• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reelthrill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Round Rock
    @YoungGun, not sweating the price, but I will look for a deal. I have the pennies saved for the gun, hence my interest in the thread. I don't however have the pennies for the optics quite yet. However, my commission check in May could solve that obstacle. So I have time to look for a deal/sale/offer, and do my research. I would hate to buy the gun now and have it just sit in the gun safe. I might then be tempted to take on debt to get the optics, and I am just too fiscally conservative to do that.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    @YoungGun, not sweating the price, but I will look for a deal. I have the pennies saved for the gun, hence my interest in the thread. I don't however have the pennies for the optics quite yet. However, my commission check in May could solve that obstacle. So I have time to look for a deal/sale/offer, and do my research. I would hate to buy the gun now and have it just sit in the gun safe.

best get it now Bigun...................they could get banned by then..... :green:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    To recap what we/I have learned from this thread. Recommendations are like a$$hole$, everyone has them (I mean that in a positive way; not meant to be a flame on anyone). The guns that came back as people like, enjoy, and would recommend are listed below, and I included a quick search of prices. Highlighting prices is in no way an endorsement of any source, just a quick look to gauge potential spend amount on popular gun selling sites.

M&P10 (1,400-1,500 Gun Broker), (~1,300 Buds)
    Colt 901 (~2,000 Gun Broker), (~2,000 Buds)
    DPMS LR-308 [a lot of variations exist] (~1,100 and up ), (~1,100 Buds)
    Sig 716 (~2,000 Gun Broker), (~2,000 Buds)
    Armalite NM (~2,500 Gun Broker), (~2,000 Buds)
    POF P308 (~2,500 Gun Broker), (~2,200 - 2,500 Buds)
    DPMS Panther [a lot of variations] (~1,000 Gun Broker) (750 - 1,000ish Buds)

There may be better deals to be had, but I just wanted a quick look for reference. In doing my further research, I personally am looking deeper into the POF, Armalite, and Sig. I am looking to get into target shooting at 200 - 600 yards with this gun.

For the money shot: AR-10(T)<SUP>TM</sup> RIFLE

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    I just shot my AR10 National Match for the first time and it will put bullets on top of each other right out of the box. You can get one for right around $2100 delivered. 600 yards sub MOA with this rifle is a no brainer.

Spending more money wont make you a better shooter.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I just shot my AR10 National Match for the first time and it will put bullets on top of each other right out of the box. You can get one for right around $2100 delivered. 600 yards sub MOA with this rifle is a no brainer.

I cannot find the AR 10 NM on the ArmaLite site, AR 10 T and AR 10 SASS, can you provide a link? I was under the impression its not longer called that, but rather its the AR 10T????

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    On the Armalite site, they are listed under the AR10B link

Davenportguns.com has them in stock it looks like i got the last one cheap. The price is now 175 more than I paid for mine.

the only difference between the SASS and the NM is the stock, adjustable gas block and a black coating on the stainless barrel.

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    link no workie......(for me any way :banghead:)

• Manufacturer: Armalite
    •SKU 10A4BNMF | Model # 10A4BNMF
    • Caliber: 308
    • Barrel_Length: 20"
    • Twist: 1:10
    • Muzzle Device: Flash Suppresor
    • Sights: Adj. - Post | None
    • Trigger Type: 2 Stage (NM)
    • Length: 41" Weight: 11.50 lbs.
    • Accuracy: 1 MOA @ 100 Yds
    http://www.davenportguns.com/semi-automatic-rifles.php• Price: $2249.00 SALE PRICE

AR-10 BLACK NATIONAL MATCH
    In one of the best kept secrets of National Match history, the Army Marksmanship Unit has been shooting AMU-built National Match grade AR-10's for the past two years. Their work has culminated with the acceptance of the Armalite AR-10NM for use "across the board" in NRA service rifle competition. The result is the new Armalite AR-10NM rifle. Superbly accurate, this rifle is ready for long distance match domination. Equipped with Armalite's National Match two-stage trigger, matched receiver's extended elevation NM sights installed into Armalite detachable sight bases, and Armalite exclusive stainless steel match barrel matted to Armalite's MIL STD 1913 free float rail handguard.
    ffl-notice.png

Semi Automatic Rifles

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

So why didn't ha get the $1200 DPMS?

Nobody said money buys skill, but some rifles are more accurate than others.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    thank ye kindly

TWO things about that rifle. The "B" model will NOT accept DPMS / Magpul Mags. If your like me and do not have a closet full of semi 308 and need this design then it won't matter. If it does matter then you'll want to look at an "A" model SASS. Second, the National Match ARmalite is an ohlala friggin rifle bro! damn!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If you are spending that much, just buy a SCAR 17. It is anything but an AR10, but a hell of a rifle.
    Well, if alternate suggestions are being entertained, I'll put in my $0.02.

Never shoot a SIG AMT. They are idiotically expensive and the basic accessories are not just idiotically but stratospherically priced. Nevertheless, you'll covet one for the rest of your life and no matter what other .308 self-loader you own, you'll always have that nagging thought in the back of your mind "Yeah, this is a nice rifle, but it sure ain't an AMT."

I really wish I'd never shot one when I was a kid. That guy at the range who thought he was being nice to the kid who was interested in his rifle? May he rot in hell for making me want something I'll never have.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    TWO things about that rifle. The "B" model will NOT accept DPMS / Magpul Mags. If your like me and do not have a closet full of semi 308 and need this design then it won't matter. If it does matter then you'll want to look at an "A" model SASS. Second, the National Match ARmalite is an ohlala friggin rifle bro! damn!
    that's the stuff I am needing to familiarize myself with, don't want a rifle that is hard to find readily available mags for.........the National Match ARmalite does look & sound like a dandy!!!!

knc1105

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    I have (3) DPMS and all 3 have been flawless. 1 is a SASS 18" and the other two are 20" one is a heavy fluted barrel and the other is a DPMS Classic which was a HBAR 20" barrel that we replaced the non-free float handguard with a Carbon Fiber one and a small gas block. But that last rifle before Sandy Hook was $909 on Gun Broker. The SASS shoots 1/8-1/4 MOA from a sled with either my handloads or Gold Metal Match. The other two 20" shoot 3/8-1/2" under same laboratory conditions, with Rock River triggers, lapped rings and good glass. I am sure all the brands mentioned would be fine so buy what you want and your wallet can stand.

Top Bottom