• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    I'll probably bring my 25-06 plastic 700 as my "lame" one. It's probably lame to others but I really love it. My cool one will be a convertable blackhawk my great-uncle and I worked on. Lots of love in that thing... as well as magnum primers :twin:

I may bring one or two other things... we'll see... we'll see

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    I know right? Come on Dallas, let's show those in other cities we can have fun too. If this works out, we may look into doing some sort of 2 gun matches.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Dang...it is way on the opposite end of the metro-mess !!
    I'm NW of Fort Worth up near Azle.

I may have to take some time off...too bad my form 4 is only a few weeks in as I'd love to have the spectre II to try out.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Dang...it is way on the opposite end of the metro-mess !!
    I'm NW of Fort Worth up near Azle.

I may have to take some time off...too bad my form 4 is only a few weeks in as I'd love to have the spectre II to try out.

I'm driving from Granbury, which is 30 miles SW of Ft. Worth.

It's a haul, but I bet it'll be worth it. It's the price we pay for sweet country livin'

jtyler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Peeltown
    Im looking forward to it. Im bringing my mk 12 spr and another ar and a couple pistols

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    Y'all have fun!
    If I ever get my work projects finished and get off working nights I would like to make one of these gatherings some day.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Carrollton, TX
    Just a quick update. I'm working with Fusion to get a formal schedule put together so that everyone knows what to bring and expect. Facilities may, for example, be available by our date as improvements are currently being made to the range, although traditionally the bathroom was the trees :) Afaik, plan on arriving before 8AM so that we can get payment and any paperwork out of the way quickly and get onto the safety orientation. After that, we can collectively organize the shooting schedule. Fee will be $20 per shooter. There is a very large tree on site so plenty of shade is available for those wishing to observe only (eye/ear protection still required, though). Bring lawn chairs, food, and water. I'll bring a half tent to setup in case it's needed.

Typically, people bring their own targets and there may be additional ones for sale, but don't count on it. I will personally bring about a dozen extra paper targets and will setup Smoke on a Rope targets, and Ghost targets. I also hope to have one of those bleeding Zombie targets setup for an eval. I'm also in discussion with Fusion about setting up some Tannerite targets.

I'll try to get a formal schedule and resolution of all details posted shortly along with instructions on how to get to the range.

Sorry that my work schedule permits only infrequent posting. Thanks for your patience and I look forward to meeting everyone.

regards,

- jim armstrong

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Just a quick update. I'm working with Fusion to get a formal schedule put together so that everyone knows what to bring and expect. Facilities may, for example, be available by our date as improvements are currently being made to the range, although traditionally the bathroom was the trees :) Afaik, plan on arriving before 8AM so that we can get payment and any paperwork out of the way quickly and get onto the safety orientation. After that, we can collectively organize the shooting schedule. Fee will be $20 per shooter. There is a very large tree on site so plenty of shade is available for those wishing to observe only (eye/ear protection still required, though). Bring lawn chairs, food, and water. I'll bring a half tent to setup in case it's needed.

Typically, people bring their own targets and there may be additional ones for sale, but don't count on it. I will personally bring about a dozen extra paper targets and will setup Smoke on a Rope targets, and Ghost targets. I also hope to have one of those bleeding Zombie targets setup for an eval. I'm also in discussion with Fusion about setting up some Tannerite targets.

I'll try to get a formal schedule and resolution of all details posted shortly along with instructions on how to get to the range.

Sorry that my work schedule permits only infrequent posting. Thanks for your patience and I look forward to meeting everyone.

regards,

- jim armstrong

Possible to bring our own Tannerite or contribute to more on your end?

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    The only caveat is right now I'm working nights during a plant outage.

We are scheduled to be out by then, but discovery items are stretching things out.

Top Bottom