• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    that's the stuff I am needing to familiarize myself with, don't want a rifle that is hard to find readily available mags for.........the National Match ARmalite does look & sound like a dandy!!!!

The "B" model is extremely easy to find mags for. I have (1) 10 rounder (1) 5 (2) 25 (20) 20's. I bought all of these from a variety of vendors over the years but the bulk of the 20's came from ARmalite in bulk pack sales specials. Terribly easy to find and buy. ARmalite made the change since they were losing a few sales over some keyboard bullies raising hell over it. Not sure why anyone would want a 19 round DPMS mag in their ARmalite but whatever. I do get the Magpul fad but have never handle one of their 308 mags.

Glock has had their propitiatory design on mags and has had no bitch back about them at $20 a pop. The ARmalite mags are $25 a pop and are four times the size and all metal lol. Amazing to me what grown men will whine and moan about :(

If it gets to you that much the "A" model has the design to take all of the other mags. Its just a matter of choice.

Read up for yourself AR-10® 20-round GEN II magazine 5 pack
    DK Firearms

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    I shot the NM again tonight. Using a sand sock and bipod, the open groups were still under 1moa. If I do my job, this thing puts rounds on top of each other. I am shooting M118LR.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have (3) DPMS and all 3 have been flawless. 1 is a SASS 18" and the other two are 20" one is a heavy fluted barrel and the other is a DPMS Classic which was a HBAR 20" barrel that we replaced the non-free float handguard with a Carbon Fiber one and a small gas block. But that last rifle before Sandy Hook was $909 on Gun Broker. The SASS shoots 1/8-1/4 MOA from a sled with either my handloads or Gold Metal Match. The other two 20" shoot 3/8-1/2" under same laboratory conditions, with Rock River triggers, lapped rings and good glass. I am sure all the brands mentioned would be fine so buy what you want and your wallet can stand.

How many shots were in those groups?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Just got this from PSA, "Build Your .308 for Less"

23h3wnm.jpg

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    On the Armalite site, they are listed under the AR10B link

Davenportguns.com has them in stock it looks like i got the last one cheap. The price is now 175 more than I paid for mine.

the only difference between the SASS and the NM is the stock, adjustable gas block and a black coating on the stainless barrel.
    Thanks...HARD to keep up with them they are releasing so many new guns now that they are under new owners...

TKG

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    There's a few proprietary parts on the PSA's, but nothing too much of a deal breaker for me. Most of the complaints I read about them (I read a lot before I bought mine) are about the lowers not fitting on the older style DMPS rail heights. They were designed for the newer GII platform, but if you're planning on using PSA parts, it's a moot point.

I haven't had a chance to try mine out since I swapped all the parts, but so far, everything looks good, just need to find an ammo it likes. I went through 3 boxes of ammo before I tore into it and didn't have any issues.

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    Getting the extra length would help with longer range, as in past 500 yards. The bullets will still fly beyond that, but you would need to dial in more elevation with the shorter barrel. If you are only shooting out to 300 yards, it doesnt matter.

Mac7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2015
    South of Dallas
    I am new here, I searched for the DPMS LRT SASS, this and one other thread cam up. I do not see any references made to the gun I SASS, I was wondering if anyone here has any direct experience with one? I have one and have only put five rounds through it. It has a sightron scope on it for the time being, I am really only looking to be accurate to about 500 to 600 yards. Thanks

Top Bottom