• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I have been praying daily for rain. Not just in the state of Texas, but throughout the south and southwest where drought conditions have existed, in some places, for years. I happened upon this prayer, and invite all of you so inclined to use it as a reference. If you are like me, you sometimes know what you want to pray for, but have trouble finding the words.

“Dear God, we cry to You to send rains to the parched lands of Texas. Lord, the rains have been withheld and our fields are becoming like a dust bowl and Lord. there is not a single cloud in the sky. And yet, You are God and You are the one who poured out rain on the land, when Elijah prayed. Like Elijah, we come to You Lord, and pray that You would send clouds with an abundance of rain, for the land is dying and we are in great need.

Lord, our hope is in You and our trust is in You. Without You Lord, we could not survive in this land and we know and acknowledge this fact, and so we cry out together for You to hear our prayers for rains to drench the earth and bring new life to a land that is thirsty and arid.

Forgive us Lord, for the times that we have not thanked You for Your ongoing provision, but do not hold that to our account, for You have promised to send water to the earth in due season and so we look to You Lord, we look to You, for our hope is in You alone, for we have no one to help us apart from You. In Jesus' name,

Amen.”

Source: https://prayer.knowing-jesus.com/Prayers-for-Rain#1033
    Military Camp

Last edited:

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I have been praying daily for rain. Not just in the state of Texas, but throughout the south and southwest where drought conditions have existed, in some places, for years. I happened upon this prayer, and invite all of you so inclined to use it as a reference. If you are like me, you sometimes know what you want to pray for, but have trouble finding the words.

“Dear God, we cry to You to send rains to the parched lands of Texas. Lord, the rains have been withheld and our fields are becoming like a dust bowl and Lord. there is not a single cloud in the sky. And yet, You are God and You are the one who poured out rain on the land, when Elijah prayed. Like Elijah, we come to You Lord, and pray that You would send clouds with an abundance of rain, for the land is dying and we are in great need.

Lord, our hope is in You and our trust is in You. Without You Lord, we could not survive in this land and we know and acknowledge this fact, and so we cry out together for You to hear our prayers for rains to drench the earth and bring new life to a land that is thirsty and arid.

Forgive us Lord, for the times that we have not thanked You for Your ongoing provision, but do not hold that to our account, for You have promised to send water to the earth in due season and so we look to You Lord, we look to You, for our hope is in You alone, for we have no one to help us apart from You. In Jesus' name,

Amen.”

AMEN.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I was proud to have one of my young boys actually ask for rain during our nightly prayers a couple nights ago all on his own.

Sometimes you would think they are reading from psalms the way they get going. It makes a guy smile.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I was proud to have one of my young boys actually ask for rain during our nightly prayers a couple nights ago all on his own.

Sometimes you would think they are reading from psalms the way they get going. It makes a guy smile.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
    I’m sure it does! That’s great! You must/should be proud!

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania

Amen.”

AMEN!

Top Bottom