• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Thats exactly what he is. Tattling on gun owners to the authorities, and acting like an nra membership means he's totally pro 2a.

But he's out there every day on that line, man, protecting children! We need men like him standing between our children and certain death! You don't know the sacrifices he's made, him and the group of elite men he's put together to patrol, protect, and snitch! We owe that man a debt of gratitude. He keeps us all alive.
    Texas SOT

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    But he's out there every day on that line, man, protecting children! We need men like him standing between our children and certain death! You don't know the sacrifices he's made, him and the group of elite men he's put together to patrol, protect, and snitch! We owe that man a debt of gratitude. He keeps us all alive.
    We are able to sleep at night because rough men like him are ready to sic the SRO on gun owners at a moments notice.

It's like the neighborhood watch in hot fuzz, but less effective.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    We are able to sleep at night because rough men like him are ready to sic the SRO on gun owners at a moments notice.

It's like the neighborhood watch in hot fuzz, but less effective.

He's a pillar of the community. I'll bet he's also the guy out there on a hot summer day with a tape measure checking the neighbor's grass to see if the HOA needs to be notified of a violation.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Are you not respecting his authoritah? Buddy you just got reported to the SRO
    respect.jpg

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Slight Tangent Alert:

A week ago, I noticed a marked "Citizens On Patrol" SUV in Kyle. I raised an eyebrow to the sheer mall cop audacity. Turns out KPD has a whole training course for "COP's". My first thought was this was a way for KPD to add manpower while not having to pay for real officers. I've heard of auxiliary PD for traffic duties/emergencies but not sure if this qualifies. I think we should all keep our eyes and ears open but there is a definite hall monitor vibe. Why would you want to put yourself in that position. If sh&t went down, I think it would be easy for KPD to throw the civvie under the bus to save themselves.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    We have a few of these folks in my neighborhood.

A couple of years ago, while in the effort to check my RFD mailbox, up pulls a COPs guy.

He actually was a pleasant old guy.

We talked a bit as he rolled down his drivers side window and I could see he wanted to talk. He gave off the nice old retired guy vibe.

I think he may have thought he could contribute to keep an eye on things criminal, but the fact is he's toothless, unless his radio counts and I guess to a degree...it does, but no gun, not even another old guy to help him if he intervened in any crime doing, which of course, he shouldn't...too damn old, bout my age.

However, he drove what really looks like a cop car i.e., light bar, big radio antenna, cop decals (though once you read 'citizens on patrol' (kinda laughable) bukt, if that causes some low life to reconsider...well...good.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Slight Tangent Alert:

A week ago, I noticed a marked "Citizens On Patrol" SUV in Kyle. I raised an eyebrow to the sheer mall cop audacity. Turns out KPD has a whole training course for "COP's"...
    A lot departments have a COP program. Here’s a sample of SAPD’s programs

ACTIVE CITIZEN PROGRAMS

Citizen on Patrol (COP) - Neighborhood residents patrol their streets, using cell phones to report crimes. Ride-along and Training at SAPD substations. Find out more about Citizen on Patrol.

Family Assistance Crisis Teams (FACT) - Trained volunteers work weekend evenings at substations to assist victims of family violence. Find out more about Family Assistance Crisis Teams.

Volunteers in Policing (VIP) - Opportunities to assist SAPD with duties ranging from clerical to roof-top surveillance. 210.207.7386. Find out more about Volunteers in Policing.

Citizens Police Academy (CPA) - An 12-week informational series to educate citizens about the SAPD and police work in San Antonio. Find out more about the Citizens Police Academy.

Lots of opportunities to snitch/develop certain skillsets such as surveillance/counter-surveillance. Wonder how many Chinese agents participate in such programs across the US

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Maybe I missed it because there was so much to read... but did that guy say where dude was OCing on school grounds? I think you can carry in the parking lot.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Slight Tangent Alert:

A week ago, I noticed a marked "Citizens On Patrol" SUV in Kyle. I raised an eyebrow to the sheer mall cop audacity. Turns out KPD has a whole training course for "COP's". My first thought was this was a way for KPD to add manpower while not having to pay for real officers. I've heard of auxiliary PD for traffic duties/emergencies but not sure if this qualifies. I think we should all keep our eyes and ears open but there is a definite hall monitor vibe. Why would you want to put yourself in that position. If sh&t went down, I think it would be easy for KPD to throw the civvie under the bus to save themselves.

