• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Definitely what MSage said. Take care of the range and they will support our events in the future. Are we planning to announce this during the first week of December? Give people time to plan and such. Be nice if we could get sponsors and such involved. Kick off the new year with this big event.

scubastasia

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Are we a go for Feb? I have someone that wants to sponsor GhostTargets.com/ Home and would be willing to come out and run some type of competition or game and give out his product as a prize. Also, are we doing this pot luck style where everyone brings something or are we going to cook and have people purchase plates?

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    We should be putting the info out on this is we have the dates set. Be good to get the ball rolling and get interest up.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Sorry, I dropped the ball. I have a lot of personal stuff going on this month, and it's been hell. I'll talk to the owner today and confirm it's setup. Once it is, lets publicize the hell out of this and try to get as many people to it as possible.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    We have bay #3 reserved. Here's the range info:

19500 W. SH 29
    Liberty Hill, TX 78642
    (512) 355-3486

Map:

Best of the West Shooting Sports - Google Maps

For those that don't know, everyone must check in at the front desk office first, sign in, pay the range fee, and then proceed to the back to bay #3.

The normal fee is $16/person. What we need to decide is if people are purchasing plates, and if there is going to be some raffle prizes or giveaways, if any sponsors will be coming, how many, and if they would like to donate for any giveaways. Any ideas you guys have, lets hear them. I can see about getting us a discount on the range fees to compensate if we plan on having other costs involved (BBQ plate purchase, etc).

I want to run a tight ship on this. As far as safety goes, I'm going to personally control that aspect of this event. It will be structured to say the least. Everything including range commands, safety rules, range etiquette, medical, etc. will be briefed and questions answered at the beginning. I'll need a few people to act as RSO's. Mike, if you don't mind, I'd like you to be one of the RSO's. Anyone else interested in RSO'ing, let me know.

I and I'm sure Alan will be glad to provide some free basic instruction during the event.

We should come up with a plan of exactly what we want to do at the event, and then come up with an itinerary for it. If we want to try out on intro IDPA-style course, we need to figure that out now so we can get the supplies and range equipment together for it. Alan and I should be able to handle getting together all of the supplies and range equipment. Anyone here experienced with RSO'ing IDPA/USPSA or other matches other than Alan or I?

Alan, we need to come to a decision on sponsors for this event, if we want them, and if so, who?

Anyone else think of anything I might be forgetting? I'd like to see this event turn out awesome, tons of attendance, run smoothly, etc. It will set the pace for the rest of 2012 and better things to come.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Agreed with above, I d like to see a big event with sponsors and such. Can help out in some way or the other. How do you guys want to do food?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I can do RSO duty. I haven't done it at sanctioned matches, but pulled RSO duty at a ton of club matches, mostly carbine matches. Nobody managed to get shot on my watch.

Now would be a good time to announce and start publicity. We can fill in all the details later, but the important framework is there.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Lets announce it and iron out the fine details as we go. Working long hours but can add in input as I see it.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I put the event announcement up. Im working alot of hours at the moment. Add info as you all see fit.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    If we want to try out on intro IDPA-style course, we need to figure that out now so we can get the supplies and range equipment together for it.

I have an idea based on this... At the LaRue shoot this year, one of the bays was a 3-gun intro shoot that was a ton of fun. There are a few different ways we could do it, and running pistol, shotgun and rifle would add some variety.

I like the .22 match that Dan's talked about, too. Depending on turnout and participation in each, they'd be easy to do.

Intro IDPA would be fun.

I can handle carbine and shotgun (combat) basics.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    The .22 contest is easy and needs little supervision. George can probably help with the truck. We can add info as we go, figured it was time to let the cat out of the bag and get people excited.

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    Good to see this posted. So whats the deal on food, cost per shooter, per non-shooter, etc?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The .22 contest is easy and needs little supervision. George can probably help with the truck. We can add info as we go, figured it was time to let the cat out of the bag and get people excited.

Getting word out now is the best way to do it. It also lets people throw their own ideas at us.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Counted up last night, rifle rack has space for 26 total, less if there are optics... If you think we can use it, let me know.I have a black PMag (no window, still in the wrapper) that I can throw in as a contest prize.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It would help if we knew more about the format. Contests? Some tactical style shooting? Do I need to build a bowling pin table and find a way to get it there?

Top Bottom