• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    After 5 years since the last submission is there anyone with new perspective or observations about open/concealed carry.

Since 1996 I have seen just two accidental display of concealed carry before open carry law passed. Since open carry passed I have only seen two open carry people; one in Total Wine store in Plano, the other Sunday morning in downtown Dallas area.
    Military Camp

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    After 5 years since the last submission is there anyone with new perspective or observations about open/concealed carry.

Since 1996 I have seen just two accidental display of concealed carry before open carry law passed. Since open carry passed I have only seen two open carry people; one in Total Wine store in Plano, the other Sunday morning in downtown Dallas area.
    Only two 'cause you didn't see me drop one on the floor at HEB 15 years ago. :banghead:

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    OC is pretty rare in San Antonio. Saw my first last week at the Jason's Deli. I was in assigned seating by the register waiting for them to fix my to-go sandwich when a guy came in to pick up one he had already ordered. He was young black man, slim, very tall at least 6'8", long woven hang down rope hair. Uneventful.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Had an interaction with a constable weekend before last while OC. On the bike and meeting up with another rider at the EZ tag store parking lot to ride the last leg to a rendezvous point in LaPorte where we’re were meeting the larger group for an afternoon ride.

Just as we were about to leave, a constable pulled in front of us asking what we were up to. I shut off the bike and removed my helmet and hung it on the mirror. Never dismounted the bike. Officer got out of his unit and approached while stating that I’m on video. We looked “suspicious” and he wanted to see what was going on. I explained what we were doing, I wasn’t an ass about it, and he realized we were just two regular schmucks going about their business. He told us to ride safely and ended the encounter without ever asking for an ID. The encounter is what you make it in most cases.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    I don't pay too much attention to it most of the time... excpet, the other day when a guy walks up to the Elementary school to pick up his daughter while OCing. He had on a jacket and easily could have concealed it, but he had the jacket tucked behind it so it was in very plain sight. I called admin and SRO and went and stood by him till they got there. They told him to leave, which he did without incident... I don't know what happened after that... He hasn't been back since... That's just stupid. You don't carry on a school campus unless you want to rack up a felony charge...

Personally I find OC to be a PITA. Just not my thing for comfort reasons... CC is much easier.

Alan

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I don't pay too much attention to it most of the time... excpet, the other day when a guy walks up to the Elementary school to pick up his daughter while OCing. He had on a jacket and easily could have concealed it, but he had the jacket tucked behind it so it was in very plain sight. I called admin and SRO and went and stood by him till they got there. They told him to leave, which he did without incident... I don't know what happened after that... He hasn't been back since... That's just stupid. You don't carry on a school campus unless you want to rack up a felony charge...

Personally I find OC to be a PITA. Just not my thing for comfort reasons... CC is much easier.

Alan
    snitch! karma is a vebgeful bitch!

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    I haven’t seen anyone OCing down here in the valley so far. I still expect to run into a Mexican dude wearing one of those intricately engraved 1911s that seem to be so popular around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    Wow! Advocating criminal activity is not something I expected here...

Alan
    Perhaps the gentleman was unaware it was illegal. That question has been asked here before, some are just unaware.

Zod just explained it very well above. Maybe next time ask or offer advice rather than throwing someone under the bus, backing up and running them over again.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    Okay, until the law changes, it's criminal... I have no argument with the idea that the law is unconstitutional and should be changed. But until then, it's criminal, AND anybody who is not supposed to carry on a campus is committing a crime... I put in my volunteer time walking our campuses, checking doors, and looking for people who are carrying guns. It's a really unpleasant fact of life these days. There's lots of other things I'd rather be doing...

Alan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    Perhaps the gentleman was unaware it was illegal. That question has been asked here before, some are just unaware.

Zod just explained it very well above. Maybe next time ask or offer advice rather than throwing someone under the bus, backing up and running them over again.

I don't buy the "I didn't know it was illegal" thing at all... Throw him under the bus? No, I don't have the authority to even approach him about it. My authority starts and ends with a phone call... If he didn't know before, he knows now...

Alan

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Okay, until the law changes, it's criminal... I have no argument with the idea that the law is unconstitutional and should be changed. But until then, it's criminal, AND anybody who is not supposed to carry on a campus is committing a crime... I put in my volunteer time walking our campuses, checking doors, and looking for people who are carrying guns. It's a really unpleasant fact of life these days. There's lots of other things I'd rather be doing...

Alan

So, you're rather get the guy arrested than see if he's aware he's breaking the law and possibly advise him not to do so without involving the authorities. I see.

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    I don't buy the "I didn't know it was illegal" thing at all... Throw him under the bus? No, I don't have the authority to even approach him about it. My authority starts and ends with a phone call... If he didn't know before, he knows now...

Alan
    1678164348973.jpeg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    I'd rather him not break the law... LIke I said, the way our protocols are set up, If I see something I call admin and the SRO... I don't strike up conversations with folks about whether or not they know they are comitting felonies... I have to make the assumption that they already know.

Alan

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom