ARJ Defense ad

Open Handgun Carry in Texas? If not, WHY not?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PappyUSA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Rosenberg
    I had no idea that I was suspected of being a plant and have no way of proving I'm not. I pretty much thought I was just engaging in an intelligent conversation where no one agreed with anything I had to say. But then as I read the very intelligent posts from others I began to realize that my position was untenable in that it fly’s in the face of something else that I strongly believe in, the Constitution. The recent event at LAX was even more proof that people should have the right to arm themselves anywhere. Imagine all of those people running because they had nothing to shoot back with.

When I first joined this forum a few days ago I was just looking for a like-minded place to hang out when I have time to kill.

I responded to the topic:
    I gave it a quick thought and concluded that if I had jump through hoops to get a CHL why shouldn't the OC'ers have to jump through the same hoops to get an OCL.
    Where I was wrong was my thought should have been, “Why did I have to jump through those hoops to get a CHL in the first place?
    Most of the slaughter events that have taken place that the anti gun crowd uses against us are the are the very same ones that could have been stopped by an armed citizen.

To those who took me to task:
    Keep up the good work..
    Guns International

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    I had no idea that I was suspected of being a plant and have no way of proving I'm not. I pretty much thought I was just engaging in an intelligent conversation where no one agreed with anything I had to say. But then as I read the very intelligent posts from others I began to realize that my position was untenable in that it fly’s in the face of something else that I strongly believe in, the Constitution. The recent event at LAX was even more proof that people should have the right to arm themselves anywhere. Imagine all of those people running because they had nothing to shoot back with.

When I first joined this forum a few days ago I was just looking for a like-minded place to hang out when I have time to kill.

I responded to the topic:
    I gave it a quick thought and concluded that if I had jump through hoops to get a CHL why shouldn't the OC'ers have to jump through the same hoops to get an OCL.
    Where I was wrong was my thought should have been, “Why did I have to jump through those hoops to get a CHL in the first place?
    Most of the slaughter events that have taken place that the anti gun crowd uses against us are the are the very same ones that could have been stopped by an armed citizen.

To those who took me to task:
    Keep up the good work..
    Now you're thinking like an American — congratulations! To be completely honest, I too, thought you were a DU plant (troll) with your "I support the constitution, but people shouldn't be able to walk around with guns" nonsense.

Atlas Thug

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2013
    Big FTW
    Ah, freedom... Its a nice thing..
    Sorry its sideways.
    Anyway, normalcy is nice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      68.3 KB · Views: 142

gatorbait51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2013
    Yes sir. I have actually been approached by a group who need to do their CHL renewal. Even though there is no class required, they want to take one just for the updates.
    Two things, taking a refresher class is a good idea for CHL/CCW . Nothing like being brought up to speed on changes.
    Second question, if my pistol prints through my shirt or jacket though not intentionally, what exactly is legal and not? This is not an issue to your neighbor to the East.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Second question, if my pistol prints through my shirt or jacket though not intentionally, what exactly is legal and not? This is not an issue to your neighbor to the East.

There is nothing illegal about printing. The stipulation in the law is basically as long as you are not intentionally and knowingly displaying the gun. Accidents happen, shirts ride up, we forget we're carrying and bend down the wrong way allowing the gun to print significantly, etc. None of that is illegal.

gatorbait51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2013
    There is nothing illegal about printing. The stipulation in the law is basically as long as you are not intentionally and knowingly displaying the gun. Accidents happen, shirts ride up, we forget we're carrying and bend down the wrong way allowing the gun to print significantly, etc. None of that is illegal.

Okay, thanks so much! I have heard a good bit of conflicting information. I even posted some of my incorrect impressions. So glad to have it cleared up for me .

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Two things, taking a refresher class is a good idea for CHL/CCW . Nothing like being brought up to speed on changes.

Our forum is blessed enough to have several members who post updates on not only CHL law, but any law relevant to firearms or self-defense every time TX congress changes something. No refresher needed.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

My neighbor to the east?

This printing fallacy is old and tiring

zx9rt1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    What would be the difference from open carry to having a sign in your front yard stating this homeowner has firearms? Let's play the devils advocate game for just a moment. I'm a bad guy looking to do bad things. I see someone open carrying and I have a good idea that person has no training in weapon retention. Which most folks would not have had this level of training. And as a bad guy I need more weapons to do whatever it is that I have planned. Do I relieve the person open carrying of his weapon first? You bet! Do I relieve the concealed carry person of his weapon first? No! Care to take a guess why I wouldn't do that? First off I'm not a bad guy and because I have no idea who would be carrying concealed. Flame suit is on. Flame away.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Hasn't happened yet in the open carry states.

Now that I have presented evidence that we will not have a rash of criminals disarming someone who chooses to OC it's your turn to present some kind of evidence that they would. Advocate away.

Wbaumer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2013
    I am against open carry for a few reasons. The first is that our enemies will be jolted into action upon the media spotlight that will ensue and brand the gun rights movement as kooks and nuts. Frankly to most people seeing someone with an open gun is jarring. We are winning politically and this is overreach.

Wbaumer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2013
    Again, show some evidence if this happening in Oklahoma or Nevada.

I consider myself pretty political, i am a life member of the nra and give money too. I think open carry is just not necessary and goads the liberal media to portray gun rights people as kooks to the average voter. Eventually the media will start using a stock photo of some guy with an ar-15 strapped to his back and play that over and over again, similar to the bs photo of trayvon as a 12 year old...

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I am against open carry for a few reasons. The first is that our enemies will be jolted into action upon the media spotlight that will ensue and brand the gun rights movement as kooks and nuts. Frankly to most people seeing someone with an open gun is jarring. We are winning politically and this is overreach.

First post on this forum for you, and you already made yourself look like an idiot. If you don't like it, don't do it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Wbaumer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2013
    First post on this forum for you, and you already made yourself look like an idiot. If you don't like it, don't do it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

well it is my third post now and just because you yearn for open carry, doesnt change the political landscape we are in. I am not following you down a rathole that leads to pelosi bloomberg and that crowd derailing our fight for gun rights. So flame away but it is what it is...

Wbaumer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2013
    Btw i watched the open carry rally in Arlington on the news, the manager called 911, and several patrons were scared. Think those people were now sympathetic to our cause or did we look like nuts? We love guns but the majority of sheep out there are easily swayed and open carry makes them easy pickins for the scumbag gun grabbers..

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom