ARJ Defense ad

NRA Annual Meeting - Post your impressions, pics, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Still waiting on a review on those new glasses Ben.
    They arrived three days ago on Thursday. I'll take them to an optician for a fitting next week. Then I'll start a thread as soon as I feel like I can fairly evaluate them. I promise.

Trueno

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    Golden Triangle
    T View attachment 20996

there was this really cool hog hunting simulator thingy..........

STXdevilsquid1_zps7248e6df.jpg

pic courtesy of STXdevilsquid

oh my...:p

Last edited:

Prothos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Wife peeking out Deer blind deerblind.jpg
    Photo op with gov Rick Perry. i have another with me chatting with gunny
    gunny.jpg
    rick perry.jpg

Last edited:

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Saturday, cont.

DSC_0022_zps7b342024.jpg

And now we get to the "WTF?" part of the SIG display. These are

this is an intersting concept that was first shown at shot show.

That weird extension is a compensator . . . . But pay the transfer tax on the tube and it becomes the baffle stack. It's simple, inefficient but with the size and enough of them . . .which there are . . . It will work and voila . . . An mp5 SD'ish one stamp little gun.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That weird extension is a compensator . . . . But pay the transfer tax on the tube and it becomes the baffle stack. It's simple, inefficient but ... It will work ...
    Fascinating. I distinctly remember thinking that all that compensator nonsense looked like the inside of a suppressor and dismissed it in my mind as stylistic overkill.

I didn't put together in my head the idea of putting a tube around it. Thanks for the info.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    this is an intersting concept that was first shown at shot show.

That weird extension is a compensator . . . . But pay the transfer tax on the tube and it becomes the baffle stack. It's simple, inefficient but with the size and enough of them . . .which there are . . . It will work and voila . . . An mp5 SD'ish one stamp little gun.

Is there any reason that the exact same concept would not work on an AR????

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    FYI, the UFC guy is Matt Hughes, former UFC welterweight champ. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Wish I could have been there.

I told Scott that I would only take the picture if he called Matt a little bitch but he wouldn't do it.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I think this had more attendees than shot show.

I do not understand why this isn't related by the manufacturers like shot show.

I spent 3 days walking the show, demo'ing suppressors to customers, both old and new trust clients, meeting and talking to people and just having a good time.

All the major suppressor manufacturers where there. Had a great time with GemTech, AAC, silencerco/Swr, yankee hill and surefire.

lots of pistols that were suppressor ready. Freedom munitions was there. Great guys. Let me base at their booth and they have ammo at their store on jones road.

POF USA was on the south end with their rifles. Lots of traffic at their booth. Best piston on the market.

Tnvc had the new WASP clip on. Amazing device.

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    Random observations. Wayne Lapierre is probably a good guy and a sincere supporter of gun rights, as well as a great family man. However, when he speaks, he hurts the NRA and the community of gun owners generally. NRA desperately needs a new spokesman! I heard the same from many others.

Glock. They did not have a G38 on hand (confirmed by the Glock rep), but the guy I talked to confirmed that I wasn't the first to opine that the G38 should have been 45acp instead of 45gap, and not the first to ask for a mid size (G19, 23, 32, 38) Glock in .45acp.

Smith-Wesson. The guy I spoke with knew every detail and spec of every SW pistol. Very helpful.

Springfield Armory. The Custom Shop guy knew everything. Gave me his card and said email me what you want--every spec you'd like to see--and I can get you a quote. One year delivery. The XDm guys knew less than I did.

High Standard (Houston gun mfr) very knowledgable guys. Pretty nice locally made AK47s, as well as a compact 1911 with a 3.75" barrel. Excellent. Now all it needs is a longer grip.

Colt. Friendliest booth I encountered. Lots of info on the new Marine 1911.

Hi-Point. I finally got to handle the .45 carbine. Now I know I'm going to order one at Tomball Pawn.

TSRA. I joined, as they were accepting regular forms of payment. Online they only take PayPal.

Sunday was the least crowded. Next time, that will be the only day I go...assuming we'll still be allowed to say the word 'gun' seven years from now.

Sent using Tapatalk...so please excuse the typos!

Last edited:

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    The les Baer people were great. Talked with one of their employees about how I loved the job they do on their blued models, turns out he is the one who handles the finishing/polishing.

Top Bottom