• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melvin.david54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    gffdgfd
    happy.jpg

The Second Amendment to the Bill of Rights enumerate my God-given right to be armed at all times for defense of self, family and country;

Section 25 of the Wisconsin Constitution protects the right to keep and bear arms without respect to where I may travel, whether in my vehicle or near a school zone;

Vehicle disarmament laws force me to unload my gun while traveling, leaving me vulnerable to car-jacking or other assaults;

School Zones were ruled unconstitutional in U.S. v. Lopez and these laws create a patch work of legalized entrapment for armed citizens and “criminal safe zones” for thugs;

Therefore, I urge you to uphold your sworn oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States by sponsoring and supporting legislation to
    1) Repeal laws that force me to unload and case my sidearm while traveling in a vehicle in the State of Wisconsin.
    2) Remove the patchwork of School Zones and related gun bans so armed citizens may travel freely, without fear of crossing into a “criminal safe zone” and face prosecution.
    3) Repeal Wisconsin’s ban on carrying concealed weapons.

WGO urges you to support both a voluntary “Shall-Issue” permit-to-carry system and a “Vermont-Style” concealed carry provision. The former would allow Wisconsin citizens to travel to other states which enjoy concealed carry reciprocity via a permit-to-carry. The latter would strike the ban on Carrying Concealed Weapons (CCW) from the books yet would not require citizens to get a permit if they choose to exercise their right to bear [concealed] arms. This concealed carry system mirrors the Alaskan model.
    Texas SOT

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Bunch of brain-dead know-it-alls. Is being devoid of common sense a prerequisite to run for any sort of government position.

Yes, common sense doesnt apply to politics. There's no punishment if they screw our country up so they dont care if they make a bunch of silly laws. Its all about looking good and getting re-elected.

View attachment 13197

The Second Amendment to the Bill of Rights enumerate my God-given right to be armed at all times for defense of self, family and country;

Section 25 of the Wisconsin Constitution protects the right to keep and bear arms without respect to where I may travel, whether in my vehicle or near a school zone;

Vehicle disarmament laws force me to unload my gun while traveling, leaving me vulnerable to car-jacking or other assaults;

School Zones were ruled unconstitutional in U.S. v. Lopez and these laws create a patch work of legalized entrapment for armed citizens and “criminal safe zones” for thugs;

Therefore, I urge you to uphold your sworn oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States by sponsoring and supporting legislation to
    1) Repeal laws that force me to unload and case my sidearm while traveling in a vehicle in the State of Wisconsin.
    2) Remove the patchwork of School Zones and related gun bans so armed citizens may travel freely, without fear of crossing into a “criminal safe zone” and face prosecution.
    3) Repeal Wisconsin’s ban on carrying concealed weapons.

WGO urges you to support both a voluntary “Shall-Issue” permit-to-carry system and a “Vermont-Style” concealed carry provision. The former would allow Wisconsin citizens to travel to other states which enjoy concealed carry reciprocity via a permit-to-carry. The latter would strike the ban on Carrying Concealed Weapons (CCW) from the books yet would not require citizens to get a permit if they choose to exercise their right to bear [concealed] arms. This concealed carry system mirrors the Alaskan model.

I completely agree. We should have AZ/Alaska style carry everywhere. Open or concealed no permit. If your 18 your an adult and should be treated as such in all aspects of life. Everybody thats not a felon(unless you have gotten your life straight and had an expungement) should be able to carry. If you screw up then you should be punished accordingly. No more everyone is restricted because a small few might screw up.

Aj Weaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Little Elm
    Yes, common sense doesnt apply to politics. There's no punishment if they screw our country up so they dont care if they make a bunch of silly laws. Its all about looking good and getting re-elected.

I completely agree. We should have AZ/Alaska style carry everywhere. Open or concealed no permit. If your 18 your an adult and should be treated as such in all aspects of life. Everybody thats not a felon(unless you have gotten your life straight and had an expungement) should be able to carry. If you screw up then you should be punished accordingly. No more everyone is restricted because a small few might screw up.

Wow, this is why I am here... I get to talk to people who get it... Its wonderful!!! It's not everyday I get to converse with people who understand what the founding Fathers intended when they wrote the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights.... Every day I have to explain how far we have come from the intent and how corrupt our system has become!!!

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Wow, this is why I am here... I get to talk to people who get it... Its wonderful!!! It's not everyday I get to converse with people who understand what the founding Fathers intended when they wrote the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights.... Every day I have to explain how far we have come from the intent and how corrupt our system has become!!!

