• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pyrogenic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    It was not. He only made a comment, obviously not a definitive claim of absolute fact.

You like to argue a lot, yes?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not about arguing. It's about all this crap saying OC will make you a target despite the fact that its already going on in other states without one report of someone being targeted or shot first or having their gun taken from them. It sounds very similar to the liberals "blood in the streets" argument.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I would still CC whenever possible, and open carry when it can't be avoided.
    ie: when it's a billion degrees outside, like it is here from about May through September.

Why? Because when it's hot out, I sweat like a pig! If I don't have to have my pistol right up against my skin, that would be very preferable for me.
    I honestly don't think most people would even notice much, unless your holster has flashing LED's and glitter!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It was not. He only made a comment, obviously not a definitive claim of absolute fact.

You like to argue a lot, yes?

When someone makes a statement of alleged fact, I ask for the basis of the claim. If they say "I'd think, I think, etc." - different story.

And you apparently like to butt in when you aren't asked a question. Trust me - that's NOT a good way to do that around here.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    open carry has work successfully for a long time right next door in New Mexico. there is not blood flowing in the streets or cops getting killed.

I don't think officers are going to die, since for a pure safety issue, seeing the gun is better then not knowing if somebody is armed.

I DO like those Texas Ranger holsters.... I have worked some child abuse cases with some Rangers and their set ups are sweet... almost too pretty to carry as they are pieces of art.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Austin
    When I OC'd I'd probably carry an SR9 or SR9c, I really like those two options from Ruger.

I wouldn't be OCing all the time, but in my opinion there is no reason to deny CHL holders the option. There are situations where it would be inappropriate or ill-advised and there are situations where it would be much more convenient. For me it's all about having the freedom to choose for yourself.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I don't think officers are going to die, since for a pure safety issue, seeing the gun is better then not knowing if somebody is armed.

I DO like those Texas Ranger holsters.... I have worked some child abuse cases with some Rangers and their set ups are sweet... almost too pretty to carry as they are pieces of art.

Alot of the holsters are hand made by an inmate in the TDCJ. Inmates get whats called a "Piddle shop". Just like tattoos Some inmates excel at holster, belt making. Their work also has styling cues that make it unique to Texas culture. The buckles also.

The Texas Ranger badge is a stamped mexico coin. You can see the mexican eagle on back. Looks like a rail road penny shadow

Open carry to me would the ability to wear a one off piece of art. I think cow head grips are beautiful. If you look at period examples. LOL, some cowboy did it with a pocket knife. The design is too easy to make. 1911 grips are one of the more easy grips to duplicate by hand tools.

It would be a shame not to open carry this: Hammer locked back in a snug holster, at about 5 o' clock. Oh hell yeah....
    index_25.jpg

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Not a 45. I want more ammo in my gun than that. Probably a Sig with 15 in the mag.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    We need a pic of one of those Texas Ranger holsters! I'd carry a full size 1911 when open carrying. Decisions about whether an individual open carries or not don't have to be made at this point. After a year of two of legal open carry, I really believe it would be no big deal to a great majority of the people in Texas.

Top Bottom