Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Has anyone seen any analysis of this rule vis-a-vis the Thompson Center case? That case pretty much established that as long as you start with a pistol, any pistol can be converted to a rifle and back again without restriction. However, I'm seeing statements peppered all over the place that seem to contradict this.
    Venture Surplus ad

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Has anyone seen any analysis of this rule vis-a-vis the Thompson Center case? That case pretty much established that as long as you start with a pistol, any pistol can be converted to a rifle and back again without restriction. However, I'm seeing statements peppered all over the place that seem to contradict this.

Haven't watched through yet, but am watching now.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The brainwashing has started. Notice something about a few of the ARs shown? AR pistols are only used by drug dealers! MMM, 'Kay!

Police: 2 arrested after drug bust in East Texas

1674262721560.png

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    At least the way it's currently written. Watch the embedded video. The way that the statutes are written, once your Form 1 (to build an SBR) processing has actually begun, the ATF has 83 days (IIRC - watch the video) to either approve or disapprove it. You cannot legally build or own an SBR until the Form 1 is approved. By submitting the Form 1 with photographic evidence that you already possess an unregistered SBR, you just announced that you are a felon! There are no statutory provisions for the ATF to NOT arrest you in this situation!

I read online that during 2022, the ATF processed around 50,000 Forms 1. There are an estimated 40 MILLION braced pistols in circulation. If only 5-10 million pistol owners submit a Form 1 to register their braced pistol as an SBR, how many years will it take all applications to be processed?

Remember, the government is NOT your friend!

Breaking ATF News!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I haven’t seem anything like that, but ATF has taken great pains in this ruling to state what you thought was a pistol was really an SBR, otherwise we wouldn’t be offering you the <small> opportunity to get right with the law without penalty.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Combine them if warranted. I ain't going to read 45+ pages in that other thread.

Yep.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

One paragraph consisting of 27 words summarizes it well.

The Second Amendment is a restriction upon state, not citizen.

It is the documentation of a natural right, not something granted by state.

state and its toadies can go straight to Hell on this one.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I haven’t seem anything like that, but ATF has taken great pains in this ruling to state what you thought was a pistol was really an SBR, otherwise we wouldn’t be offering you the <small> opportunity to get right with the law without penalty.
    After saying they weren't SBR's for 8 or 10 years and making them in common use... Really seems like AFT couldn't have fucked themselves worse by trying to **** us, but it remains to be seen what the courts will do, whether the DOJ will enforce the will of the courts or the executive, and whether anything will happen before we get fucked.

Touches on Thompson Center case at 9:47.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    So, at the end of the amnesty, a dealer that has braced pistols on the shelf will have to declare them, too. Then his pistols become SBR's. If he is not a Class III or SOT, he will be in violation because he has SBR's and he will be unable to sell them. Looks like a built in Gotcha for some dealers.

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    The truth of it is this. We all know that the pistol braces were an SBR loophole. They finally got wise to it. All you one armed vets using the brace, raise you hand. You're exempt. The rest of us two armed buggers, ya, we know what they really are. An SBR with a strip of velcro and no stamp.

The arugment should be made that this only proves that the wide spread usage of AR pistols that apparently really are SBRs are NOT a threat to the general public. 300,000 AR pistols (or braced pistols, to include AKs, MPX, etc) and maybe one or two were used illegally. Therefore, they're NOT a threat and they should be taken off the NFA.

So don't see this as a ban on pistols, and try to sue to have this reversed. Use their logic against them and make ALL SBRs non-NFA. We've proven they don't belong on the registry (2A, "make no laws" aside). Same for silencers.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Use their logic against them and make ALL SBRs non-NFA. We've proven they don't belong on the registry (2A, "make no laws" aside). Same for silencers.
    I wholeheartedly agree but I'm unable to see that many moves deep into the game.

If anyone has charted that path, they don't seem to be publishing their map for us to follow along. Or I've just missed it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom