Guns International

NRA Board Election - Please vote with me.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    This month's issue = February.

"ANY BALLOT NOT RECEIVED BY APRIL 15, 2018 WILL NOT BE OPENED OR COUNTED."
    Texas SOT

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    It says 5 different ballots were printed and numbers were shuffled. I guess it's to keep it random.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I voted last week and cannot honestly say if I voted for Adam or not. But I do try to vote for those that add something. Wish I had seen this post sooner.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I voted last week...
    At least you voted. Thanks for that.

If what I've read is correct, only a lousy 7% of eligible membership bothers to vote.

Brings up an interesting question - How many votes, typically, does a successful candidate receive? I wonder because Mr. Kraut is running a non-traditional, net-based campaign that should draw deep support in some limited quarters, i.e. people like us.

In response to his approach, Marion Hammer has published an editorial calling him an agitator and "the enemy within." Why did she feel the need to go to such an extraordinary length to put the kibosh on his campaign?

Do both of them understand the math a lot better than I do?

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If what I've read is correct, only a lousy 7% of eligible membership bothers to vote.
    I'm guilty of that. It comes down to the fact that I just don't know any of these people and never see any campaigning. Rather not vote than risk voting for the wrong person...

The bad comments from Marion Hammer is probably the best press Mr. Kraut has :laughing:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The bad comments from Marion Hammer is probably the best press Mr. Kraut has :laughing:
    Well, that and the fact that she lied her ass off in that editorial. Well, maybe not. Maybe she's so out of touch that she actually believes her version of what happened in 1997. The truth, however, is a bit different.

As for positive press for Mr. Kraut, he got a notable endorsement yesterday.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    First, are you eligible to vote? You have to be a member for 5 straight years or be a Life Member or higher.

Second, are you sure you're looking in the February issue?

Third, do you live in Hawaii? OK, I know the answer but I include this one for completeness.

Fourth, did you go digital and decline to receive magazines? Yes, I know the answer to that one, too, but for anyone (like pronstar) who declined the magazine, I thought I'd throw this in. Those members get a separate mailing with their ballot enclosed. Those folks should probably give it another week, then call member services.

Fifth, did you only recently become eligible to vote? There's some disconnect in NRA internal systems and if this is the first year you're eligible to vote, it seems that a lack of a ballot is a common occurrence. If that's the case, call member services.

Finally, if none of the above addresses the issue, call member services.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    IF I remember right, separate ballot only mailings go out the first part of Feb. So you should have the ballot by mid month. +-

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    I voted for 9 people.

David Coy
    Tim Knight
    Bill Miller
    Don Saba
    John Sigler
    Joe Friedman
    Herb Lanford
    William Satterfield.

Incumbents who don't "come to work" were the first ones out the door, regardless of anything else they claim or did.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

Brings up an interesting question - How many votes, typically, does a successful candidate receive? I wonder because Mr. Kraut is running a non-traditional, net-based campaign that should draw deep support in some limited quarters, i.e. people like us.

In response to his approach, Marion Hammer has published an editorial calling him an agitator and "the enemy within." Why did she feel the need to go to such an extraordinary length to put the kibosh on his campaign?

Do you have a link to this editorial??? Thanks

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

NVM found it here:
    https://www.ammoland.com/2018/01/nra-2018-board-election-commentary-marion-hammer/#axzz55z19yXMW

Top Bottom