Patriot Mobile

O.K., I'm calling it: the .22RF drought is over.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M2 Carbine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2014
    I was in the local Wal Mart yesterday. STILL no 22LR and they don't know when they will get any. They said it randomly shows up and doesn't make it to the show case.

I may not do too many smart things but stocking up on a bunch of Wal Mart 550 bulk packs and reloading components when obama first appeared on the scene was one. :)

Dave68

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2014
    NW Houston
    Most Academy stores here in Houston always have Aguila 50 rd boxes for $4.50. Depending on the store, they limit you to two or four boxes. Occasionally they have Armscor which I have not tried.
    I thought I hit the jackpot when I ran across a bucket of Remington golden bullets. Wish I had not bought it. Spent as much time clearing my weapon as I did firing it. I've been away from shooting for about 25 years. The golden bullets used to be one of the better rounds. The new ones are total crap. Many blew out the sidewall of the brass.

CCI is still tops. I don't remember the Aguila brand in the late 80s, but they are a close second to CCI.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    The fellow who recommended the Armscor to me said he put them on par with CCI, particularly MiniMags. I'll have to cast a dissenting vote on that one...dirtier, more FTFs, including two rounds I hit four times in two different pistols with no results. Glad I only got a couple of boxes.

Managed to pick up some MiniMag "Select" rounds at Academy...oops! 15 cents each! I don't know when I'll feel the need to shoot 'select' ammo at a 50 per cent+ premium! Again, only one box...somewhat offset by the Blazer rounds at five cents each.

I'd be tickled to find MiniMags in the 1600 rnd ammo box again...I don't ask for much! ;)

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The fellow who recommended the Armscor to me said he put them on par with CCI, particularly MiniMags. I'll have to cast a dissenting vote on that one...dirtier, more FTFs, including two rounds I hit four times in two different pistols with no results. Glad I only got a couple of boxes.

Managed to pick up some MiniMag "Select" rounds at Academy...oops! 15 cents each! I don't know when I'll feel the need to shoot 'select' ammo at a 50 per cent+ premium! Again, only one box...somewhat offset by the Blazer rounds at five cents each.

I'd be tickled to find MiniMags in the 1600 rnd ammo box again...I don't ask for much! ;)
    Is that CCI Green Tag?

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    O.K., I'm calling it: the .22RF drought is over
    Really? :roflfunny: While in Oklahoma City today I hit the Academy there and found this sign below still part of their everyday policy. Not to mention he had not seen 22 ammo for a month...

image_zps40fd48ab.jpg

Then once back in Texas I hit the Denton Academy on my way home and all they had was a few 50rd bxs of the C r a p p y stuff with 2 bx limit. LOL

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    My closest Academy has been a bit thin on new stuff lately. Still have various flavors of Aguila and whatnot.

Carter's Country on I-10 had 30+ boxes of Federal AutoMatch for ~$29 (too much) as well as 10+ bricks of CCI Standard Velocity for $45 each (again, too much).

I'm holding steady on ammo purchases... when I see what I'm looking for at a decent price I buy, pass on the rest. (Exceptions for special stuff like the new Eley Force and Contact, of course.)

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I've been shooting 22 pretty steadily...glad I stocked up with some of the Cabela's and Midwest deals over the holidays. Haven't really looked at retail since Christmas. I'll let the folks who need it...have it.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Cabelas has Winchester in stock now. 1bx limit is better than none I guess... 36.99

s7_218651_255_01?labelKey=label&&id=mPLRR0&wid=380&hei=277&fmt=jpg.jpg

And how good is this super X now that I've already bought it? :-)

Honestly, it's the least interesting of the bulk stuff I've purchased since Thanksgiving. Much better results from the Federal Auto Match 325 boxes(40gr solid 1200fps) vs the Super X wood box(38gr HP 1280fps) in my auto-loaders. I can get through the SuperX; but since selling my 522SWAT, it takes longer ;) .I'm down to 3 of the 50 rnd boxes from the wood box and one 333 Winchester bulk box. The rest is Federal and CCI...

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Found 4 boxes of Winchester 36 grain copper plated hollow points (333 count) for $15.95/box at Wallyworld on 1431 at Parmer in Cedar Park last month. It was almost noon. Bought three.

So they are getting them in, but the clerk said maybe once a month.

Top Bottom