Hurley's Gold

NRA Board Election - Please vote with me.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    For the current NRA Board of Directors election, there are two nominees on the ballot who got there by petition without the blessing of the Nominating Board. That means 33 of the 35 choices are hand-picked insiders who won't do anything to help the situation with the NRA.

I'm a Golden Eagle and I'm not turning my back on the NRA. However, I will work toward positive change. I voted solely for Adam Kraut, the only one of the two independent nominees who has been vocal about wanting to change the NRA for the better. I strongly suggest all other voting members remember history and bullet vote for Mr. Kraut.

Last edited by a moderator:

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Just to clarify . Are you saying Vote for Adam Kraut and only Adam Kraut. leaving the other 24 choices unchosen.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    When you vote for Adam Kraut and only Adam Kraut, you've voted for him 25 times.

You get 25 votes. When you vote, you will cast 25 votes. You can give one vote to each of 25 different people. If you vote for 5 people, each gets 5 votes. If you vote for 24 different people, you've voted for each of them 1.042 times. See how that works?

If you vote for just one person, that person gets 25 votes. This is called "bullet voting".

Since Mr. Kraut is the only person who is actually campaigning for change and making sense (IMO, of course), I urge people to "bullet vote" for him and him only.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    When you vote for Adam Kraut and only Adam Kraut, you've voted for him 25 times.

You get 25 votes. When you vote, you will cast 25 votes. You can give one vote to each of 25 different people. If you vote for 5 people, each gets 5 votes. If you vote for 24 different people, you've voted for each of them 1.042 times. See how that works?

If you vote for just one person, that person gets 25 votes. This is called "bullet voting".

Since Mr. Kraut is the only person who is actually campaigning for change and making sense (IMO, of course), I urge people to "bullet vote" for him and him only.
    I didn't know this. Thanks.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Makes sense. But, I'd also like to cast a vote for Julie Golob. Adam was going to get my vote anyway, just didn't know about the "bullet vote" thing. So that would give each of those roughly 12 .5+- votes, right?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    How the heck do we cast votes?
    Online or do I need to rummage thru my mail?
    The ballot is inside your magazine, assuming you're eligible to vote. You must be a Life Member or have been a member for 5 years continuously, if I remember correctly. I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone will be along to correct me.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Hmmm...I opted out of receiving their magazines.

Been a member for 10-ish years. I'll give them a call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

APynckel

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Houston, Tx
    Voted for Adam alongside Mr Friedman (because research churned up some pro-him standpoints). I hope we can STOP this NRA and bring it back to defending the 2nd whole-heartedly.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I voted on paper, mailed in. When I was searching for a list of candidates in another thread, I came up just as empty as you did on the NRA's site.

A good question was brought up by pronstar - how do people vote if they have declined to receive magazines?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Online or via paper to be mailed? If the former, I must suck at interwebbing because I haven't found the ballot on NRA's site.

I voted From paper in the magazine, which btw I thought I declined.

Though, for those not receiving the mag, I would hope they will be sending out a voting packet shortly as they have in the past.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom