• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Sure, just as soon as you turn where you live to majority red instead of blue.

I don't have the money for that much paint.

And I'll have you know, I've converted around 20 people to becoming gun owners, including die hard liberals.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    So what are they thinking of changing the name of Austin to?
    Interesting question, not sure they can do that just on City Council vote or not. I could be wrong, but even in this blue city I think they might have a hard time getting a majority city-wide vote on that, but admit I could be wrong.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    The liberal idiots that call themselves the county commissioners there managed to run ALL gun shows out of Austin years ago, so look for them or more likely the city council, to make a city-county ordinance banning those EVIL bump stocks!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The highlight of today's SAXET gun show in San Antonio was some guy giving the NRA recruiter out front a rash of shit about their actions concerning bump stocks! The NRA rep claimed ignorance, which was bullshit, and he lucked out that people were more concerned about getting inside.

Speaking of which, it was a very unremarkable show. Despite two lines to get in, the crowd was smaller than usual and there was an obvious decrease in vendors as well as a notable increase in non-firearms-related tables. I didn't notice any bump stocks for sale but I wasn't looking for them either. They are a novelty for wasting ammo and nothing more; however, I believe in a law-abiding citizen's right to own one if they want.

I think Feinstein's proposed bill will not gain any traction, in a few days there will be another newsworthy event (I guess no one cares about the four USSF soldiers who died in Niger! :() that will grab the headlines, just as this did kneeling NFL players and that did a coupe of hurricanes before them.

Lee in Texas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Boyd, Texas
    This is a truly knee jerk reaction that is totally senseless !!
    Deeply disappointed in the NRA.
    Just one more reason to NOT be a member.
    I honestly don't see enough reasons to support this organization, especially now
    JMO

TXSlade

Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 22, 2013
    East TX
    I would never buy some POS bump stock, but I will fight for anyone's right to own it.

As far as the NRA, they turned their back on us class 3 machine gun owners in 1987, this is no surprise to me.

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    My biggest fear is that when they come to take my guns, I'll be a dead son of a bitch and my family will be without me. Some will say I was an idiot who died just to keep my guns. FEW... will understand that I died trying to preserve freedom for my son.

So there are two minds in the fight.

One mind says: Give up the guns and wait for an organized opportunity to respond, or rebel.

The other says: Shoot those fuckers on your door step.

The problem with "mind one", is that if everyone follows that, the only guns we will have, are the ones SOME of us buried, or hid. So what are we going to do then? I guess beg on our knees.

Not me. The only time I fall on my knees, is to pray.

If some fuckers come without a warrant, to my house, and demand my guns, I'll take my chances with full knowledge that I will see a judge, or THEE judge, if you know what I mean.

But I've actually died and came back before, so it's easier for me to be all in on that, due to the experience that death is a walk in the park. Coming back is what is traumatic and painful.

I'd rather die FOR something anyway, and not for no reason.

We (gun owners) outnumber them (police and military) by quite a bit. Even if we trade one body for one body, we will win. I would like to think that they are smart enough to realize this, but then again, I remember that we're talking about people who work for the government, so that probably is not a given. :(

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    This is a knee-jerk reaction. It’s no different than wanting to ban high capacity magazines.

No law or equipment ban will prevent a soulless, heartless person from going into a school and killing innocent children or a mass killing of concert goers. They’ll just find a different way of fulfilling their task.

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    I understand that, what I'm saying is I don't want to lose my GUNS over some damn stupid piece of plastic CRAP just because of some damn idiots that want one to impress their equally stupid friends just to say "look what I can do!". There's alot more on the line here! Fifty something people LOST their LIVES because of one of these useless pieces of crap!

You're started sliding down that slippery slope...

People didn't lose their lives because of these stocks. People lost their lives because they were tightly packed into an area small enough that "spray and pray" became an effective targeting mechanism and some person (or persons unknown) took advantage of this for some agenda that has yet to be determined.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    This is a truly knee jerk reaction that is totally senseless !!
    Deeply disappointed in the NRA.
    Just one more reason to NOT be a member.
    I honestly don't see enough reasons to support this organization, especially now
    JMO

Just the wrong reason not to join. I would venture to say that without the NRA you would not be able to own a gun today. You may not like some of the things they do but they are the best voice against the anti-gun crowd and Congress does pay attention to them.

9uc

Bible/Gun carrying Christian Conservative
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    In my heart I know that banning "bump stock" mechanisms would not have stopped the Vegas killer from sitting in a window and shooting down on a the crowd, he would have changed his plans to have move guns lined up and ready to go go and instead of dropping the mag, he would have just dropped the rifle and continued to fire like was done with muskets when used in fortified positions. That being said, as I have fired full auto M2 carbines, M16s and the M60, I do not see the rational in any 2nd Amendment gun loving individual having or using anything that makes a semi auto preform as a full auto. I see no purpose in target practice, day to day self defense use or hunting. I don't always or agree with everything that the NRA does, but as an organization that gives voice to our 2A rights, they too have to utilize compromises on certain issues.

Top Bottom