• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    If I am wrong, I am wrong but put your money where your mouth is and point out exactly what part do you think I am wrong about?

You are wrong that there is law behind the sign the OP posted, as you claimed in Post #21:

It is a legal sign... but it is not prohibitimg you from licensed carry of a handgun. Only notice that as a TABC licensed premise, unlicensed carry of certain weapons is a felony.

and Post #24:

The TABC most certainly has laws behind it. TABC is a completely different beast from 30.06/07... I'll dig them up later or you can...
    Capitol Armory ad

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Please just post something of value that would show that the sign the op posted is a valid legal sign. You must realize by now that it is not a TABC sign so stop trying to win an argument with TABC regs.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    My point wasn't the sign was the right sign or correct. My point was just because it is the incorrect sign there are still laws prohibiting some weapons which could get you a felony...

Jeez, backtracking already? This must be a world record. Dont fall down and hurt yourself.

You clearly said "It is a legal sign" and "The TABC most certainly has laws behind it."

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Stop talking about it and just do it.
    Well for one...

Sec. 46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, location-restricted knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a):...

...on the premises of a business that has a permit or license issued under Chapter 25, 28, 32, 69, or 74, Alcoholic Beverage Code, if the business derives 51 percent or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption, as determined by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission under Section 104.06, Alcoholic Beverage Code; (2) on the premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sport

Please notice:
    Firearm (includes rifles)
    Location restricted knife (>5.5")
    Club
    Prohibited weapons (duh)

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Well for one...

Sec. 46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, location-restricted knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a):...

...on the premises of a business that has a permit or license issued under Chapter 25, 28, 32, 69, or 74, Alcoholic Beverage Code, if the business derives 51 percent or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption, as determined by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission under Section 104.06, Alcoholic Beverage Code; (2) on the premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sport

Please notice:
    Club
    Prohibited weapons (duh)

Nope.

The sign was in front of Target, and Target does not sell alcohol for on-premises consumption, so that entire section is irrelevant.

Are you sure you are not the keyboard lawyer? You do not seem to know the difference between Penal Code and TABC Code. Or the difference between on-premises and off-premises.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Well for one...

Please notice:
    Club
    Prohibited weapons (duh)

Yeah but most of the TABC signs don't seem to have laws backing them. Or if they do, I haven't been able to find them. It seems that TABC just makes signs that say it's a law and fines/delicenses permittees who don't enforce them.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Well for one...

Please notice:
    Club
    Prohibited weapons (duh)

Are we living in a separate universe? The ops sign was not a TABC sign but thank you for posting TABC info, like we all don't know that already.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Yeah but most of the TABC signs don't seem to have laws backing them. Or if they do, I haven't been able to find them. It seems that TABC just makes signs that say it's a law and fines/delicenses permittees who don't enforce them.

What he posted is the basis for the RED 51% sign, which is irrelevant in this discussion.

For a guy who does this for a living, he is yet to get anything correct.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Are we living in a separate universe? The ops sign was not a TABC sign but thank you for posting TABC info, like we all don't know that already.
    Yeah, I went off on a tangent... but my point was just because that sign isnt the prescribed sign doesn't mean there aren't plenty of laws that could apply depending on where you see one...

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    You *can* pick up a felony if you bring a handgun onto the property/premise (TAB Code defines premise as the ENTIRE property) of a red signed premise...a LTC doesn't exempt you from TAB Code or their definitions of a premise.

I was just pointing out a small detail of the law that I am familiar with...

My point was that just because the sign was novel in its language, there are still laws behind it making the possession of some weapons a felony...

Nobody was talking about a 51% business.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Clever, going for the personal attack...

If I am wrong, I am wrong but put your money where your mouth is and point out exactly what part do you think I am wrong about?

I will happily post the statues or case law showing I am correct.

You are wrong that location restricted knives cannot be carried into liquor stores. Specifically, this statement you made is wrong: ""More or less you are right, but don't forget about "location restricted knives" if they sell beer wine or liquor, you can't have those either""

This statement is also wrong: "The TABC most certainly has laws behind it. TABC is a completely different beast from 30.06/07... I'll dig them up later or you can..."

TABC regulations don't criminalize any customer behavior. The laws prohibiting carry inside bars are found in the PC. TABC regs create administrative rules which license holders must follow at the risk of civil penalties.

Didn't you learn all this in law school?

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Well for one...

Please notice:
    Club
    Prohibited weapons (duh)

LOL

Wrong again!

Go read PC 46.03. Firearms, per se, are not banned from carry into bars.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    This statement is also wrong: "The TABC most certainly has laws behind it. TABC is a completely different beast from 30.06/07... I'll dig them up later or you can..."
    I took that and the other stuff to say that the legislature passes laws that empower TABC to take certain enforcement actions against entities subject to their permitting and licensing.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Yeah, I went off on a tangent... but my point was just because that sign isnt the prescribed sign doesn't mean there aren't plenty of laws that could apply depending on where you see one...

This is not your fault really as the sign laws are so confusing that these type of disagreements come up all of the time. To go off topic look at this sign at my local hospital. They took down 30.06/07 and put this up. What the hell does that mean?

Attachments

• IMG_1833.JPG
      IMG_1833.JPG
      58.3 KB · Views: 261

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    This is not your fault really as the sign laws are so confusing that these type of disagreements come up all of the time. To go off topic look at this sign at my local hospital. They took down 30.06/07 and put this up. What the hell does that mean?
    Means that it must be my kind of hospital!

Top Bottom