Military Camp

New Primary Arms Red Dot: What do you want reviewed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I have heard that for the money it is very hard to beat. The extra money covers the abuse factor. If you are easy on it it should work just fine
    Guns International

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Once you establish zero, try differet cheek welds.
    In other words, try shooting with the dot off center off the tube. Up, down, left, right.
    ooh, that's a good one. The dot should be point of impact at your zero range regardless of if it's centered or not. I've definitely seen some cheaper dots that aren't that way.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    53b11db3e0de53f01291373d9b4dc5bf.jpg

This was at 3pm on setting 11. I turned it up so you could see the maximum. Id run it on 8 if I were really using it at this time.

You can also see how the glass is greenish. I dont care for this. My Aimpoint PRO wasn't anything but clear.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    My MD-FBGII (similar, but different) is not green at all, very clear glass. It was one of the deciding factors against the Vortex and Bushnell offerings I was considering at the time.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Is it similar in size to the Bushnell trs?
    Very similar. Ducknot and I were comparing mine to his PA model. Certainly more similar than different. This has a bit more of a "shade" on the back so its 3/16th longer maybe. This model also has a couple small horizontal ridges on the side with no discernable purpose. The adjustment knob on this is on the right side. Dot is pretty similar, maybe slightly better on this one.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Haven't shot it at all. Went to the range today but shot pistols. With the M1A...if you want a good consistent cheekweld youd need a riser for about anything other than irons or an optic mounted to cowitness or be as low as the irons.
    It doesn't give you roughly a lower 1/3rd co-witness with the irons on the M1A?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It doesn't give you roughly a lower 1/3rd co-witness with the irons on the M1A?
    It does. But you are up on a wobbly chin weld. Then if you drop down to a proper cheekweld you lose your sight picture.

I just threw it on the M1A for fun. Will probably put a scout scope on that gun. Red dot might stay on 10/22. With that Bushnell on sale im tempted to grab one of those too.

KiloKilo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2013
    Mine works good.........

My PA Red Dot works just fine on this rifle, no problem with cheek weld........1/1 co-witness with the Magpul flip ups, zeroed at 100 yds......I may get a magnifier later, maybe, maybe not........too much "stuff" on top..........Anyway, the "scope" is pretty straight forward......on/off, 11 brightness settings, windage/elevation, auto off after 8 hours (static), 50,000 hr battery life and a lifetime warranty......$169
    KK
    photo37_zps07894459.jpg

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    53b11db3e0de53f01291373d9b4dc5bf.jpg

This was at 3pm on setting 11. I turned it up so you could see the maximum. Id run it on 8 if I were really using it at this time.

You can also see how the glass is greenish. I dont care for this. My Aimpoint PRO wasn't anything but clear.

you are looking at grass Bigun......HAAAAAAA!!!! I have three of em and they have worked out damn good for me. Got one on my AR, 10/22 and AK. Good thread

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I have the TRS 25 on my 10/22 and it seemed to work pretty darn good. I only had a 25 yard range to try it tho.

I ordered a Primary Arms MD-FBGII for my AR yesterday. My main concern is how well the defined the red dot is. I don't want a star burst or solar flare looking thing, a perfect round dot would be ideal.

The TRS 25 is okay in that respect, but not perfect. Maybe they are all that way, I don't know, it was my first red dot sight.

Top Bottom