• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    It's been decades since I was pulled over by a cop so I can't relate. I don't know exactly how long it's been but it was before I came to Texas in 1992.

What got me stopped was that I drove a 1957 Ford Pick up with black primer that had turned a chalky grey. An LEO by the name of Stortts was shot in a traffic stop by a driver with an old, grey pickup. I got stopped with guns drawn and it happened a LOT over the course of a week or so. Finally, one of the cops gave me his card and I taped it to my rear window. I also put a sign in the window: "I am NOT the guy you're looking for!" Finally, it went away and life got back to normal.

I mention this because you may have been caught up in a similar situation. You don't know what that cop may have actually been looking for.

Flash

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    I think that we all can agree that the right of the police to protect the citizens and themselves does not override my right to keep and bear arms and go about my own business without being harassed. The sheeple are just as much to blame by becoming helpless, little sniveling snitches and reinforcing the belief that LE rules over us and that we are second class citizens. Constitutionally speaking, really, what gives a cop the right to put a gun to your head? I'll add, there was probably a time in the history of this country where such actions would have to result in some kind of duel or gunfight--someone would have to die--just to preserve honor.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think that we all can agree that the right of the police to protect the citizens and themselves does not override my right to keep and bear arms and go about my own business without being harassed.

The sheeple are just as much to blame by becoming helpless, little sniveling snitches and reinforcing the belief that LE rules over us and that we are second class citizens.

Constitutionally speaking, really, what gives a cop the right to put a gun to your head? I'll add, there was probably a time in the history of this country where such actions would have to result in some kind of duel or gunfight--someone would have to die--just to preserve honor.

I know it's a waste of time, but what the hell.

To the first part. That is just an off the wall comment insinuating that we don't had that right be a use of police. Who said we don't have that right? Please be more specific and if you give an example, something other than an isolated in exempt would be good.

The second part is just a rant about "sheeple" and another insinuation that LE and or "sheeple" believe we are second class citizens. There is no evidence that this is a widespread belief. You are simply attempting to apply this attitude to LE in general.

Last part. There are many situations I can think of where it would be prudent for a cop to point his gun at someone, head or body. As far as the right to do so, I suppose it would be the same as the part that gives you the right to protect yourself or another person. You do believe you have the right to protect someone, right?

So some cops screw up, and some are screw ups, and so e are pricks. Got people like that at my job to but the vast majority do not fit those categories( guess everybody will screw up at some point) and I don't consider everybody I work with to be a prick because a couple people are.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    As far as why cops can be so defensive on a traffic stop, considering that in 1999 that's where over half of all the line of duty deaths occurred, it makes sense to be cautious.

That said, the officer from the OP was way overboard.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    To be honest no. I wasn't looking to in the first place it's pointless there I didn't think this many people would reply just wondered if it happened to anyone else.

That being said it's a 6-8 person police force they don't and won't do anything about it I lived there over a year. They wouldn't even open the door when I tried to talk to them about almost running me over, doing doughnuts in my yard, and tried to report an officer harassing me for being in my own driveway weekly sometimes more.

I'm better off talking to a wall honestly.

sent from the bathroom

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Yes, I read your post but still, a little reminder ...

AKMike, sounds like a position I wouldn't want to be in. Glad things didn't go sideways. Might be worth it to put in a formal complaint so that it is documented. Never know when an incident will occur from that LEO behavior & procedure that documented history will matter

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Guess I should add this guy wasn't there when I lived in that neighborhood. So it's not something from the other problems I had with them.

Like I said it's not a normal police department(city/county) it's a very small group of buddies that wouldn't dare punish their own. They patrol a ONE neighborhood that skirts a feeder on 45 and FM 830.

sent from the bathroom

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    CMRRR letter. Not trying to bust ya but your making excuses. I'll do my best to leave it at that.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I'm not hurt or dead and was never scared for my life just thought it was odd.

sent from the bathroom

Last edited:

TAVM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Wow. I didn't read through the entire thread, but interesting response from the LEO. I understand that traffic stops are scary, because an LEO is dealing with possibly a very dangerous situation. But most seasoned LEO's generally have a good sense of who is going to be a threat almost before anything happens. There's always indicators. So it's surprising that he'd draw on you, polite or not. It's kind of like the polite robber on you tube. mo matter how cordial you are...you're still pointing a gun at me for no good reason.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Guess I should add this guy wasn't there when I lived in that neighborhood. So it's not something from the other problems I had with them.

Like I said it's not a normal police department(city/county) it's a very small group of buddies that wouldn't dare punish their own. They patrol a ONE neighborhood that skirts a feeder on 45 and FM 830.
    So, Panorama Village PD? Thanks for finally giving up that info - I'd really like to know which departments employ officers that point loaded weapons at CHL holders during traffic stops. I don't care if they're just a handful of good ol' boys patrolling a neighborhood - they're fully commissioned peace officers with the same duties and responsibilities as any other LEO and should conduct themselves as professionals.

What, you didn't think this was big deal - just a little odd? Are you f***ing kidding me?! You've even got TXI, of all people, thinking this cop was out of line. You're probably sorry you brought it up, but it really is a good thing you did. People need to know about cops like this.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    As far as why cops can be so defensive on a traffic stop, considering that in 1999 that's where over half of all the line of duty deaths occurred, it makes sense to be cautious.

That said, the officer from the OP was way overboard.

Uhhh, whoever told you that was wrong.

Law Enforcement Line of Duty Deaths in 1999

Even assuming all 57 of the violent deaths that year happened at traffic stops (no... obviously), more cops died from on the job heart attacks (that's a shockingly high number) and traffic accidents (60 total). In fact by those stats, accidental deaths were more common than violent ones in 1999 and the crime rate (and death by gunfire rate among cops) has only gone down since then.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    So, Panorama Village PD? Thanks for finally giving up that info - I'd really like to know which departments employ officers that point loaded weapons at CHL holders during traffic stops. I don't care if they're just a handful of good ol' boys patrolling a neighborhood - they're fully commissioned peace officers with the same duties and responsibilities as any other LEO and should conduct themselves as professionals.

What, you didn't think this was big deal - just a little odd? Are you f***ing kidding me?! You've even got TXI, of all people, thinking this cop was out of line. You're probably sorry you brought it up, but it really is a good thing you did. People need to know about cops like this.

by saying its not a normal department I just meant its a small office with a few guys they don't have people to go complain to like a normal PD its them and that's pretty much it.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Yeah I know what you mean. I dont hassle them if I got pulled over I most likely did something, and being kind has gotten me way farther than anyone I know who acts like a prick to them.

I agree he went overboard, but can also see that being such a small department where nothing happens maybe he got excited, and went over the line. At the same time I almost cant blame him with some of the crazy folks in this world you cant really trust anyone. I tried to look at it from both sides, like I said before Im not out to start anything just curious if anyone else had experienced it. Im kind of weird I guess but I didn't feel threatened really I get the guy wants to go home at night, but I figured it wasnt a normal situation either.

Then you deserve it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom