Not open for further replies.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    And a meteor could strike him too. Could happen.

Of course if he is coming across I40, there ain't much to rob out there around the border... ;)
    Yes a meteor could strike him but that is an extremely far fetched comparison to anything I mentioned. Violent felonies taking place in the area, or the police seeking out a violent felon in the area (even in a remote area because felons drive too) are much more likely to be happening at any given time that someone decides to stand on the side of the road for a photo op with a rifle. Just one (1) 911 call, would be enough for police to respond as if it was a potential felony. Add to that any of many other situations in which the police may have just been involved or in which they are still involved and the potential for risk to the guy who posed with the rifle increase greatly.

That the reason you are being stopped is an unknown (even if you were speeding, you could be getting stopped for a completely different reason such as your vehicle is the same as or very similar to a fleeing felon's) is why when I am stopped by law enforcement for anything: I stop the car, open the driver's window, turn off the car, have my wallet out and open so they can see the LTC and immediately know I am armed (or have my driver's license out), and keep my hands wide open fingers spread wide over the top of the steering wheel as they approach. If they come on too fast for me to get that all done, my hands always go atop the steering wheel as I mentioned, I want them to see my hands and that they are empty. Of course, if they give me a command like "police, don't move" then I do not move. If they tell me to get out, if they ask for my license I tell them there it is on my dashboard top (or in whichever pocket) - should I give it to you. First though, I always tell the officer, I am legally armed, if I am armed or have guns in the car and tell them where the guns are located. It does not matter if it is in the middle of no-man's land in west Texas or in a big city because for all I know they are stopping me believing I just shot a cop or a child or did some other heinous crime. I was stopped several times back when working, usually alone, by police who saw the only white guy driving around a minority neighborhood at 0300 or becasue I was driving 90 mph trying to catch up with a mobile surveillance after a pit stop or because someone called 911 when they spotted me watching an area close to a school or near their house when on a stationary surveillance. I never knew for sure why they were stopping me but I can say without a doubt never once did a meteorite ever come close to me.

Next post, looking at it from the officer's view.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    FP002.jpeg
    FP002.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant