• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 300_Wizzm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2014
    Another new guy here. :)
    I plan to attend and will be bringing some tannerite and a steel gong. Will be nice to meet some people from the area. Most of my friends could care less about my passion for shooting.

tango5seven

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    DFW
    I'm kind of worried, too.

I know the day of the gathering everyone will be cordial and new friendships will be spawned.
    But the internet trash talk that follows will be epic. :p

Hell, I'll let you start the trash talkin' early. I set an alarm on my phone so I wouldn't forget.

So, sunday morning my phone goes ding, I look, it say TGT meet n greet. I leap out of bed, throw some clothes on, chuck the shooting irons in the truck and haul ass cuz I'm, like, really late.

Wasn't till I got to the range and it was closed that I took the time to actually read the alarm and then the thread to find out I was a week early!

Lesson learned. NEVER set a reminder exactly a week ahead of an event. Leaves a tiny window of confusion.....

Sent from Cheyenne Mountain to confuse the NSA

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    hell, i'll let you start the trash talkin' early. I set an alarm on my phone so i wouldn't forget.

So, sunday morning my phone goes ding, i look, it say tgt meet n greet. I leap out of bed, throw some clothes on, chuck the shooting irons in the truck and haul ass cuz i'm, like, really late.

Wasn't till i got to the range and it was closed that i took the time to actually read the alarm and then the thread to find out i was a week early!

Lesson learned. Never set a reminder exactly a week ahead of an event. Leaves a tiny window of confusion.....

Sent from cheyenne mountain to confuse the nsa

that sucks!

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Hell, 8 to noon huh? I will see what I can do. Fusion is literally about 7 miles from the house, but......it is Mother's Day and that usually means going to church with my mother Sunday morning. Sucks, because I don't know any of you guys except for Deemus, and I would like to get together with you all.

Maybe if I cannot go we can plan something out at the range we go to later in the summer, TDSA.

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    It'd be great to see you out there!

I'd like to add a "plus 2" to my name on the roster; I'll be bringing my mom and uncle.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Well crap, fellers.

Mother's Day family gathering takes precedent.
    Plans were finalized a couple hours ago.

I have to be in Arlington having a contest to see who can develop the most convincing, contrived conversation with my daughter's in-laws.

Kids ... the gift that never stops giving.
    It's a damn good thing the granddaughters are cute ...

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Went out there today to check out the facilities and BZO a rifle. Staff was friendly, and the range is bad-ass. Ended up getting a year membership. Not a bad deal, looking forward to next week.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Mother's Day, I may not make it. I have to check and see what time the kiddos are coming to the house.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Carrollton, TX
    BigBoss0311 - glad to have you as a fellow member. Make sure you get a card on Sun. so you have my email address. Then, we can shoot together or I'd be happy to get you involved in future product evaluations for your feedback.

Since it's getting close to the big day, here are a few items for consideration. Fusion is located south of I-20 and FM 740. Take the FM 740 exit south off I-20. The road will veer sharply to the right and then back to the left. After you straighten from those turns, slow down and start looking for the entrance, which will be on your right. It will come up quickly and is not signed well at all from the road.

The range is located adjacent to Cousins Paintball, so don't be surprised if the first thing you see is a Cousins Paintball sign. There will also be a sign about the range open/closed. Often, when there is a scheduled event, the range will be marked as closed. So, for our event, just ignore these signs.

Proceed down the rocky road and the paintball facility will be on your left. Keep to the right and move past the Cousins parking area. You will pass one or two trailers and then turn to the left. Shortly thereafter, you should see the range sign and the portable office.

Parking will be to your left by the large tree. I hope to make it by 7-715AM to help with setup. If you are bringing any type of target that requires setup, then try to arrive early. Ideally, we would like to complete target setup and rules/safety orientation in advance so everyone can start having fun promptly at 8AM.

I don't know if the separate pistol area will be completed and open by the 11th. That and the separation of those wishing to shoot rifle/pistol will determine the schedule. The earlier people arrive, the more time we have to discuss.

What to bring? Eyes/ears, the usual suspects. Targets and more ammo than you think you will use. Water and food. A lawn chair or two would not hurt. Those observing only will need their own eyes and ears.

Forecast is for partly sunny weather. Sunscreen will be helpful if you want to shoot from longer distances since the shade from the big tree will be minimal as it is not yet in full bloom and would not help anyway beyond 30 yards or so from the main berm.

I've never had an issue with bugs during the last year, but it is an outdoor area. Speaking of outdoors, in the event of an unexpected rain late Sat. or early Sun, there may be a weather cancellation. In that event, I'll try to post to the forum. All the roads leading into the range are dirt, so a sufficiently hard rain on Sat. would make the range unusable on Sunday AM.

That's all I can think of for now. Post additional Q's or PM me and both myself and my two .44 mag revolvers are looking forward to meeting everyone in a couple days.

regards,

- jim

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    Thanks for the briefing. Just to quantify, what time should we plan to be there for orientation? I was going to arrive around 7:45, will that work?

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    th_USP40TacticalSuppressed_zpsa4361def.gif

Quick video from the 7 yard line I believe.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Im bringing 3 target stands, 5 cardboard and ten paper targets. If only I could find my stapler. Should have a pop up canopy and a couple chairs too.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    This is happening tomorrow! Looking forward to it still. For that are realizing that yes, it is Mother's Day, bring mom out for a day of fun as well!

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    I hope you guys have a great time and I hope to attend a future gathering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

CitizenSeven

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Dallas
    We're prepping right now and looking forward to it. There will be four of us, including one mom who wants to celebrate her day with some firepower!

Top Bottom