• ...and so much more!
  • Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Funny, I often carry a .380 and I really don't consider that an all purpose pistol. And I didn't know the .454 Casull was a readily available semiautomatic pistol.
    Gun Zone Deals

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Funny, I often carry a .380 and I really don't consider that an all purpose pistol. And I didn't know the .454 Casull was a readily available semiautomatic pistol.

Yeah, I miss a lot these days. Okay then, either .380ACP pocket pistol or .50 AE Desert Eagle.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I did and corrected my comment. I was trying to express my opinion that there's no such thing as "one good all-around pistol". Maybe if some of the variables were defined...

So here's my question, if you had to choose one, and ONLY ONE, semi automatic for everything, what would it be? A pistol that can be used for home and self defense. A pistol that can be concealed for every day carry. A pistol that you can use for hiking, walking the back forty and hunting with. The same pistol can also be used as a range gun, a truck gun and a competition gun. And of course, a plinkin' gun

How many more variables do you want defined to make a choice?
    The above is from the OP.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If you had to choose only one beretta semiautomatic DA/SA handgun with greater than 12 round capacity between the calibers of .340 and .360 to use for everything, which would you choose?

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    It seems I've worn out my welcome here... if it was ever there. Perhaps if I made my points more clearly defined... or maybe if I was as rude and unforgiving as others here? It's pretty f-ing stoopid to ask such a dumb-ass question without clarifying the variables. For instance, regarding "hunting", are you hunting squirrels or polar bears? Oh... pu-pu-pu-leeze forgive my asking such an unnecessary question!!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Who cares. He wants to blow up the thread over "variables". Yeah, that's a great way to ignore the question posted in the OP and change the whole point of the thread.

If he didn't like the question or found it so "stoopid" he could clicked his way right back out of the thread.

Instead he starts trying to sound smart n shit then gets his panties bunched up because nobody gives a crap and treats him like anyone else who might do the same thing.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    It seems I've worn out my welcome here... if it was ever there. Perhaps if I made my points more clearly defined... or maybe if I was as rude and unforgiving as others here? It's pretty f-ing stoopid to ask such a dumb-ass question without clarifying the variables. For instance, regarding "hunting", are you hunting squirrels or polar bears? Oh... pu-pu-pu-leeze forgive my asking such an unnecessary question!!

No reason to leave, EVERYBODY gets their turn in the barrel here......

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Sorry... I'm trying to learn to recognize when I should stop posting.

RE the OP: The reason I asked for more defined parameters is because, IMO, the question can't be properly answered as originally asked. I wasn't trying to be an ass... at least not until post #91 and only after being b-slapped a couple times for no good reason.

Last edited:

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Sorry... I'm trying to learn to recognize when I should stop posting.

Look Bud, we've all been stupid in a post here and/or there. And most get slapped once or twelve times until we learn to read thorough and then comment.

I think most of the basic requirements were stated in the OP, up to the reasonable question of "what is being hunted?"(paraphrasing). I then stated that definition.

This question is not definitive answer type question but, rather an opinion based question with too many variables and circumstances to solve with a simple one word answer. But, I am still getting few good ideas IF I were to ever have to choose only one semi automatic pistol.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Byrd... Okay I see your squirrel/mastodon comment. I'm sorry but the question is a bit silly. Let's assume brown bear... you'll need something like a Desert Eagle in .44 Mag or .50 AE... but how are you going to conceal that? What'll that do to squirrels, which I'm assuming you'll want to eat? In Texas summers you can conceal a 9mm or .45 ACP but you'd surely want something with far greater damage potential for brown bear. Limit the choice to three or maybe two pistols and you'll finally get valid answers. And my name is not Bud, it's Mike.;)

Last edited:

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Byrd... Okay I see your squirrel/mastodon comment. I'm sorry but the question is a bit silly. Let's assume brown bear... you'll need something like a Desert Eagle in .44 Mag or .50 AE... but how are you going to conceal that? What'll that do to squirrels, which I'm assuming you'll want to eat? In Texas summers you can conceal a 9mm or .45 ACP but you'd surely want something with far greater damage potential for brown bear. Limit the choice to three or maybe two pistols and you'll finally get valid answers. And my name is not Bud, it's Mike.;)

If you have a serious concern about bears, this is worth a read:
    https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=108

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Now you're finally seeing the point to the question.

This is all about that One pistol. That one pistol that is as mythological as a Unicorn and a Pegasus. And I didn't stipulate this was a strictly a Texas weapon. This could be/can be/will be used wherever. From North Pole to South Pole. The one pistol that can do it all. Wherever and whenever whatever need or situation arises.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Now you're finally seeing the point to the question.

This is all about that One pistol. That one pistol that is as mythological as a Unicorn and a Pegasus. And I didn't stipulate this was a strictly a Texas weapon. This could be/can be/will be used wherever. From North Pole to South Pole. The one pistol that can do it all. Wherever and whenever whatever need or situation arises.

Can I use the pistol to shoot a bad guy and take his carbine?

Top Bottom