• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • specter77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Bryan, TX
    I have had NRA stickers on many vehicles in many states, most in the south. No break-ins however I might be the exception. From a security standpoint, it could be argued that any sticker that could indicate something of wealth could be in a vehicle would not be a good idea. As for me, I ran out of NRA stickers so I have a "GOT SIG?" on my F150 along with my United States Marine Corps in the back window.

Semper Fi

Mike

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    i usually draw and design my own stickers. maybe a got vbied sticker with dummy wires going to my claymore hitch cover will be a deterrent. but then again i might get pulled over lol.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Being a former resident in a very crime ridden city in Illinois I never advertised guns. Definate no no in the ghetto. Where I live now, everyone armed it probably adds more security. I love rural Texas and the people.

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    This has been a fairly thought-provoking thread. After reading several points of view, I'm sold, and I'm going to remove the NRA sticker from my back window. It's been there for five years or so, and I've not been broken into...but I might be tomorrow, as that sticker could suggest to a thief that there is a gun inside. If I could afford a bomb and sufficient liability insurance, I'd put a Legalize Marijuana sticker on my car and eventually blow up a druggie.

I'm surprised that I know personally two women who have had their cars broken into and their purses stolen! The Democrats may be right--we're not smart enough to take care of ourselves! In one case they stole the car also, then drove to her house using the "Go Home" selection on the car's GPS navigator, opened the garage with the garage door opener, and robbed the house. They left with her Volvo station wagon filled with her family's belongings. Any conclusions here? One, don't leave a purse in your car (duh!). Two, don't program home on your GPS. I drove to a police station and set that location as Home on my GPS. I then picked some name to use for my actual home and saved it as a favorite. Three, don't have anything on your car that indicates that you might own something other than the car.

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    Sorry - but I disagree. You're allowing what someone might do to dictate your choices and life. I ain't doin' that, especially with no history to support it.

"I read it on the internet, so it might happen....."

Do you carry a gun? Then you just allowed what somone might do to dictate your actions...
    Do you maintain good following distance behind the car in front of you? Then you just allowed what somone might do to dictatate your actions...

Your own brash and instigative opinions aside, it makes NO LOGICAL SENSE to mark your vehicle with anything, including NRA stickers and stickers displaying your favorite brand of radio.
    Of course it is your right to do whatever you want with your vehicle, and I respect that, but why flame those who disagree? I support the NRA by sending them money, I dont need a sticker to prove it.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I don't care if you have a sticker or not - but to choose not to have one out of an irrational fear of what someone else might do - THAT is the part I don't understand.

I carry a gun because I *want* to, and it's my perogative to do so - not because of what someone else *might* do. It simply gives me another option.

Your own paranoia and rude comments aside, it makes NO LOGICAL SENSE to be afraid of what someone might do based on a sticker you might have on your vehicle. I don't flame the decision not to put stickers on a vehicle because you don't care for 'em - but I WILL disagree with someone verbalizing an irrational fear.

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    I don't care if you have a sticker or not - but to choose not to have one out of an irrational fear of what someone else might do - THAT is the part I don't understand.

I carry a gun because I *want* to, and it's my perogative to do so - not because of what someone else *might* do. It simply gives me another option.

Your own paranoia and rude comments aside, it makes NO LOGICAL SENSE to be afraid of what someone might do based on a sticker you might have on your vehicle. I don't flame the decision not to put stickers on a vehicle because you don't care for 'em - but I WILL disagree with someone verbalizing an irrational fear.

Yeah? Well my daddy can beat up your daddy!! :p

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Folks, put what you want on your vehicles.
    "Put an NRA sticker!" "Don't put an NRA sticker!" "Put a 100 Club sticker in Houston!" etc. etc.

This thread reminded me of this scene from The Mummy (1999):

Top Bottom