• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I used to put all my extra NRA stickers on the right side of the back rear bumper of the libs' vehicles at work. It took them a couple of weeks to see it and they'd go ballistic! Great fun, advertising for the NRA, and they never lost any of the guns they didn't have!!
    Capitol Armory ad

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I've got an NRA sticker right now that I've thought about putting on my car but the guy's comment about it being an advertisement and possibly inviting a break-in (even though I don't carry a gun in my car) made me stop and think. On the 'off chance' of triggering some druggie to break my window or some nut case to key my car, I'm now thinking why do anything that tends to make your vehicle a target. Naturally, if I caught them in the act, there'd be hell to pay. But more often than not, these kinds of criminal acts happen with nobody around to catch them.
    I'd still like to post the NRA sticker on something that would be seen by folks and maybe even invite a conversation to start (especially among gun owners). But it would have to be something that I keep in my presence since vandalism is a lot less likely to happen directly in front of me.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I used to put all my extra NRA stickers on the right side of the back rear bumper of the libs' vehicles at work. It took them a couple of weeks to see it and they'd go ballistic! Great fun, advertising for the NRA, and they never lost any of the guns they didn't have!!

That's funny right there.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I've got an NRA sticker right now that I've thought about putting on my car but the guy's comment about it being an advertisement and possibly inviting a break-in (even though I don't carry a gun in my car) made me stop and think. On the 'off chance' of triggering some druggie to break my window or some nut case to key my car, I'm now thinking why do anything that tends to make your vehicle a target. Naturally, if I caught them in the act, there'd be hell to pay. But more often than not, these kinds of criminal acts happen with nobody around to catch them.

Nothing personal - but for ANYone worried about someone else's reaction to a bumper sticker you put on your vehicle....

GROW A SET, FOLKS!!! DAMN!!!!!!!!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011

On an aside, the final week of 2008 election I plastered McCain/Palin stickers on a raging lib. friends week old Highlander. He went on a terror through the office asking who did it. I wasn't there and no one knew I'd done it. I ended up on everyones list. Got to agree, good fun.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    No stickers of any kind on my vehicles. I even trim my registration and inspection stickers to make them smaller... I just like the clean look.

Funny, I trim my registration & inspection stickers too - less gunk on the windshield and makes them much easier to remove. Historically, I have never put any bumper sitckers on my cars - think I'll keep it that way regarding the NRA sticker too.

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    Its not a matter of "having a set." It's a matter of being smart IMO. If you've had stickers on your vehicle and have never been messed with, awesome! Seriously. I just choose to not bring any unwanted attention to my vehicle whether my gun or anything of value is in it. Personally, I can't afford to replace a $200 window in the event some jackass wants to find out what's inside. To each their own.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sorry - but I disagree. You're allowing what someone might do to dictate your choices and life. I ain't doin' that, especially with no history to support it.

"I read it on the internet, so it might happen....."

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Funny....Maybe a sticker will encourage an idiot to break in....then again, a dime on the floorboard would too. Now, many folks also leave their insurance cards in their glove boxes...But, I'm sure a lot of folks will immediately say no. BUT, by leaving it in the car for the thief to see, MAYBE that will encourage him to go by your house. Maybe the Z rated performance tires on my car will encourage them, or the tint(as if I was trying to hide something).....Maybe I should drive a Ford Pinto so nobody would think I have a car worth stealing.

What about the Mason badges? Military decals on the windshield(maybe they have a tank in their trunk, that would be cool).....

I don't think it's really worth debating. I've handled reports for an 80's honda burglarized for the FACTORY radio, lol. Most reports I've taken we're the result of an opportunity such as the people leaving valuables in site and/or GPS suction cup marks on the windshield.

Put your sticker on if you want. Hell, look at what people post on here! I think the internet is more harmful than a bumper sticker. I have insurance on everything. But, I'm more worried about people breaking into my home than my vehicles. I still post on the net, if it happens it happens. I have a welcoming party should they be stupid enough to do so while I'm here, as well as my wife does.

It's a sticker folks, not the national debt.

Huntindoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Temple
    Well my N of 1 is that sticker=break in. No sticker=no break in so far.

I also remember reading an incident where a guy cut someone off in traffic and the other person called the police that the first guy pointed a gun at him. Police pulled the first guy over, searched his vehicle and found he had a handgun. He was arrested and later let go. Apparently the guy who got cut off saw an NRA sticker and figured that person had a gun so made the complaint. Fortunately, the first guy was innocent and the second guy was found out when he described the gun so completely wrong that it was obvious he was lying.

I have also been fly fishing with guides who recommended not having any Trout Unlimited stickers on the vehicle and hiding all fishing tubes etc left in the vehicle because of break ins that focus on those vehicles in the area we were fishing.

You guys do what you want. I am one who thinks concealed means concealed in every way possible.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Isn't that why forums exist? Other peoples opinions?

Without a doubt. But my "worth debating" refers to the fact that it will end up and endless debate. The original post asked about putting on a sticker. People post their opinions, then turns into he said, she said. Then, a knock down drag out. Endless thread with no true winner in sight. Like arguing over engine oil types. By all means, have at it. I've stated my view, lol.

Top Bottom