• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    No, Not 100% legal in fact 100% illegal. Texas PC makes the exemption to the OC ban on your property and property that you control not on your neighbors property even if he "Gives you permission". Will a police officer arrest you? Maybe not but that doesn't make it legal

You knowledge of Texas Law is almost non-existent.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Really if that is the case please show me in the Law where you can Openly Carry on someone else's property?

Sec. 46.15. NONAPPLICABILITY.
    (b) Section 46.02 does not apply to a person who:
    (3) is engaging in lawful hunting, fishing, or other sporting activity on the immediate premises where the activity is conducted, or is en route between the premises and the actor's residence, motor vehicle, or watercraft, if the weapon is a type commonly used in the activity;

Aj Weaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Little Elm
    Sec. 46.15. NONAPPLICABILITY.
    (b) Section 46.02 does not apply to a person who:
    (3) is engaging in lawful hunting, fishing, or other sporting activity on the immediate premises where the activity is conducted, or is en route between the premises and the actor's residence, motor vehicle, or watercraft, if the weapon is a type commonly used in the activity;

I don't see anything on here about a neighbors house?

Please read this thread

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...-weapons/31682-open-carry-while-property.html

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    He is going over there to shoot? This whole thread has turned into a pissing match. Not to be a dick, but I agree open carry is pretty much banned in Tx. I prefer concealed carry, but think folks should be allowed to oc. I also believe the gubmint chl is bullshit and shouldn't be required. Criminals don't need them, why should we?

Aj Weaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Little Elm
    Thank you. I really don't understand why they wanted to insist that OC was legal in Texas. All I was trying to do was get OC legal. The petition was just get support for when I go talk to more Senators.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

Please read this thread

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...-weapons/31682-open-carry-while-property.html

The exceptions to 46.02 apply on public or private property. Shooting at a neighbor's house, hunting, etc. And of course if you are staying the night the neighbor's house becomes your temporary premises and you can OC.

I agree OC should be legal, and I hope next session we will at least be able to repeal 46.035 (a). This last session Rep. Lavender's bill was filed late, and there was some confusion as to how it would affect 30.06.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Just got back. Since I was engaged in a "other sporting activity on the immediate premises where the activity is conducted", using a"weapon is a type commonly used in the activity", carry "en route between the premises" and on premises was 100% legal.

This weekend I will be traveling across state. Open Carry will be legal then too. You keep believing OC is "in fact 100% illegal", I will keep OC legally in Texas.

No need for me to read any threads I contributed too.

Aj Weaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Little Elm
    I'm done arguing with you in general OC is not legal in Texas If you want to continue to press your luck that is your business. I however will continue to fight to make it legal for all Texans during their daily activity.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Did we specify in here somewhere that we are referring strictly to handguns? I mean, I can openly carry a rifle down the street pretty much all day. Sounds to me like that's more OC than either Kalifornia or New Jersey.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    OC topics on this board go fast. I don't know how many have been locked or deleted. Seems a few, otherwise outstanding, members turn into trolls at the mention. Others are just too hard headed to do things right.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    a6cd0bd7-77b7-2d34.jpg

Just in case.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    OC topics on this board go fast. I don't know how many have been locked or deleted. Seems a few, otherwise outstanding, members turn into trolls at the mention. Others are just too hard headed to do things right.

I guess people don't really get the 2nd amendment.
    "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
    Bearing arms means openly carrying arms.
    I favor the law, which is the constitution and the amendments. There is nothing in the constitution that specifically allows the federal goverment or the states to outlaw open carry or any other sort of gun control.
    The biggest problem we have besides the fact that both the states and the feds ignore the constitution is the fact that there is no judicial review before a law is enacted. If every law were subject to constitutional judicial review prior to enactment we would not have this mess we are in now.

Joseph Bell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    San Antonio, Texas
    I have been doing a bit of reading around TGT and I must say the disrespectful comments and lack of true understanding of a few members is irritating. It’s not my place to police up the few of you that seem to have problems being social and civil (i.e. respectful). I hope those of you (you know who you are) learn to be a little more social/civil when debating issues, the forum as a whole would benefit more from it.

AJ Weaver, good on you for keeping up the fight for all of us in restoring our constitutional rights. Thank you for what you are doing, and thank you for your service to our country. I signed the petition and I hope that more do the same; we all need to come together on these issues and make the steps necessary to protect and preserve our freedoms.

Aj Weaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Little Elm
    I have been doing a bit of reading around TGT and I must say the disrespectful comments and lack of true understanding of a few members is irritating. It’s not my place to police up the few of you that seem to have problems being social and civil (i.e. respectful). I hope those of you (you know who you are) learn to be a little more social/civil when debating issues, the forum as a whole would benefit more from it.

AJ Weaver, good on you for keeping up the fight for all of us in restoring our constitutional rights. Thank you for what you are doing, and thank you for your service to our country. I signed the petition and I hope that more do the same; we all need to come together on these issues and make the steps necessary to protect and preserve our freedoms.

It is an issue that is important to me. I was living in Colorado and have seen that it is not the "DoomsDay" that the Left says it will be. Now I'm in Germany but when I get out I will be back in Texas and I want EVERYONE to be able to enjoy the freedom that I have.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    It is an issue that is important to me. I was living in Colorado and have seen that it is not the "DoomsDay" that the Left and Right say it will be. Now I'm in Germany but when I get out I will be back in Texas and I want EVERYONE to be able to enjoy the freedom that I have.

Fixed it for you. Repubs are just as spineless on this issue.

As far as the subtleties of legality I get that there are places we can legally OC right now. Guess what, for some of us we're in those places or activities less than 5% of the time. So the other 95% of the time we can't.

I don't know why you guys can't be constructive and offer some suggestions on how he can correct/enhance his message if you disagree with it instead of just bashing it. Coming out saying someone is lying because they generalized the issue instead of citing the few technical areas we can OC is acting like a child. Can we advance beyond junior high please? You guys are better than that.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    If I am on my deer lease and my pistol is in my holster I am not open carrying. It is just the place where I keep my hunting pistol. Easier to get to if that hog tries to get back up.

Top Bottom