• Total voters

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I was listening to Cam & Co. on Sirius radio Monday night. Ted Nugent was on and he stated something that shocked me. As close as I can get is "We are pushing for Constitutional carry here in Texas and hope to get it through very soon. I mean it will be "real" Constitutional carry with no restrictions at all." Anyone else hear this?
    He might have been talking about what were wanting. That's all I can figure???
    Unless he was talking about some other state I guess.
    Hell, we cant even get campus carry.
    Target Sports

slydoh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    houston
    Hello all,

I recently moved from CO to TX due to layoff....

I lived in a small mountain town of 6000. Since we are well outside the city limits of Denver we fell into the state open carry law. Which meant that we could carry a handgun openly anywhere the law did not forbid (school, court, hospital etc.) without any kind of permit or license. And just about anything else in the car...

During my years of living there i NEVER saw anyone openly carry (cops don't count). Sure, you might argue in a town of 6000 do you need to.... but the point is we could and people chose not to. They were all in the cars....

Bears, mountain lions etc were the worry. Not idiots breaking into your home.

ah.... well..... at least it's not CA. I was able to bring everything here safe and sound and legally.

Just because you can doesn't mean you will and that's the problem with the ideology of anti-gun crowd.

Any tips on protecting my home from animals of the two legged variety?

Simon

PS. I like TX but kind of feel its like living in NYC when it comes to gun control.. What happened......

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Hello all,

I recently moved from CO to TX due to layoff....

I lived in a small mountain town of 6000. Since we are well outside the city limits of Denver we fell into the state open carry law. Which meant that we could carry a handgun openly anywhere the law did not forbid (school, court, hospital etc.) without any kind of permit or license. And just about anything else in the car...

During my years of living there i NEVER saw anyone openly carry (cops don't count). Sure, you might argue in a town of 6000 do you need to.... but the point is we could and people chose not to. They were all in the cars....

Bears, mountain lions etc were the worry. Not idiots breaking into your home.

ah.... well..... at least it's not CA. I was able to bring everything here safe and sound and legally.

Just because you can doesn't mean you will and that's the problem with the ideology of anti-gun crowd.

Simon

PS. I like TX but kind of feel its like living in NYC when it comes to gun control.. What happened......
    Man that sounded like a nice place to live.
    What happened you ask, well Texas has always had liberal politics. That's what happened.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas

Simon

If someone breaks into your home you have the right to use deadly force. If you are anywhere it is legal for you to be (parking lot, store, or walking down the street) you have the right to use deadly force. If you feel that bodily injury or death is a threat to you. It's called stand your ground law.

AlamoMIA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Arlington, Texas
    How many of you Texans are going to attend the HB 2756 hearing Thursday, April 21st at 8:30 AM in E2.028 ?

Better yet - how many are going to appear as witnesses in support of the bill ?

I am aware of 3 speakers from the Lone Star Citizen's Defense League in addition to the author, Representative George Lavender who introduced the bill.

TaoJones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Ft. Worth
    I support open carry, and did so offten when I lived in Virginia. It makes me sad that Texas is behind the majority of the nation when it comes to gun rights.

I was a member of the NRA when it came free with the purchase of a Taurus firearm. I think my year is up though.

Top Bottom