DK Firearms

O.K., I'm calling it: the .22RF drought is over.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    When shortround tells me the drought is over (and doesn't change his mind three days later), I'll believe it. That old fart drives circles around this town looking for ammo.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Yep, shipping can be a deal breaker. Did ya buy 'em anyway?

No, I've been able to find them somewhat consistently locally for $0.075/rd at academy.....Plus I have quite a few boxes of mini mags and I try not to shoot them as much because they are a little more pricey and are better for varmint and such. Currently I'm trying to find the bulk packs....have had spotty luck with it but it has been just consistent enough that I now have a pretty healthy supply of 22 (have been buying/stockin up on 22 for less than a year as I didn't even own a 22 until last January!)

For a few month or two after the 4th of July, it seemed like a shortage was over as Academy locally always had something to pick up and I was even getting a few bulk packs....it has since dried back up and it's back to only having the really expensive stuff with the occasional good find (finally found a CCI AR tactical 300rd pack yesterday...first I've seen in I can't even say how long)

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I can't say that .22lr is common or cheap in our area but the supplies are better.

I suspect that .22lr prices and supplies will be like gasoline after our historic national fuel shortages. Once the prices climbed to a tasty level for suppliers, we had all we could buy!

Flash

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    When shortround tells me the drought is over (and doesn't change his mind three days later), I'll believe it. That old fart drives circles around this town looking for ammo.

Happy to tell you I only found two boxes of CCI Quiet at one Academy today, then on a slow drive up to Austin, I stopped off at the Academy in San Marcos at 8:45 this morning.

They had multiple Buckets of Remington Golden Bullets, limit one. $70.35/1400 rounds. I might be ignorant, but not stupid.

On my way home, I stopped at Cabela's in Buda, and snagged one solitary box of CCI Mini-Mag HP's. They had no bulk .22 LR at all, nor did they have any pistol powders.

When the son and his family get back from anti 2A Hawaii, he'll have lots of catching up to do, and I'll be happy to supply him with all the .22 LR ammo he and his family want to shoot.

Be well!

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    They had multiple Buckets of Remington Golden Bullets, limit one. $70.35/1400 rounds. I might be ignorant, but not stupid.

On my way home, I stopped at Cabela's in Buda, and snagged one solitary box of CCI Mini-Mag HP's. They had no bulk .22 LR at all, nor did they have any pistol powders.

Is that a bad price for the Remington!?

Stopped by Cabelas yesterday afternoon and they had a bunch of CCI standard velocity....that was more expensive than their price for mini mags! I can't even remember the last time I saw pistol powder there!

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown

Stopped by Cabelas yesterday afternoon and they had a bunch of CCI standard velocity....that was more expensive than their price for mini mags! I can't even remember the last time I saw pistol powder there!

I don't think that's a bad price for the Remington ammo at just about a nickel per round. I think maybe the brand is more in question than the price.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

At about .05/rd, with no shipping, I'd have to bite as my Buck Mark eats the Remington GB's with no problem.

That said, I have a 11 month old back order of 1400/rds for .04/rd, plus shipping, that is still MIA.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Went by Academy today. They had the Remington Thunderbolts and couple/three types of Aquila. Didn't buy anything tho.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    It is Sunday today, and I stopped in at the San Marcos Academy at about 10:45 a.m. They had a fair amount of CCI "Green Tag."

It was very pricey for 100 rounds at $17.39 (including tax). The young fellow at the counter told me I could buy "just one."

So I did. That's just another 100 rounds into the larder.

Over time, small lots turn into large quantities. Kind of like "dollar cost averaging the stock market."

Despite the high price, I have accumulated a fair amount of .22 LR ammo this month for the average price of $.076 per round.

Higher than I wanted, but low enough to add to the range bag, and it will be a pleasure to drill some holes in the targets at the range next week.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    When I can get a 525 bulk of federal champion 745 load for 25.00 or less, it's close to over.
    Ammo seek had 3 hits for those today. All around 50 bucks.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    When I can get a 525 bulk of federal champion 745 load for 25.00 or less, it's close to over.

Bought some at Bass Pro for $23 last month. I haven't been out lately so don't know how their stock is right now. Kind of cash poor at the moment.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Haven't seen any Federal bulk packs in forever... Academy has plenty of 50rd boxes, but no bulk packs. Not even worth buying the 50rd boxes. Can shoot that in about 45sec, and that's slow :laughing:

Top Bottom