• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texaslady1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    We are on for the 5th!!!!! Me Christina (Travis fiance) are going shopping on Sunday for the rest of the supplies.

BBQ is going to be Free.... the forum is paying for it. (Sterling will you buy/ BBQ the meat for 50? and forum will pay you back)
    Everyone will only have to pay for the entry $16 in to the range non shooters are free
    Prizes we are hoping to have: Hats, T-shirts, Koozies, and one grande prize we are working on.

If you could please let me us know the Contests you think will be the safest and the most time effective.
    we have already bought some targets and clay pigeons

I have Alan , Travis, Dcav, M.sage being RSO's
    Me and Christina would like to handle Greeting , sign in

Food: - Sterling cooking/ buying meat
    Redneck could you make some of your famous beans?
    Bill millers will be making Potato Salad
    bread will be bought that morning
    you want anything else?

Drinks just going to get sodas/water so extra ice chest would be nice

Thank you for all you hard work! lets get this final so we can have an itinerary and be able to promote the exact contest we will be having!

any questions you can call Alan at 512-619-4076

Texaslady1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Are we a go for Feb? I have someone that wants to sponsor GhostTargets.com/ Home and would be willing to come out and run some type of competition or game and give out his product as a prize. Also, are we doing this pot luck style where everyone brings something or are we going to cook and have people purchase plates?

Are they still in for something? If so how much time/ space would they need? sorry it has taken so long for us to get back to you on this post. Could you call Alan and let him know. 512-619-4076

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Alex Wakal offered to binrg osme of his toys as well. I'll write up some of the contests when I get to my desk at work.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just so everyone is aware, we have Bay 3 reserved at BOTW. Bay 3 is a 125 yard bay, so that leaves us with a LOT of possibilities. I could use some ideas for what we would like to do. We can do the "Intro to IDPA" thing. We could have a bullseye pistol match, 25yd rimfire match, etc. What do you all think?

Texaslady1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Just so everyone is aware, we have Bay 3 reserved at BOTW. Bay 3 is a 125 yard bay, so that leaves us with a LOT of possibilities. I could use some ideas for what we would like to do. We can do the "Intro to IDPA" thing. We could have a bullseye pistol match, 25yd rimfire match, etc. What do you all think?

Dillo is going to gift some class as well correct?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

The rimfire match is go as far as I'm concerned. I like Dan's format for it. It's simple, it's quick. It sounds like fun. And it's been done, so he knows it works. ;)

Let's talk about the IDPA course of fire. I think it could turn out well, we just need to have a good plan on how to keep it running smoothly. Ideally, I'd like to see gongs as targets to cut down on reset time. Extra fun? Run it as a "heads-up" contest where two people shoot next to each other. Obviously, that's going to restrict them from moving, though I think we could start them next to each other in the center and then have them move away from each other. Run it single elimination.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Soon as a i get a free minute I will post up the specs for the .22 contest, let me know what range you want to do the contest at (distance)

Top Bottom