Frankly it freaks me out that Kyle and Buda have freaking police departments. I went to high school there. Back in the 80s there was the Constable (Kohler, who looked just like that Louisiana sheriff from those Roger Moore Bond movies) and a deputy or two, and once in a while a state trooper would drive through. Lots of changes since then.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Maybe I missed it because there was so much to read... but did that guy say where dude was OCing on school grounds? I think you can carry in the parking lot.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

A minor change occurred as part of HB1927.

Sec. 46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED.
    (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, location-restricted knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a):
    (1) on the physical premises of a school or educational institution, any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private, unless:
    (A) pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the institution; or
    (B) the person possesses or goes with a concealed handgun that the person is licensed to carry under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and no other weapon to which this section applies, on the premises of an institution of higher education or private or independent institution of higher education, on any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by the institution is being conducted, or in a passenger transportation vehicle of the institution;

The AG’s office has an opinion some that one must physically enter a building for the LTC exception to be pierced.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Kyle population over 51,000 (2021). Probably pushing 55-60K now. We moved here 20K ago. Buildings going up everywhere. We're literally being surrounded.

Yeah, going back down there after moving away makes my head spin. We lived down there from 2010 to 2011 - my daughter was born in the hopsital that's supposed to be a cow pasture across 35.

Hell, even having an HEB was a surprise. Sadly, the small town atmosphere is gone. "Back in my day" Kyle consisted of the town square around that big oak tree and...not much else. Same with Buda - there was the "downtown" strip by the railroad tracks, the elementary school, and a couple of small neighborhoods. Now? Everything's there.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Yeah, going back down there after moving away makes my head spin. We lived down there from 2010 to 2011 - my daughter was born in the hopsital that's supposed to be a cow pasture across 35.

Hell, even having an HEB was a surprise. Sadly, the small town atmosphere is gone. "Back in my day" Kyle consisted of the town square around that big oak tree and...not much else. Same with Buda - there was the "downtown" strip by the railroad tracks, the elementary school, and a couple of small neighborhoods. Now? Everything's there.
    City Hall is relishing the $$$ and seems to have pulled out all the stops but claims to "not want Kyle to turn into Austin"...too late if you ask me.

Tempted to look at properties farther out but that's a whole other can of worms.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    City Hall is relishing the $$$ and seems to have pulled out all the stops but claims to "not want Kyle to turn into Austin"...too late if you ask me.

Tempted to look at properties farther out but that's a whole other can of worms.

Yeah, that ship sailed as soon as the first apartment complexes went up. That's probably a can of worms worth opening - Hays County seems to be sliding hard to the left with all the invaders from Austin and California pouring in.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    A lot departments have a COP program. Here’s a sample of SAPD’s programs

ACTIVE CITIZEN PROGRAMS

Citizen on Patrol (COP) - Neighborhood residents patrol their streets, using cell phones to report crimes. Ride-along and Training at SAPD substations. Find out more about Citizen on Patrol.

Family Assistance Crisis Teams (FACT) - Trained volunteers work weekend evenings at substations to assist victims of family violence. Find out more about Family Assistance Crisis Teams.

Volunteers in Policing (VIP) - Opportunities to assist SAPD with duties ranging from clerical to roof-top surveillance. 210.207.7386. Find out more about Volunteers in Policing.

Citizens Police Academy (CPA) - An 12-week informational series to educate citizens about the SAPD and police work in San Antonio. Find out more about the Citizens Police Academy.

Lots of opportunities to snitch/develop certain skillsets such as surveillance/counter-surveillance. Wonder how many Chinese agents participate in such programs across the US
    That was what that guy in Florida was doing when he killed Obama's son. George Zimmerman was on patrol.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area

I remember those days. I wonder if you knew a Coach Clauss...

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I remember those days. I wonder if you knew a Coach Clauss...

OMG I hated him... Had him as my PE teacher in middle school (when the middle school was right next to the high school, before Buda and Kyle built new ones and the high school absorbed the old middle school building). He's the reason I stayed in band all 4 years so I didn't have to take PE anymore!

Top Bottom