• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CitizenSeven

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Dallas
    Thanks for setting this up, Jim. Me and mine (+3) are really looking forward to this. BTW, are shotguns ok? Fusion lists them on their site, but I don't see an area for them on their map.
    Gun Zone Deals

Captain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2014
    Isn't there a place north of Texas Motor Speedway?

And guys ... even some of the central guys have to drive 50-60 miles.
    Its Texas ... we are spread out.

Yes but FUll METAL JACKET not allowed

sent from the Gulf of Mexico

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Carrollton, TX
    Thanks for setting this up, Jim. Me and mine (+3) are really looking forward to this. BTW, are shotguns ok? Fusion lists them on their site, but I don't see an area for them on their map.

Yes, shotguns are fine and pretty much any ammo other than tracers. I believe the areas on the site indicate more long-term plans. Typically, I see members shooting rifle and shotgun on the same line.

regards,

- jim

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Gonna bring this back up in case anyone hasn't seen it or forgot about it.

oxbld

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Mesquite
    Count me in. I'll bring some milsurps.

I think Gibson's Outpost in Mesquite may be closing and I need to find a new place that allows FMJ rifle rounds. The last time I drove by Gibson's, there was a sign that said "Closed due to family illness" and another that said something to the effect of "For sale or lease" as well.

oxbld

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Mesquite
    I just called Gibson's and it looks like they are open now. I'm just concerned about them being around in the future.

Fusion looks like it could be a great alternative for me though. I'm in Mesquite, so it's only about 11 miles away.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Good to hear about Gibson's I use that place on weekdays and it is great as there is usually no one there and I have the entire range to myself. As for next week, looking forward to seeing ya'll there and putting some rounds downrange.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Carrollton, TX
    Speaking of rifle, I went to the FW gun show today. Picked up a new spotting scope, ten (paper) Zombie targets, and a bag of White Thunder (requires a rifle round to explode). Will also bring Ghost targets and some Smoke 'Em Targets. Will post some final notes later in the week regarding directions/parking/etc.

thx!

- jim

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Not sure how I wound up with them, but I have a couple bags of ghost targets ... 1/2" and 1".
    I'll bring them with me to throw into the pile.

Mhael

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2014
    Hi,

I'm new to the board and tx but not to shooting, I'm currently looking for a range and this may be the ticket. I will be there, don't know exactly what time because I have to drop my wife at the airport that morning so I may not be there exactly at 0800. As far as stuff to bring, it may not be as fancy as some of the stuff you guys have but I'll bring a few fun toys. Looking forward to meeting some people.
    Trevor

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    And I was looking for this thread to post in your intro post.
    Glad you found it.

I didn't realize till last night that Sunday is Mother's Day.
    hmmm ....

The wife is giving me "the look" when I told her it was BIS at 0600 Sunday.
    I think she is now out.

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    I'm thinking of bringing my uncle whose relocating from California to Texas. He has essentially 0 experience with firearms. I take it everyone will treat him kindly, yes?

AngeliaH

Life's Peachy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    I have been shooting the last 2 Mother's Days. So it only seems fitting to do it again. My daughter has opted out. She does not want to get up that early. But we are gonna spend the afternoon and evening together so that is ok. I have 2lbs of tannerite I can bring. Don't have any fancy toys but I will bring what I can. My AR, Kimber, Rock Island, ect. I am sure everyone will be treated kindly. Lol

Top Bottom