• ...and so much more!
  • Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Is there any corroboration for this yet? Definitely interested to learn more.

The link I posted from TTAG was from a Rob Pincus post, or Adam Kraut post on FB. Don't remember who exactly. I'm headed that way now to see what else is available.
    Venture Surplus ad

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Okay... Most of the leaves are green on my trees. I don't understand your statement.

the trace is anti-gun, so it is unlikely they are going to be unbiased and tell the truth. Maybe they will just make stuff up to get more NRA hate going......Hmm seems to be working.

dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    That is true. I wont give them a cent either way until we have someone at the helm who isn't trying to take home millions of dollars.

GOA needs more members. My money is going over there for now

As a Benefactor Life member of the NRA, I was happy to donate what I could so long as I felt the investment was being wisely used to protect my rights. Those days are over. I am maintaining my membership solely for the purpose of voting in the BOD elections in hopes the organization can make a much needed turnaround. My money now goes to SAF, GOA, and FPC on the national level.

More of my dollars and most of my energy is focused on supporting the state level groups defending our rights. All politics is local and it is in this arena where I think I can get the most bang for my buck. It is in these groups where my voice can be best heard to influence the direction of activities. I am not a faceless membership number. My opinions may not be 100% aligned with their goals and tactics but I see them as fighting the good fight in a more effective manner than national organizations.

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    No one has posted anything about North supposedly trying to get Wayne to resign?? It was on the local news this morning. I did a google search and multiple stories popped up. Gonna be a contentious day today at the convention.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    No one has posted anything about North supposedly trying to get Wayne to resign?? It was on the local news this morning. I did a google search and multiple stories popped up. Gonna be a contentious day today at the convention.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

It’s mentioned the link Byrd put in post 46.

If LaPierre’s alleged letter (included in the link) is a copy of the actual letter, it’s quite childish in nature; basically a power struggle between LaPierre and North.

Honestly, I’m thinking “Really?” If this is the executive leadership of the NRA at work, no wonder the organization is in the shape it’s in.

Petty stupidity in spades; exactly zero strategic vision.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    I saw a report on youtube about the NRA being under scrutiny by a NY DA over their status as a non-profit org and how things have been handled over the past 10 years or so - questions about how the money was handled, etc. and the board of directors not being given the information about this when it was discovered within the NRA.

Anybody see this? Have any input?

I sure hope this all about nothing and not something that will damage the NRA.

While I am a Life Member, I have not swallowed the koolaid so to speak and do not agree with many things that the NRA has done in recent years - the latest being the "red flag" stuff. But I would rather the NRA be strong and get itself back in order than come crashing down to ruination. We need the clout that it represents. IMHO

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You do know Oliver North is now gone from the NRA. The NRA Wayne LaPierre is just as bad as the greediest politician in the swamp. Some say they won't last until the end of the year.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    LaPierre has been a PR nightmare for the NRA the last few years. Tone-deaf in his statements, devoid of charisma and far too eager to be on camera, he's become the perfect villain for the left to use to paint us all as callous fans of murder. I don't know if Col North did a good job as president or not, but I do know he's right about LaPierre needing to be out of a job.

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    I read a couple stories last night. Supposedly North had some type of evidence of malfeasance by Wayne and sexual harassment by one of the executives. Now that North is gone, I am waiting for that evidence to drop. Of course North being an employee of the Marketing group that the NRA is suing does not help. Yesterday must have been a real damper for all the folks that took time off to head to Indy. One thing we do know, the left will love this.

Top Bottom