Good to have you on board.
    We've got a lot of problems in this country but unfortunately many of them have been brought on by our own accord. We've let this stuff happen by not ousting the crack pot in office or protesting their behavior. Even in states like Texas where gun rights are strong theres room to fix some things. For example the CHL process. The reason why we dont have constitutional carry here is because there's so much money tied up the CHL biz. It's like a 2A tax.
    Dont get me wrong I'm all for the background check to buy a firearm but do you really need to pay the government $140 to do it again so you can have a CHL? I understand the laws in Texas and the CHL prohibition to misdemeanor offenders, it makes sense to prohibit someone from having a CHL for 5 years if they have a FIREARMS or VIOLENCE related criminal offense but the blanket judgement is crap. Wouldnt it be enough to ban those under inditement, imprisoned, and on parole/probation for Violent/Firearms related offenses from owning a firearm and leave it at that? Everyone that can purchase can carry... Or would that be too simple and put too many DPS workers out of a job? Oh wait a few states already do this, Anchorage and Phoenix are still standing and not much has changed,lol. The problem with the government regulating all of this is they turn our rights into a business.

Rant over

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    WHY??? It was such a fantastic Rant....

Sure I could go on but I don't feel it's constructive. To be honest I don't know where to put my energy at with these issues. Somewhere that would make a difference is preferable. Doing my part to be a CHL holder, gun owner, shooter, voter , and NRA member are about all I've come up with. It seems to be making the news that our numbers are growing. Were moving in the right direction but it took a long time to dig this hole. It will most likely take a while to get out.

Aj Weaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Little Elm
    Sure I could go on but I don't feel it's constructive. To be honest I don't know where to put my energy at with these issues. Somewhere that would make a difference is preferable. Doing my part to be a CHL holder, gun owner, shooter, voter , and NRA member are about all I've come up with. It seems to be making the news that our numbers are growing. Were moving in the right direction but it took a long time to dig this hole. It will most likely take a while to get out.

I can understand not knowing where to focus your energy.... I for the longest time did not know where to focus my disgust for the way the Government was infringing on our rights... I am starting a Non-Profit Organization to restore our rights... My only focus will be to fight things that the Government has no right to mess with. For Example the "Gun Free School Act of 1995" which was deemed Unconstitutional in 1992 Then the added some STUPID excuse as to why it was ok then passed it again...

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    I can understand not knowing where to focus your energy.... I for the longest time did not know where to focus my disgust for the way the Government was infringing on our rights... I am starting a Non-Profit Organization to restore our rights... My only focus will be to fight things that the Government has no right to mess with. For Example the "Gun Free School Act of 1995" which was deemed Unconstitutional in 1992 Then the added some STUPID excuse as to why it was ok then passed it again...

I wish you the best of luck with your organization and may god be with all of us as we try to restore our rights in this country.

Aj Weaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Little Elm
    obviously... Trying to get a free ride to Germany on my looks

What are the gun laws/culture like in Germany?

The gun laws here suck... I have to be a member of a Rod and Gun club for a year before I can bring my firearms over here... Even then almost no one can carry... Hell I can't even carry my pocket knife cause I can open it with one hand and it locks...

Kimber_me_timbers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Dallas
    Good god TI! The OP's original intent was perfectly clear. Im signing the petition, I agree with the OP, if I could OC wherever I went, I would. You guys talk about tactical advantage... Were not in a friggin war here! Its a well documented fact that a huge number of potential violent crimes are prevented all together by the mere presence of a firearm without it ever being drawn or a shot fired. I personally would rather deter conflict all together than worry about having the tactical advantage in a conflict.

I think everyone should OC. Period. The good guys outnumber the bad guys big time. If everyone OC'ed there would be a major reduction in violent crime. Like it was mentioned earlier, if dude was OC'n, that Treyvon kid wouldnt have started no shit to begin with and he would still be alive right now.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    The gun laws here suck... I have to be a member of a Rod and Gun club for a year before I can bring my firearms over here... Even then almost no one can carry... Hell I can't even carry my pocket knife cause I can open it with one hand and it locks...

Makes me think of ass achusetts. One of this finest firearms manufacturers in the world is based there and the good people of the state cant even own an S&W without some bs owners permit.

Thank You for your service and the sacrifices you make. I wish you luck and hope you can come back to the good ol' usa and enjoy your rights when your time is up there. In the mean time enjoy the auto-bahn and German food since it doesnt sound like you can enjoy Sig Sauer.

Aj Weaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Little Elm
    Makes me think of ass achusetts. One of this finest firearms manufacturers in the world is based there and the good people of the state cant even own an S&W without some bs owners permit.

Thank You for your service and the sacrifices you make. I wish you luck and hope you can come back to the good ol' usa and enjoy your rights when your time is up there. In the mean time enjoy the auto-bahn and German food since it doesnt sound like you can enjoy Sig Sauer.

I plan on enjoying everything I can... However I just got here and I can't even drive yet... and I haven't been off post... Hopefully I'll get off post tomorrow...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    All of these exceptions allow a person to carry any way they please:

Your own premise
    premise under your control
    hunting and other lawful sporting activity where handguns are commonly used
    While traveling
    as an armed guard (must be in plain view)
    while supervising the operation of a TABC licensee
    Yep, I can open carry in about 0.09 square miles of Texas and 268,580.91 square miles I cannot.

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    I strongly agree that there should be an OC law... why let the CHL owners have all the fun....
    Seriously though... I lived in Nevada for about 7 years and open carry was allowed there. You would be surprised how few people actually carried openly, except when out in the desert. When you can do it its no longer a big deal.

Top Bottom