• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • or.slacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    US
    I'll take the free stamp, and while waiting for the paperwork, I'll remove the brace so I become compliant. No SBR trap.... my picture will be with the brace not attached.
    Guns International

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I'll take the free stamp, and while waiting for the paperwork, I'll remove the brace so I become compliant. No SBR trap.... my picture will be with the brace not attached.
    I think the tax deferral is only for those who have already attached a brace. They will want the photo of your firearm WITH the brace attached. Someone tell me I'm wrong.

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Not everyone. I carry a 300BO in a bag, most of the time, especially when I'm out with my wife and kids. I'm leaving the brace on and I won't be registering any of my other 7 or so pistols, or pistol conversion kits. I'm done. My wife and I had a serious conversation years ago. We will no longer abide by any further gun opinions/rules/laws whether it's from congress or the atf. Do I fear legal repercussions? No, not really. Do I think it's possible I will be found out? Yes, but unlikely, and should that day come, I am prepared to deal with it.

The way I see it is this. With all of our rights being trampled on these days, and surely worse to come, when does abiding by immoral and unconstitutional laws stop meaning you're a good citizen and start meaning you're a coward and a willing slave to a tyrannical body of power hungry, evil men? You have to draw the line somewhere and that very serious and sad conversation my wife and I had, established and defined that line. I will be passive where I am treated passively and I will react to violence with violence.

After that line was drawn, I've not really had to face decisions like this, until now. This is the first true test of my being resolute, concerning that line and I can confidently say that I will prove to have a spine. I pray I am simply left alone to enjoy my rights with my family. My family, being the key to the principle. Should I abandon the principle for something as simple as having a piece of plastic on a firearm that I am rightfully and legally allowed to own and carry, then clearly I would never be brave enough to stand up to tyranny in the protection of their rights in any other situation. And so I stand behind that line and against this unjust "ruling", with a stern intent to not comply.

Pray for me. I'm serious. Pray that I'm left alone, pray that our nation does a one eighty and repairs our broken system, pray for anyone else who will be taking the position I am taking, pray for our enemies - the men and women who have joined entities that require them to take an oath that those entities make impossible to uphold, pray for our enemies - the men and women who with clear minds intend to enslave and subjugate us, pray for the fallen men and women who've died in war protecting rights that we find easy to surrender due to our obsession with comfort and our pride of life, pray for yourselves - those of you who lack the courage to draw that line and stand ready and willing to defend what's on your side of that line, and most importantly, pray for our children and the coming generations, that they will have the rights we enjoyed and not because they did what we couldn't and fought to reclaim them, but because we -their fathers and grandfathers refused, with every drop of blood in our bodies, to forfeit them.

God bless you all and yours, God bless our great republic of Texas, and God help these United States of America.
    The question comes, then, is how far will you go and what is your resolve. It sounds like you're willing to die on the hill of "I won't comply with the pistol brace/SBR" thing. Of course, "shall not be infringed" also should cover machine guns. Will you also convert some guns to machine guns? Or is that too illegal? What about taxes? Many people think taxes are theft. Will you stop paying taxes?

I'm not saying any of this to badger you or diminish your decision, but is it consistent or is it bloviating? And, worse, who will come to you defense when you get arrested? If you get charged with the felony of possession of an SBR after the amnesty period, how many of the people who give you a thumbs up on this board will come to your defense? Either with firepower or funding? And if you think they don't monitor this board where people openly defy their tyranny, then you're crazy. People worry about registration and then post in public forums about all of their transgressions.

I often say that about my neighbors, about being fractured. Sure, there's a lot of 2A stickers on the trucks. But when the ATF comes to raid my house for all of my toys, will they sit by and say "man, that sucks. Wonder what he did?" Probably. In fact, the ONLY time I can remember in my life that the citizen militia formed was for the Bundy ranch ordeal. The government came in strong and with a massive display of force, and the peasants with the muskets showed up and a stalemate ensued. Sure, the FBI with their machine guns and armored vehicles (and their F15s, lol) would have won, but they'd have lost a lot of people over what amounts to collecting a tax. And the FBI backed down, and pursued other channels. Name another time you've heard of the armed citizens coming together to say "not like this". And I'm not talking some bs Antifa BLM rally where cops shoot some criminal.

So you do you, but I hate to say that you'll be abandoned before the first shot is fired. Anyone thumbs down this remark and feel free to contribute the first dollar to his gofundme account and prove me wrong.

And if you think I'm in favor of registration, I'm not. Read my other posts. I think this is an opportunity for the ultimate backfire on ATF. This should be the fuel to say that SBRs are a commonplace item in America and they have proven that they are no great threat to society and therefore should be removed from the NFA. We thought these were pistols but ATF says they're no different than SBRs so therefore we have a decade of data to prove that they are no more dangerous than any other non-NFA item.

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    I think the tax deferral is only for those who have already attached a brace. They will want the photo of your firearm WITH the brace attached. Someone tell me I'm wrong.
    I think you're right. The tax waiver is ONLY for braced items, and they do require the picture. Furthermore, if you want the waiver and want it in a trust, you'll have to prove that it was in the trust prior to Jan 13. Otherwise, pay the $200. You can register it as an individual today and later Form 4 it to your trust...for $200 if you want. Yes, it's a money grab. No, it won't make kindergartens any safer. As for them knowing what you have, meh. Everyone with a registered machine gun (or guns) doesn't have a black van parked outside their house. I know someone who bought 45 silencers in 5 years. And somehow he's still walking free. If they come to take your toys, then the revolution is on anyway, right? You can be our Lexington.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Why are people claiming removing the brace makes it compliant?
    As TJ as pointed out, the way this thing is written anything not a rifle could be considered an SBR. Anything has the potential to be modified to be shouldered.

