• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I've been stopped by DPS - 3 times where I showed the license along w my DL. All asked if was carrying and then where it was & then cautioned me not to move toward the weapon. Another time, an SO motor cop waved the CHL away & said he didn't need to see it.
    DK Firearms

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I think most cops know you're much more likely to take their back than to draw on them, so they won't disarm you. I've only been disarmed once, but we were a couple of white guys driving through the black part of town with a dozen guns in the truck and an obvious rookie in training making the stop (which was legit, my front plate had fallen off). It was pretty obviously a training opportunity.

I predict that didn't happen in Burnet - they write no-plate tickets there.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I've been stopped by DPS - 3 times where I showed the license along w my DL. All asked if was carrying and then where it was & then cautioned me not to move toward the weapon. Another time, an SO motor cop waved the CHL away & said he didn't need to see it.

Most of the time they hand my CHL right back and say they don't need it. Decent cops usually know who the good guys are.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Most of the time they hand my CHL right back and say they don't need it. Decent cops usually know who the good guys are.

ALL of my "contacts" with any LEO has been good when I follow procedure and they do too. The best stop was when I was cooking down 121 on my bike and was pulled over by a DPS Officer in a white Mustang. The stop took some time as we stood and talked about bikes, guns and how awesome Texas is. This was before 121 was improved and I was speeding at 87mph. At the end he asked "So are you going to be late to where you are going?"..... I replied "Yes" he then said "Slow down and next time you won't be" ..... lol. Super nice guy. No ticket. He gave me his card but unfortunately I lost it over the years.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    ALL of my "contacts" with any LEO has been good when I follow procedure and they do too. The best stop was when I was cooking down 121 on my bike and was pulled over by a DPS Officer in a white Mustang. The stop took some time as we stood and talked about bikes, guns and how awesome Texas is. This was before 121 was improved and I was speeding at 87mph. At the end he asked "So are you going to be late to where you are going?"..... I replied "Yes" he then said "Slow down and next time you won't be" ..... lol. Super nice guy. No ticket. He gave me his card but unfortunately I lost it over the years.
    Sounds like the same trooper that pulled me over on my way to pick up my bike in Wylie, maybe the DFW troopers are just cool like that :shrugs
    (72 in a 65, no blinker on the trailer — no ticket)

Vehemence

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2014
    Cypress
    NOT normal, and absolute BS!

I was pulled over in Louisiana for going almost 90mph and the highway patrolman didn't even mention the fact that both my wife and I have CHL's, nor did he ask to see our guns or even where we had them... and that was out of state. (Though we did get a $280+! speeding ticket)

Having an officer point a loaded gun at you for no reason?! Wow.

Top Bottom