• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    How long has murder been banned? Did it stop?
    Drugs, War on drugs!

64,070 died from drug over dose 2016: https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates

After 40 years, $1 trillion, US War on Drugs has failed to meet any of its goals

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/05/13/ap-impact-years-trillion-war-drugs-failed-meet-goals.html

Gun deaths consisted of 11,208 homicides, 21,175 suicides, 505 deaths due to accidental or negligent discharge of a firearm, and 281 deaths due to firearms use with "undetermined intent". Of the 2,596,993 total deaths in the US in 2013, 1.3% were related to firearms.
    Hurley's Gold

Reactions: MTA

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Calling me "scared" doesn't impress me in the least! All internet warriors are the baddest of the bad, at least in THEIR minds. When they actually come to confiscate our guns they will shit their pants! I will not defend a product as stupid and useless as a bump stock.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Calling me "scared" doesn't impress me in the least! All internet warriors are the baddest of the bad, at least in THEIR minds. When they actually come to confiscate our guns they will shit their pants! I will not defend a product as stupid and useless as a bump stock.
    No one is going to force you, we're just trying to let you know what capitulation can lead to.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    It’s not the tools; it was the mental defective! You’re advocating the same point of view as the ‘antis’!
    And no, I don’t own a bump stock and most likely, never will... they don’t interest me. IF I wanted to fire off a few bursts just for shits & grins, I’d simply use the ole belt loop techniques. But even that doesn’t interest me as I consider it a waste of ammo ($$$).

Last edited:

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    You ever hear the expression "pick your fights?". This product is not one that I want to risk my gun rights over! If we had the entire repubs on our side, I might, but we don't! They ARE the swamp, along with 99% of the demoncraps! We can expect NO help from the traitorous bastards. Including the famous war hero, John "songbird" McCain! Almost especially from that rat bastard.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch

I am on a very large forum and this subject came up several years ago when Obama was running loose. The bravado was near deafening in the posts as they started spewing how bad they were when the govt came.

I posted "From my cold dead hands" and then went on to say I doubt there are 25 folks on this forum that actually mean it.

I was an orphan and adopted and they and my family are all gone, I never had kids, single most of my life. Grew up with a father that was home schooled, since the nearest school was a full days ride on a horse. He learned to read the family Bible, Copy of the US Constitution and Declaration of Ind. He lived and breathed it and put my first gun in my hands on my 5th birthday.

I am well into my 70's and have nothing to lose, 'cause you can't take it with you... That is how strong I feel about the 2nd Amend RKBA.

But most of all, at the worst I will only take down 1, but I suspect I will do much better than that.

NO grandkids to fawn over and have bumper stickers about, know lots of folks but am mostly a loner and have been all my life...

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    It's not supporting bump stocks...it's supporting the other guy's Right to have something useless and stupid if he wants it.........

A friend gave me the same argument today.....and I said your ECHO II trigger will be next...."but that's different" he said....

No Sir, it isn't.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Guys, I don't want to argue with anyone on here as we are all obviously gun enthusiasts and love the Second amendment. I don't know for sure what's coming and neither do any of you, but something IS coming and I don't want to lose my guns over this stupid crap. If and when they DO come, it won't be your local Barney Fife! They will be swat or military and will be in full body armor and they won't be carrying bump stocks, and you will damn sure comply! Or risk losing your own and your families lives! I don't believe there will be much resistance simply because WE are not organized in any meaningful
    manner. I strongly believe we are in the first stages of the next civil war, and nothing I've read or seen lately disabuses me of that thought. I'll be 72 on Monday. I've seen the elephant, and lots of other things in that 72 years, and I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Yeah the klinton gun ban was a wonderful success if you don't count the Columbine massacre or North Hollywood bank robbery which both happened during that time span.

The NFA was a really unsurmountable deterent too. Seeing as Klebold & Harris made 2 unregistered Short Barreled Shotguns & over 90 unregistered Destructive Devices in their bedrooms. The Hollywood bank robbers converted their rifles to real machineguns, got picked up by state troopers and then released before holding up the bank.

What good are more gun laws banning more stuff when the ones on the books are already not being enforced?

This right here.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It's not supporting bump stocks...it's supporting the other guy's Right to have something useless and stupid if he wants it.........

A friend gave me the same argument today.....and I said your ECHO II trigger will be next...."but that's different" he said....

No Sir, it isn't.
    The language of the Feinstein bill...
    It shall be unlawful for any person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer or possess, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, a trigger crank, a bump-fire device or any part, combination of parts, component, device, attachment or accessory that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machine gun,...

...would definitely outlaw "binary" triggers. It would also outlaw any aftermarket trigger with a shorter pull. It would also outlaw any lighter internal parts that help an AR cycle quicker.

Any lawyer who wants to read this literally could make the case that a huge percentage of aftermarket AR parts would be outlawed.

This is what you get when people who don't know guns write laws about guns.

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    Exactly what I have been saying. This is not "just" a bump stock ban.

And since I'm one of those idiot gun owners that owns one of those stupid binary triggers, this bill effects me directly.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Lockhart, my inclination is to think it’s not nearly as dark of times as you apparently do. For me personally, I think the days immediately following Kent State are just about as close to seeing this country come unraveled as any time since the Civil War. The future of this country was much more dubious during the entire Vietnam War era than anything we’re experiencing now (or have experienced in recent years).

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    The language of the Feinstein bill...

...would definitely outlaw "binary" triggers. It would also outlaw any aftermarket trigger with a shorter pull. It would also outlaw any lighter internal parts that help an AR cycle quicker.

Any lawyer who wants to read this literally could make the case that a huge percentage of aftermarket AR parts would be outlawed.

This is what you get when people who don't know guns write laws about guns.

Yup. That wording would ban things like adjustable gas blocks, light weight buffers, stronger buffer springs, match triggers, carbine length & shorter barrels, even legally owned suppressors.

It's a POS bill.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I wonder if the binary triggers have sold out like the bump stocks.

I always thought that if I ever owned an AR, I'd want one of those triggers. Maybe I won't get the chance.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I wonder if the binary triggers have sold out like the bump stocks.

I always thought that if I ever owned an AR, I'd want one of those triggers. Maybe I won't get the chance.
    8+weeks to ship the Franklin. All the Fostechs are sold out as far as I have seen. They aren't as well know as the bump stocks yet, but once the word is out longer I'm sure they will be sold out completely. Here is a Fostech that sold for $1,325 last night on GB.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171005-234053.png
      Screenshot_20171005-234053.png
      84.1 KB · Views: 145
    Top Bottom