• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    This is not your fault really as the sign laws are so confusing that these type of disagreements come up all of the time. To go off topic look at this sign at my local hospital. They took down 30.06/07 and put this up. What the hell does that mean?
    So apparently they really have to post that. Hospitals and bars. If they post 30.06 and/or 30.07 but not this, then they posted the wrong sign.

Sec. 411.204. NOTICE REQUIRED ON CERTAIN PREMISES.

(b) A hospital licensed under Chapter 241, Health and Safety Code, or a nursing home licensed under Chapter 242, Health and Safety Code, shall prominently display at each entrance to the hospital or nursing home, as appropriate, a sign that complies with the requirements of Subsection (c) other than the requirement that the sign include on its face the number "51".

(c) The sign required under Subsections (a) and (b) must give notice in both English and Spanish that it is unlawful for a person licensed under this subchapter to carry a handgun on the premises. The sign must appear in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height and must include on its face the number "51" printed in solid red at least five inches in height. The sign shall be displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.
    Hurley's Gold

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    My local liquor store posts this sign along with the TABC Blue sign. It is pretty meaningless to an LTC, I'm not sure what purpose it serves. And I have open carried in this store without any comments from the staff.

I talked to Texas law Shield about these signs - particularly the one that starts with "The unlicensed possession..." These are required by the TABC. The penalty for carrying without a permit is a misdemeanor. These signs raise the penalty to a felony due to the presence of alcohol on the premises. They have no impact at all if you have an LTC.

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    Please show me where THAT sign can be downloaded from any Texas internet site. That sign might be a NY or California sign as much as I can tell. There is no reference to Texas and I can find no agencies that issue that sign. The sign is legal to display but not legally binding as much as I can tell.

TABC will send them to you for free.

Top Bottom