• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I'm 36 years old. I suspect if I released a tape like this of my father, he'd be on his way to house to give me a worse whoopin'. He tells me all the time- you never get to old to get your ass beat.

thats a fact, so just remember if you dont wanna be embarrassed, dont do anything stupid to embarrass your parents. lol.
    Venture Surplus ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    that was me who made the comment. youre entitled to do so, in my situtation they know how i punish because they were punished the same way growing up. if they have an issue, they wouldnt be bringing their kids to me to take care of nor telling their kids, their uncle will get the belt if they didnt behave. i like how you use the phrase "beat", i have never beat any children, but i cant say the same for parents who use their hands to spank instead of a belt. i consider using your hands, "beating" them. i also have no respect for parents who punish their children in a meek, sheepish voice and then hug, cuddle or other behavior that furthers that childs misbehavior by letting them know youre not serious about being the authority figure. if you cant control yourself when punishing children, maybe you should find another type of punishment that is productive for both parties, but spanking in my anecdotal evidence worked and so far nobody ive spanked has robbed a liqour store.

I used "beat" because that is what the guy was doing IMO, Not simply by the physical actions but also his temperment at the time and some of the things he said. I don't feel the difference in a spanking and beating lies in the tool or appendage used to administer it but the way it is used and the attitude that accompanies it. I was whooped with belts or a hand growing up, got a pop in the mouth for backtalk, and my PaPa had a ring that he would turn to the inside and pop the back of my head. I never experienced anything to the degree shown in the video and i turned out fine. I work hard, pay taxes, refused to get unemployment after loseing a job becouse i could find some kind of work. I say yes sir and no sir, hold doors for the elderly and anyone else going through after me and thank athers for doing the same. I figure i turned out pretty good considering i didn't have the privelidge of being cussed while a belt was swung at me from side to side and threats of getting it in the face if i didn't roll over.

My daughter is still pretty young (3) and right now time out works much better if she misbehaves, as he gets alittle older a spanking may have more effect. As a teen i would have preferred a spanking to being grounded for a week or two. I had friends to meet and hang out with and siiting in my room with nothing but books wasn't fun. There is no perfect punishment for every kid at every age so to write off time outs for small children or being grounded for teens seems unwise. I agree that you must stick to your guns when you administer a punishment and i think this can be much more important than what the punishment is. I can't imagine that you have actually done something closely resembling this video, if you have i disagree and will leave it at that, if my daughter gets a whoopin for misbehaving within reason by a family member so be it, if it is slightly over done i will say something to them. But I felt the father in the video was taking out all of his frustration with a belt, not to teach a lesson but to release his anger which IMO wasn't right and that is where I would have a problem with my own children involved.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Any proof that she was blackmailing?
    T
    he comments on his harrassment getting worse make me wonder:
    1. How do you harass a 23 year old who is going to college?
    2. Tell her that you aren't going to pay for her spring break trip to Cancun?
    3. Tell her that she has to bring home good grades are you are not going to pay for her college?
    4. Tell her that you are not going to get her a new car unless she gets a job?

If the harassment was so bad, why didn't she get a job, move out and prove that she didn't have to take his shit?

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    McALLEN, Texas — A Texas family law judge says his daughter posted a YouTube video of him beating her several years ago because he told her he was reducing her financial support and taking away her Mercedes.

Judge: Daughter posted beating video out of spite  | ajc.com

And it gets better: The wife, the mother who watched him beat the kid and took a few swings herself has this to say:

PORTLAND, Texas (AP) — The ex-wife of a Texas judge who was captured on video brutally beating his teenage daughter blames the regular attacks on an addiction and says he brainwashed her into compliance.

National News Wire | jacksonville.com

Hillary's mother, Hallie, can also be seen yelling at the girl to “turn over like a 16-year-old and take it!"
    But Hallie Adams, who is now divorced, said she regrets her participation and told Lauer that she has since apologized and repaired her relationship with her daughter.
    "I was completely brainwashed and controlled," the remorseful mom said during the "Today" interview. "I did every single thing that he did. When I leave the room, he’s telling me what to say, what to do."
    At one point during the 7-minute-plus video, the man leaves the room and returns with a second belt to continue the wicked assault - which was apparently sparked over Hillary Adams' downloading of illegal music files.
    "I told him I had the video and he didn't seem to think anything of it, basically dared me to post it," Hillary Adams said.

Read more: Hillary Adams, who uploaded video showing her Texas judge father beating her, tells story on ‘Today’ Show   - NY Daily News

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    With her mother by her side, Adams told “Today’s” Matt Lauer that she hoped her father, Judge William Adams, wouldn't lose his job as a result.

Read more: Hillary Adams, who uploaded video showing her TexasÂ*judge father beating her, tells story on ‘Today’ Show Â* - NY Daily News

Yeah, I think there is mor to this than meets the eye.

That said, I still am glad that he isn't going to be ruling on family law cases.

But lets not make the girl and her mom into heros, because they ain't.
    She is still a spoiled brat who threw a temper tantrum.

Wonder what she is going to do now that she killed the golden (for her) goose that was paying for her upscale mercedes lifestyle?

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    She left her husband, she told TODAY, . . . . . added that he has threatened to have her younger daughter removed from her custody.
    Oh wow . . . and its a custody issue to prevent daddy from getting custody of the youngest shild.

I should have seen this coming but I didn't know about the young'un.

And even better:

Hillary held on to the video for seven years until a series of small disputes with her father led her to post it on the site Reddit. It quickly went viral.
    Daughter in beating video: Why I released it - TODAY People - TODAY.com

The beating is inexcusable.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Flash As much as I've seen you write about helping kids, I think if you had a daughter you'd put aside your pride and forgive her. In fact, I'd bet on it. With all you've been through I'm sure you know that without forgiving other people you can't be complete yourself.

