• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    If they wanted to ban long guns a no firearms sign would do. This sign is not a legal sign. I believe the TABC signs ban handguns and not long guns. Correct me if I am wrong.
    It is a legal sign... but it is not prohibitimg you from licensed carry of a handgun. Only notice that as a TABC licensed premise, unlicensed carry of certain weapons is a felony.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I see similar signs frequently and since I carry a handgun, I just assume it's FYI and laugh. I.E. it's illegal to carry a handgun without a license.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    It is a legal sign... but it is not prohibitimg you from licensed carry of a handgun. Only notice that as a TABC licensed premise, unlicensed carry of certain weapons is a felony.

Please show me where THAT sign can be downloaded from any Texas internet site. That sign might be a NY or California sign as much as I can tell. There is no reference to Texas and I can find no agencies that issue that sign. The sign is legal to display but not legally binding as much as I can tell.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I see similar signs frequently and since I carry a handgun, I just assume it's FYI and laugh. I.E. it's illegal to carry a handgun without a license.
    More or less you are right, but don't forget about "location restricted knives" if they sell beer wine or liquor, you can't have those either (46.03-3rd deg Felony)

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    The TABC most certainly has laws behind it. TABC is a completely different beast from 30.06/07... I'll dig them up later or you can...

Incorrect. Unless you mean the store owner can be administratively sanctioned for allowing the weapon inside his store.

Are you an LTC instructor?

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    More or less you are right, but don't forget about "location restricted knives" if they sell beer wine or liquor, you can't have those either (46.03-3rd deg Felony)

You are assuming the sign is a TABC sign and it is not. Location restricted knives have blades longer than 5 1/2 inches. I have not researched whether other knives can be carried under TABC locations.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Incorrect. Unless you mean the store owner can be administratively sanctioned for allowing the weapon inside his store.

Are you an LTC instructor?
    You *can* pick up a felony if you bring a handgun onto the property/premise (TAB Code defines premise as the ENTIRE property) of a red signed premise...a LTC doesn't exempt you from TAB Code or their definitions of a premise.

I was just pointing out a small detail of the law that I am familiar with...

My point was that just because the sign was novel in its language, there are still laws behind it making the possession of some weapons a felony...

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    You *can* pick up a felony if you bring a handgun onto the property/premise (TAB Code defines premise as the ENTIRE property) of a red signed premise...a LTC doesn't exempt you from TAB Code or their definitions of a premise.

We are not talking about red 51% signs, we are talking about the sign the OP posted.

My point was that just because the sign was novel in its language, there are still laws behind it making the possession of some weapons a felony...

Still waiting for you to cite the law that says no weapons. C'mon, should easy, since you are not a keyboard lawyer like the rest if us.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    If you're an attorney you should stop posting. It could hurt your business.
    Clever, going for the personal attack...

If I am wrong, I am wrong but put your money where your mouth is and point out exactly what part do you think I am wrong about?

I will happily post the statues or case law showing I am correct.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    We are not talking about red 51% signs, we are talking about the sign the OP posted.

Still waiting for you to cite the law that says no weapons. C'mon, should easy, since you are not a keyboard lawyer like the rest if us.
    My point wasn't the sign was the right sign or correct. My point was just because it is the incorrect sign there are still laws prohibiting some weapons which could get you a felony...

Top Bottom