Texas SOT

O.K., I'm calling it: the .22RF drought is over.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    When the Wally World in Hickory Creek has mass quantities of .22RF at the very un-neckbeard price of $.049/round, you KNOW the shortage is over. This Walmart hasn't had .22RF in stock when I sauntered my old ass in in over a year. Still a 3 box limit but they're 222 rounds per box so at 2/3 of a 1000 (I refuse to post the number of the Beast), I'll have enough ammo for a couple of weeks anyway.
    DK Firearms

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'll check the local on my way home, but haven't seen any there in over a year. I hope your right, but not expecting to see any.

More than likely, you may have just timed it right.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Da hell is RF?

.22 LR is but one of many cartridges in the .22 Rim Fire family.

Many get lazy with cartridge designation, I don't. Here are some of the cartridges in the .22 Rim Fire family, of which .22 Long Rifle is but one:

.22 BB Cap, .22 CB Cap, .22 Short. .22 Long. .22 Long Rifle, .22 CB Long, .22 Winchester Rim Fire, .22 Winchester Magnum Rim Fire, .22 Auto

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    My local Academy has had several brands/types of 22LR on the shelf constantly for close to a month, maybe more, plus regular deliveries of CCI MiniMags or Standard Velocity which is usually around for three or four days. They've had a bunch of CCI .22WMR and a little .17HMR sitting on the shelf for over a week.

Carter's Country on I-10 has had three or four varieties for quite a while although I stopped going in there on a regular basis since the Academy (and online sales) have kept me stocked up.

I wouldn't say it's over for everyone but it's over for some of us and getting better for others.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I see .22LR for sale, but it's still way overpriced (500 rounds for over fifty bucks). Still, at least I'm seeing ammo! I'll wait until the neckbeards clear out and the price becomes reasonable again...

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Yay! 22 for everybody!
    Not quite to the point where I don't wince every mag dump but getting close. :)

Last edited:

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Have not seen .22 LR of any sort at either Academy or Wally for the past seven days.

Found one piddly box of 50 American Eagle 40 grain solids at Bass Pro Shops Saturday week before last.

October has proven to be quite niggardly (not generous; stingy) in regards to rim fire ammo so far.

My go-to sources for on-line purchases have dried up too.

Remington says they should have their new .22 LR production line up and running in 2015 -- but did not say when.

Can't say I'm happy about that, because Remmy's are the last I'll buy when other choices are on the shelf.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Had a bit of time and stopped in at the Academy in Waco late last week, some .22 of different variations were available. Behind the counter, by the way. And most of the other calibers were available as well. Didn't really look at prices except to note that most of the 9mm and .45ACP was at a fairly reasonable cost. And all but the .22 seemed to be decently stocked.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Seemed to be loosening up then dried right back up....at this rate it'll be another year or two before things are back to normal (i.e. bulk packs with no limits for $0.04/rd)

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    At my Wally World? Nothing but .22 Long Rifle recently but in the past .22 CB Long, .22 Long Rifle and .22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire.

So then why not just say that? It would seem that say the "22RF" drought being over in your post is not true if you are still unable to get the other offerings in rim fire as well. :p

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom