NFA / Suppressor / Form 4 - CLEO Sign-Offs

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
Let's get a list started of CLEOs that sign Form 4s and the areas they represent.

Gpz1100

Mar 15, 2008
Warren, TX
Sheriff Jesse Wolfe, Woodville, Tyler Co

Unfortunately Sheriff Jesse didn't get the democratic nomination. The person that did, Constable Terry Riley, is reported to have said he will not sign a form 4. The Republican nominee, David Hennigan, is an unknown on this. Guess I'll be finding soon enough...

AviatorDave

Mar 12, 2008
Anyone in Dallas/Plano/Richardson area? I've been doing everything as a corporate transfer, but it might be nice to do some in my name if possible.

dane421

Sep 8, 2008
DFW
I don't know how current this info is but I hope this helps

1. Greg Hamilton, Sheriff, Travis County, Texas. He has signed off for all Title II firearms.

2. James Wilson, Sheriff, Williamson County. He is the newly appointed Sheriff that replaced former
Sheriff Jim Wilson. Rumor is he is not signing off on suppressors anymore.

3. Allen Bridges, Sheriff, Hays County. His predecessor (Don Montague) has signed for Machine Guns,
SBR, SBS, AOW, and suppressors, there is currently no reason to believe he will not do otherwise.

4. Larry Olivarez, Sheriff, Nueces County. He has signed for all Title II firearms.

5. William Elsbury, Sheriff, Blanco County. He has signed for Machine Guns. Unknown about the rest.

6. David Morgan, Chief of Police, City of Georgetown. He has signed for suppressors. Unknown about
the rest.

7. Bryan Williams, Chief of Police, City of Round Rock. He does sign for Machine Guns, SBS, SBR, and
AOW.

8. Richard Hernandez, Sheriff, Bastrop County. Has signed for suppressors.

9. Daniel Law, Sheriff, Caldwell County. Has signed for suppressors and short barreled firearms.

10. Gary W. Adams, Chief of Police, City of University Park. Has signed for suppressors.

11. Steve Starr, Chief of Police, City of Schertz. Has signed off for LEO's for suppressors.

The following do NOT sign:
1. Cathy Ellison, Acting Chief of Police, City of Austin.
2. Albert Ortiz, Chief of Police, City of San Antonio.
3. Harold Hurtt, Chief of Police, Houston, Texas.
4. Tommy Thomas, Sheriff, Harris County, Texas.
5. Ralph Lopez, Sheriff, Bexar County, Texas

jimmy-buffett

Oct 22, 2008
Benny Parkey, Sheriff of Denton Co has signed two Form 4's for me with no problems. I got in touch with him via e-mail on the county's website. He does a background check and takes about a month to get the forms done.

Waylan Rhodes, Chief of Police of Little Elm, TX (my home town) refused to sign the form whenever I contacted him via e-mail.

David

Feb 29, 2008
North Texas
Benny Parkey will sign any NFA Form. 2 weeks turn around time as he copies and does his own checks.

DA Paul Johnson and Denton Chief of Police will not sign.

flashguy

Oct 31, 2008
Dallas, Texas
As far as I know, there are no CLEOs in the DFW area who will sign. My last 3 Form 4s were signed by a federal judge (who does not want his name spread around), and that was quite a few years ago.

flashguy

byronw999

Apr 17, 2008
Grand Prairie, Texas USA!
Dallas County Sherriff Valdez will not sign.. She told my Xfer FFL " People dont need that kind of stuff" Voted against her she still got back in I see..

The Tarrant Co sheriff will sign my ffl says... My Grand Prairie Police Chief signed mine for my silencer but started being a real liberal puke when I tried to get a sbr...

Got a trust setup now so they can all just kiss my donkey..

Top Bottom