• ...and so much more!
  • itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    People have been carrying in Arizona and Alaska for years without permits. People aren't shooting people in the streets and there is no requires training. Chl are unconstitutional to begin with and should be done away with.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Itchin, it won't. But at least if you are law abiding and choose to carry, you will know when and when you can not use deadly force. Perhaps, you should have to go through a background check and become permitted to carry openly? It could be like a young person that has to go through hunter education before getting a hunting license. At least there is proof that the person carrying has been instructed on when and when you can not use deadly force. It won't stop criminals from carrying. Same thing as the CHL, only law abiding citizens worry about becoming legal. But like with a CHL, if you get pulled over or stopped by the police, you have to show your permit. If you do not have a permit to carry, then you face penalties.

No.
    registration is unconstitutional.
    Call it what you want, it's registration not licensing.

EZS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2015
    Trying to join the OCTC Facebook Page now so I can troll the ever living crap out of them... I invite everyone to do the same.

Classic in-fighting, waste of time.

If kory was too agressive it will be analyzed by the alternative media sooner or later and we'll see, right now HB195 is more important.

That's all im going to say about that in this misleading thread.

Last edited:

EZS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2015
    The basic fact everyone is missing is that idiots like Kory are what the general public sees, and they are the ones being convinced by this idiot that gun owners are like him! Wanna be lumped into the category of irresponsible, disrespectful, uneducated, sloppy and probably a few more adjectives? You will be as long as morons like him are the face of gun owners as seen by the general public. So, long as all gun owners are perceived to be like Kory, the legislature will be swayed and not in the way we want. When a TV station chooses to use Kory's you tube video in there report, you think that is a positive?

What about when the MSM used Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan clips to claim all gun-owners and constitutionalists are raving crazies? Works well if you're a techie trendy nerdy slave, those don't count anyway, they're already dead men walking. It didn't really work on the majority of the breathing public, all polls show the pro-gun is winning.

Those tricks aren't working anymore, MSM is practically dead.

Ratings Rant:

Last edited:

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I think one good thing we can do is contact our reps and state clearly that Korey does not represent us as a whole nearly as much as Justin does. Of course apologize for his actions as well. Doesn't matter if this is DOA or not, we need to speak our minds and in numbers. Of course we need to take the high road and do it in as calm a way as possible. Kill them with kindness not vitriol.

Perhaps a year ago I would have been right there with Korey in almost viciously demanding these public servants restore our rights or else. Since then though I guess I've grown to realize we have one of two prospects: A long hard road of working within (not necessarily with) the system, or eventual civil war if this whole thing collapses before we can affect change to REVERSE course instead of simply slow it.

Working within the system unfortunately means that we have to take the cards we are dealt with politicians until people wake up enough in primaries to not go for the "guy that can win" and vote as hardline to their beliefs as possible (I really truly believe that there are enough people out there that we can get someone elected that is very hardline if we can dispel this mentality). Once again these are generally professional politicians we are dealing with, not always average Joes, and we have to put on the same calm, collected nice guy face that they put on for their constituents if we expect them to even think about listening to us.

Of course even if our efforts are in vain and we do see the worst case scenario play out, the cards will be MUCH more in our favor if we don't spend the last years of the battle looking like a bunch of asshat "neckbeard rednecks". We have to start the PR game for that possibility now if we expect to have not only the armed forces on our side but much of the average public that are currently fence sitters.

I don't like it, but I have to begrudgingly admit that now is not time for the threatening talk, not while the hardline movement is weaker than it could be. We have to make it where the ONLY card the media has against us is showing a bunch of white guys carrying guns (even though there are other ethnicities doing the same just 5 feet away). Have to face it that they will always at least use that one but its much less effective if that is there solitary ammunition.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    I think BC said it best earlier. Watkins decided his ego was way more important than passing reasonable law.

Posting the video on the web has now given the media and the anti's ammo they will use at the worst possible time.
    for us.

Thanks a lot OCxx whatever, you have done a hell of a job.

To Watkins if he's reading this, keep your pie hole shut, stay out of sight and let the professionals work this. You disgusting jack wagon.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    This video was from last May. These guys have been dragging down our chances for a long time.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    It's on the nightly news again... Apparently security changes are being implemented at the state capital as a result. Panic buttons seem to be planned for each office.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    And will be an argueing point against the bill when it hits the floor.

I'm an idjit, and if I was Kory, I wouldn't be stupid enough to say so.

Well,,,,, then again,,,,, aftet that stupid stunt, he might be.

from an idgit coffeeholic

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    The biggest arguments against increasing gun rights are typically "what-if" situations. If even one individual, especially one that claims to speak for others, creates a stir ... you can bet everything you own that it will affect support for it and ANY future gun rights bills in the future.

These people that think the Legislature is an extension of being Billy Badass on the internet are SORELY mistaken. These people going out to force the hand of law enforcement or push the limits of legality are not helping. The decision makers in the state legislature don't look at things the same way some gun nut on Facebook does, and not matter how much you will it to be, they are the people you have to convince, period.

These people do not understand reality. They've been so absorbed into a micro-culture of people that think similarly to them that they've detached from reality. It's no different than a cult. It's really sad ...

Spot on

Top Bottom