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    If anyone has charted that path, they don't seem to be publishing their map for us to follow along. Or I've just missed it.
    The path to battle for redefining in or out of the NFA: SBRs, Suppressors, new trigger designs, and even bump stocks will be lumpy and full of splits, back tracks, re-starts, and much mayhem. Courts are hard to predict as it is challenging to spot the lines that attract sufficient judicial review for our desired goals--and we pro-gun folks are probably on a couple different pages to muck up the works even more.

The path or plan is the counter or reversal of the path that the statists took us down to get to the current state of firearms regulations. We did not get here in one fell swoop, it was the death by a 1000 cuts strategy. The NFA, CGA68, various state laws, and then more and more.

But then a critical mass of opposition found effective voices. One son tells me it started in the First Person Shooter war games he played as a kid, The other son says it came out of the first Assault Weapons Ban which transformed the AR-15 platform from small volume to the largest selling platform in the country, or maybe it was folks like my daughter who want to be able to legally carry for self protection but there was point where people just got fed up. Me personally I see the pistol brace and associated NFA discussions as the path to being able to buy a legal full auto Thompson .45 with violin case cash and carry--for less money than a new to me used car.

Anyway, little steps, and some giant leaps, toward taking firearms rights back have started snowballing. We now have half the states with constitutional carry standards back in place. That started with the push for CCW/CHL permits on a shall issues basis. That also brought us Bruen and we are watching the chaotic way that is playing out in different states. I personally expect the forced reset trigger battles to gain more traction and maybe I am missing back story on that one. Bump-stocks are on an interesting and unexpected, by me, path right now in our 5th district. 3D printing of firearms appears to be an all over the place--and all over the world battle for gun rights. That one also involves the civil liberty of free speech.

The next battle that gains the most ground may not even be on the charts yet as reclaiming liberty appears to be a lumpy and hap-hazard adventure. FPC, GOA and other entities that are new and effective are making great strides. I need to write some more checks when I go through bills later this weekend.

Attachments

• CrazyPath.jpg
      CrazyPath.jpg
      32.3 KB · Views: 47

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The question comes, then, is how far will you go and what is your resolve. It sounds like you're willing to die on the hill of "I won't comply with the pistol brace/SBR" thing. Of course, "shall not be infringed" also should cover machine guns. Will you also convert some guns to machine guns? Or is that too illegal? What about taxes? Many people think taxes are theft. Will you stop paying taxes?

I'm not saying any of this to badger you or diminish your decision, but is it consistent or is it bloviating? And, worse, who will come to you defense when you get arrested? If you get charged with the felony of possession of an SBR after the amnesty period, how many of the people who give you a thumbs up on this board will come to your defense? Either with firepower or funding? And if you think they don't monitor this board where people openly defy their tyranny, then you're crazy. People worry about registration and then post in public forums about all of their transgressions.

I often say that about my neighbors, about being fractured. Sure, there's a lot of 2A stickers on the trucks. But when the ATF comes to raid my house for all of my toys, will they sit by and say "man, that sucks. Wonder what he did?" Probably. In fact, the ONLY time I can remember in my life that the citizen militia formed was for the Bundy ranch ordeal. The government came in strong and with a massive display of force, and the peasants with the muskets showed up and a stalemate ensued. Sure, the FBI with their machine guns and armored vehicles (and their F15s, lol) would have won, but they'd have lost a lot of people over what amounts to collecting a tax. And the FBI backed down, and pursued other channels. Name another time you've heard of the armed citizens coming together to say "not like this". And I'm not talking some bs Antifa BLM rally where cops shoot some criminal.

So you do you, but I hate to say that you'll be abandoned before the first shot is fired. Anyone thumbs down this remark and feel free to contribute the first dollar to his gofundme account and prove me wrong.

And if you think I'm in favor of registration, I'm not. Read my other posts. I think this is an opportunity for the ultimate backfire on ATF. This should be the fuel to say that SBRs are a commonplace item in America and they have proven that they are no great threat to society and therefore should be removed from the NFA. We thought these were pistols but ATF says they're no different than SBRs so therefore we have a decade of data to prove that they are no more dangerous than any other non-NFA item.
    <>

Individual resistance is pretty futile. Recall Randy Weaver.

If we are to resist SUCCESSFULLY, it must as a united citizen front, and with resolve !

leVieux

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Don't be surprised when the $200 waiver shows up next year to be included in your tax returns. Remember the stimulus checks that people had to pay back?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

From my memories of that era, and observations since, the “NFA” served only to harass legal citizen folks.

IMHO, zero good has come from it.

And, I’m not the only one who sees it as a gross violation of our 2A.

No one’s “opinion” should ever be allowed to over-ride our clearly worded Constitutional RIGHTS.

leVieux

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    To lighten the mood a bit, does anyone remember before braces where a thing and AR pistols came out we were all discussing if it would be legal to put the rubber feet off a walker or cane on the ends of the buffer tubes? Are we coming back to that?

Top Bottom