• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Kudos to the Boston resident who discovered the 19 year old bomber in the boat out in the back yard. Police presence kept the guy hiding but the person who had the guts to go out and check for themselves "saved" the day.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    From what I've read, yes. Received their citizenship a year or two back.

That makes this very disturbing.

This is not some battlefield in the middle east, this is an American citizen arrested in Boston. Extremely bad precedent being set here.

Feds Make Miranda Rights Exception for Marathon Bombing Suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev - ABC News
    Feds Make Miranda Rights Exception for Marathon Bombing Suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev

Now that authorities have captured Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the 19-year-old believed to be the second suspect in the bombings at the Boston Marathon on Monday, federal law enforcement officials are invoking the public safety exception regarding his Miranda rights, a senior Justice Department official told ABC News.
    The exception, according to the FBI‘s website, “permits law enforcement to engage in a limited and focused unwarned interrogation and allows the government to introduce the statement as direct evidence.”
    “Police officers confronting situations that create a danger to themselves or others may ask questions designed to neutralize the threat without first providing a warning of rights,” according to the FBI.

Anticipating that Tsarnaev may be in a condition to be questioned, expect the activation of the president’s High-Value Detainee Interrogation Group (HIG).
    The group, set up in 2009, is made up of agents from the FBI, CIA and the Defense Intelligence Agency. They have been on standby waiting for the moment the suspect was taken in.
    According to the FBI, the HIG’s “mission is to gather and apply the nation’s best resources to collect intelligence from key terror suspects in order to prevent terrorist attacks against the United States and its allies.”

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Then I did hear it right, TKS.

So, pricks #1 and #2 are US citizens? I thought they were students from that other country (that I can't spell).

I think that I heard prick#2 was granted political asylum...which I understand made him eligible for welfare and all it's benefits immediately ....no waiting for anything. So we were paying for all his needs, housing ,school, food ect.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    That makes this very disturbing.

This is not some battlefield in the middle east, this is an American citizen arrested in Boston. Extremely bad precedent being set here.

Feds Make Miranda Rights Exception for Marathon Bombing Suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev - ABC News

Not really a precedent. It's been setup before.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=us&vol=467&invol=649

Also, the consensus seems to be.

Citizens [of the United States] who associate themselves with the military arm of the enemy government, and with its aid, guidance, and direction enter this country bent on hostile acts are enemy belligerents within the meaning of the Hague Convention and the law of war.32
    - Chief Justice Harlan Fiske Stone, Ex Parte Quirin

http://www6.miami.edu/ethics/jpsl/archives/papers/interarma.html

So, they can get away with doing what they want.

Last edited:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Before i post the following, heres a disclaimer: I have nothing but respect and admiration for law enforcement officials and uniformed men that keep our country safe.

With that said, how on earth does a group of officers unload 300 rounds on 2 men, only to kill one of them and let one get away? And then a whole days worth of searching leads to no where until some lady calls in a tip??

And the one who didn't get away, there's a nasty wound on him that's pretty definitely from one of the bombs him and/or his brother tried throwing at police (going off the leaked morgue picture).

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Then their only legal option is to give him a military trial as a traitor. Going to be a hard argument for that one, since there's not legally a war on right now...

Taking shortcuts never is the right way. Declare the war or don't do it.

No, according to NDAA 2012 they can hold him indefinitely without trial of any kind.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Also, the consensus seems to be.

Citizens [of the United States] who associate themselves with the military arm of the enemy government, and with its aid, guidance, and direction enter this country bent on hostile acts are enemy belligerents within the meaning of the Hague Convention and the law of war.32
    - Chief Justice Harlan Fiske Stone, Ex Parte Quirin

So, they can get away with doing what they want.

So that is known about these guys? Not reported on any media that they were associated with the military arm of a enemy government, or any of the other things.

I have read about the rape and the missing gun case where it was upheld. I think it may be going a bit far, or has the possibility of going too far.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    So that is known about these guys? Not reported on any media that they were associated with the military arm of a enemy government, or any of the other things.

The man in charge of making that determination has extreme trouble with the truth. I don't think it has to be known when you can make up facts to suit your case.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Unconstitutional, but that hasn't stopped anything lately.

What, you don't remember giving up your 6th amendment rights? Where you been? Lol. The whole city of Boston gave up their 4th amendment today.

Guess they could have launched a drone attack on the boat also if they wanted.......................

That's the rabbit hole they want to send us down.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Hey, on the bright side, the police didn't shoot any innocent people while on this manhunt. The same could not be said for LAPD when they were hunting for Dorner.

cool-runnings-slow-clap.gif

Top Bottom