• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    that makes no sense to me......what kid just rolls over like a door mat and takes a beating - that goes against our instinctive behavior

i cant remember my kids ever laying down calmly to get a beating - they're scared to death - fight or flight

so the daughter made it worse because she was rightfully scared? really? we're blaming the daughter here? wow.......no offense, but wow

she was 16, not 3-5, she should know better at her age. my brother and i used to get spanked all the time, my sister rarely got spanked, but even she knew if she didnt stand still, it would be worse.
    Hurley's Gold

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I say again, I did not see abuse in that tape and I'm pretty sensitive about those things.

Regarding the daughter betraying her father:
    "it would take much much more than that for me to disown my kid"
    I would not simply disown her......she would be dead to me.

Flash

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I say again, I did not see abuse in that tape and I'm pretty sensitive about those things.

Regarding the daughter betraying her father:
    "it would take much much more than that for me to disown my kid"
    I would not simply disown her......she would be dead to me.

Flash

Over react much?

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Over react much?

She knew exactly what she was doing when the camera was hidden. Then years later, she drags out the tape, puts it on the Internet and turns her Father into a World wide subject of scorn. She could have talked to him, gotten counseling, gone to family counseling or simply left home like I did but she chose to destroy him in public. That's brutal retaliation.

I never spoke of the atrocities my parents committed until after their deaths. Even so, I never speak of it unless it is relevant such as in this discussion. In fact, the movie "Sibyl" with Sally Field, described the same torture and sadistic, creepy childhood that I endured but I never spoke of it. At least, I respected them enough to keep their dirty little secrets. Their punishment is being handed out as I type this and it was not for me to administer that "payback."

She would be dead to me.

Flash

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I won't say this wasn't excessive since he is clearly so enraged when he did it. That was his mistake.

But honestly, if we look around in our society and wonder why things are going wrong, I personally feel it can be traced to decreased use of corporal punishment in the home and school. Like many others have said, I got beat way worse growing up and I am thankful for it. I beleive my father was right everytime he did it(except that one time my sister falsely accused me, but o well even then he did what was best in his judgment).

We should be beating more kids asses. This subject is kindof like gun control. Once you see a nut using it, people get a bit wary. But the honest answer is also like gun control- we don't need less guns/corporal punishment, we need a lot more. Just IMO. And I say that having formerly represented juvenille criminal offenders. Me, the Judge, and the DA all used to joke we could spot the kid who hasn't been getting his/her ass beat enough at home.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Over react much?

She knew exactly what she was doing when the camera was hidden. Then years later, she drags out the tape, puts it on the Internet and turns her Father into a World wide subject of scorn. She could have talked to him, gotten counseling, gone to family counseling or simply left home like I did but she chose to destroy him in public. That's brutal retaliation.

I never spoke of the atrocities my parents committed until after their deaths. Even so, I never speak of it unless it is relevant such as in this discussion. In fact, the movie "Sibyl" with Sally Field, described the same torture and sadistic, creepy childhood that I endured but I never spoke of it. At least, I respected them enough to keep their dirty little secrets. Their punishment is being handed out as I type this and it was not for me to administer that "payback."

She would be dead to me.

Flash

As much as I've seen you write about helping kids, I think if you had a daughter you'd put aside your pride and forgive her. In fact, I'd bet on it.

With all you've been through I'm sure you know that without forgiving other people you can't be complete yourself.

berto40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Houston
    The judge's rage could be due to substance abuse.(speculation) The girl did say/mention something about getting him help, but didn't go into specifics. The lady walking in with a back up belt, they can't be right!?

craftkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Rockport, Texas
    No, I don't expect the girl to focus on the national problems. It amazes me how other issues are overshadowed by "NEWS" like this.

I don't have children, but if I did the only way I would see me taking it to the level he did would have to be the result of some pretty horrible act from said child... i.e. stole property, destruction of property, hit my wife... but I'm not even sure about that. It's hard to say in a "hypothetical" situation.

craftkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Rockport, Texas
    I know we're all entitled to "our" opinions, but I believe a good ass whoopin is healthy for children.

I got my ass beat in the Marine Corps, helped calm me down for a 17 yr old kid to a disciplined, respectful 17 yr old.

I equate it to this.... And I know I'm tossing a turd in the fan with this one...

My pup, it pee's/craps in the house I smack it and yell.

My pup does it's business outside in the grass it gets a treat and petted and told how good of a dog it is.

So if this man, wants to discipline his child I understand. I was beat with a belt when young and it didn't take to much for me to figure out right from wrong. And that has helped me more in my life than anything.

I employ allot of these 20yr old brats that think it's "their way right away", and it drives me nuts. 21 yr old thinks they should be in upper management after two months because they never got cut from the team, never lost, never failed a test etc. etc. etc.

Society has gone to hell in a hand basket. The Moral fabric of our society has been skewed by what people "Feel" is right versus what works.

And I agree with Roger I wouldn't have a thing to do with her if a child did something like that to me.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    she holds some serious resentment towards her father, thats for sure. the whole story has not been given, but i dont know if i could disown someone over it. she is messing with his livelihood, which i hope she has more to it than just a spanking behind it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    couple of things really troble me with the video

1. The father doesn't show anger but closer to rage.
    2. After the mom whoops her on the butt which is what they wanted apperently, the father says ''wait' i didn't get my lick in''. As if he wanted the pleasure of doing it himself. I have never gotten any pleasure from punishing my daughter.

She may have been out of control but this is not the way to fix it, I was whipped and grounded growing up but never with any anger like this.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread they beat their kids like this along with neices and nephews. All i can say iis if anyone did this to my daughter i would give him a beating that would make this video look like a slap on the wrist.

I don't know her reason for releasing the video, If it was black mail then she can deal with the legal consequences but I don't see his actions as appropriate, if its that bad Ship her off to a military school. Being at your witts end is no excuse for for screaming about beating them into submission, it just sounds sick.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    No, I don't expect the girl to focus on the national problems. It amazes me how other issues are overshadowed by "NEWS" like this.

I don't have children, but if I did the only way I would see me taking it to the level he did would have to be the result of some pretty horrible act from said child... i.e. stole property, destruction of property, hit my wife... but I'm not even sure about that. It's hard to say in a "hypothetical" situation.

It wasnt property, but she was stealing.

craftkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Rockport, Texas
    Exactly, her dad a judge wouldn't want to deal with his 16 yr old being caught stealing. And was this her first time being caught doing this????

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    couple of things really troble me with the video

1. The father doesn't show anger but closer to rage.
    2. After the mom whoops her on the butt which is what they wanted apperently, the father says ''wait' i didn't get my lick in''. As if he wanted the pleasure of doing it himself. I have never gotten any pleasure from punishing my daughter.

She may have been out of control but this is not the way to fix it, I was whipped and grounded growing up but never with any anger like this.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread they beat their kids like this along with neices and nephews. All i can say iis if anyone did this to my daughter i would give him a beating that would make this video look like a slap on the wrist.

I don't know her reason for releasing the video, If it was black mail then she can deal with the legal consequences but I don't see his actions as appropriate, if its that bad Ship her off to a military school. Being at your witts end is no excuse for for screaming about beating them into submission, it just sounds sick.

that was me who made the comment. youre entitled to do so, in my situtation they know how i punish because they were punished the same way growing up. if they have an issue, they wouldnt be bringing their kids to me to take care of nor telling their kids, their uncle will get the belt if they didnt behave. i like how you use the phrase "beat", i have never beat any children, but i cant say the same for parents who use their hands to spank instead of a belt. i consider using your hands, "beating" them. i also have no respect for parents who punish their children in a meek, sheepish voice and then hug, cuddle or other behavior that furthers that childs misbehavior by letting them know youre not serious about being the authority figure. if you cant control yourself when punishing children, maybe you should find another type of punishment that is productive for both parties, but spanking in my anecdotal evidence worked and so far nobody ive spanked has robbed a liqour store.

craftkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Rockport, Texas
    that was me who made the comment. youre entitled to do so, in my situtation they know how i punish because they were punished the same way growing up. if they have an issue, they wouldnt be bringing their kids to me to take care of nor telling their kids, their uncle will get the belt if they didnt behave. i like how you use the phrase "beat", i have never beat any children, but i cant say the same for parents who use their hands to spank instead of a belt. i consider using your hands, "beating" them. i also have no respect for parents who punish their children in a meek, sheepish voice and then hug, cuddle or other behavior that furthers that childs misbehavior by letting them know youre not serious about being the authority figure. if you cant control yourself when punishing children, maybe you should find another type of punishment that is productive for both parties, but spanking in my anecdotal evidence worked and so far nobody ive spanked has robbed a liqour store.

Well put.

Problem is anyone can blow their load and create a child, however it takes a whole lot more to properly raise a productive member of society. All of these people that put their children in timeout or give them whatever they want and allow them to do whatever they want have polluted society with a bunch of lazy, good for nothing draw on society parasites!

So yes, DISCIPLINING a child is necessary. BEATING a child is not. Beating is by hand or object in an attempt to physically harm. DISCIPLINING is an act to demonstrate the negative outcome of not doing as told or acting in the correct manner.

In our oh so great Politically Correct world these terms get skewed and interpretation is taken differently. So to spank a child to teach a lesson is ok in my book. Beating them with a bludgeon isn't.

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    Life gets ugly sometimes. I think the kid planned it and punched the guy's buttons to get the tape. Even if she didn't, it didn't look like nothing out of the ordinary to me. I got worse. Time was I dreaded seein' my dad come home every afternoon because I knew I was gonna get a whippin'. This was every day during elementary school. Don't remember what I did, but it was all the damned time. Little brother ( 6 yrs younger ) never got many whippings, little sister ( 10 years younger ) none that I can remember.

Could be due to the fact I was the reason my parents got married. I dunno. Seems like I was always doin' something to embarrass my mom. My wife of 29 years recently told me she felt like my mom would always be embarrassed by anything I did. I quit seein' my parents 6 years ago, don't miss them much and I ain't gotta feel like I'm doin' something wrong just by breathing. Like the song says, sometimes goodbye is a second chance.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I'm 36 years old. I suspect if I released a tape like this of my father, he'd be on his way to house to give me a worse whoopin'. He tells me all the time- you never get to old to get your ass beat.

Top Bottom