Helping people was my job and I was very good at it.

There are only three of us left in my entire family line and I am the only son..............anywhere. My older sister is a mean, self centered "B" who stole from me. I slammed the door on her in 1983 and never spoke to her again. The younger sister started the same stuff in March, 2011 (and it wasn't the first time) so I shut her out, too. I live by the code of "Vendetta." When they finally cross the line, there's no coming back and payback will come today, tomorrow, next year or next century.

As for me, the family line will die with me and that is my "payback" for the Hell they put me through. I'll erase the whole damned family line. Payback is a bitch.

Flash

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Just sitting here with my 18 year old daughter. She watched the video in its entirety. She asked what the big deal was, she said if the girl had just done as she was told and turned around it would've stopped. She said, "Been there, done that, and it isn't abuse, it's discipline."

Just sayin...

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Any proof that she was blackmailing?
    The comments on his harrassment getting worse make me wonder:
    1. How do you harass a 23 year old who is going to college?
    2. Tell her that you aren't going to pay for her spring break trip to Cancun?
    3. Tell her that she has to bring home good grades are you are not going to pay for her college?
    4. Tell her that you are not going to get her a new car unless she gets a job?

If the harassment was so bad, why didn't she get a job, move out and prove that she didn't have to take his shit?

EXACTLY!!! YOU NAILED IT.

Judge: Daughter posted beating video out of spite *| ajc.com

And it gets better: The wife, the mother who watched him beat the kid and took a few swings herself has this to say:

National News Wire | jacksonville.com

Yeah, I think there is mor to this than meets the eye.

That said, I still am glad that he isn't going to be ruling on family law cases.

But lets not make the girl and her mom into heros, because they ain't.
    She is still a spoiled brat who threw a temper tantrum.

Wonder what she is going to do now that she killed the golden (for her) goose that was paying for her upscale mercedes lifestyle?

DOUBLE NAIL. This girl is going to realize how freaking good she had it. Maybe I can get her Mercedes, I'll take a few ass whoopins for that. I should get a shirt that says "I got my ass beat more than that girl almost everyday and all I got was a 1980 Ford Fairmont".

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Clearly a horrendous situation all the way around. We will never know all the details, so many things on TGT are speculation.

SC-Texas: You beat me (no pun intended) to it with posts #64-66. The mother was an active participant by her own admission, who knows for how many years and to what extent, yet 99.5% of the spotlight has been on the dad. Easy for her to now blame the ex-husband and his alleged brainwashing since the mother has apparantly achieved a satisfactory relationship with the eldest girl. And now, the mother has threatened to keep the youngest child from the dad. Poor form once again. They just finished their version of the story on Houston's Channel 13 news and there was not one mention of the mother's involvement. (see post 23)

What we saw in the video is not discipline. Corporal punishment, with the correct intent and administering, belongs in the home and back in schools. I see many of us agree on that.

winchster: Not sure I totally agree with your daughter saying it is not abuse, but clearly she understands discipline is/was required. You're obviously proud of her or you wouldn't have shared that. If you can find an un-weird way of doing it, tell her some dude from TGT is proud of her to.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    winchster: Not sure I totally agree with your daughter saying it is NOT abuse, but clearly she understands discipline is/was required. You're obviously proud of her or you wouldn't have shared that. If you can find an un-weird way of doing it, tell her some dude from TGT is proud of her to.

I am proud of her, especially considering the strides we have made since she was 16. I will tell her.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the guy didn't go overboard but I'll quote my daughter again. "he hit her on the legs and lower back with a belt, it's not like he doubled up his fist and punched her. I've been busted on my legs and hands because I wouldn't turn over and I found out from the sheriff that I called that y'all could bust me however y'all saw fit so long as I wasn't punched it wasn't abuse."
    (again those are my daughters words.)

craftkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Rockport, Texas
    just sitting here with my 18 year old daughter. She watched the video in its entirety. She asked what the big deal was, she said if the girl had just done as she was told and turned around it would've stopped. She said, "been there, done that, and it isn't abuse, it's discipline."

just sayin...

exactly!!!

craftkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Rockport, Texas
    Yeah she dropped out of school and one stipulation of that was that she would have her Nice car as long as she makes the grade.

She drops out of school, he says I'm going to come get the car... video is released.

Mother doesn't want the younger child to go live with dad cause then she looses her child support......

I see the mother and oldest daughter are in on it together... If our gravy train ends, lets get him fired.... damn women!

The Judge finally said screw it, your not bending me over a barrell.

And there's more, but till the News post it I'll just sit over here and wait.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I watched mom and daughter on Anderson Cooper 360 tonight.

She and mom handled the press like they are pros with professional handlers.

Y'all need to watch it.

As the dad said, disabled has been mislabeled and the release came down to support.

Y'all really have to watch the ac360 interview. Basically, she is shacking up with her boyfriend, dropping out of college and working part time as a video game store clerk. When daddy said get on track or lose the Mercedes, she threatened to release the video and did release the video.

Now, the guy has to leave the bench. He simply cannot sit on the bench after this.

The legal basis to fire him is for essentially conduct unbecoming a judicial officer.

The committee will have hearings and make a recommendation to the supreme court.

And let's face it, there is no excuse for the beating of the child. Teenagers do shit like that and a parent must be able discipline the teenage child without physical abuse. It is hard, but it is a simple requirement.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Ok, so I just watched the ac360 interview and now I'm pissed off at the daughter and the mom. Talk about hell hath no fury. Wow.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom