• Poll closed .

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    For the love of God PLEASE don't call it "Prepping." "Survivalism" is a much better term for those in the lifestyle who actually know what they're doing.

Don't care what its called. I would like to hear from Texans what they do to stock or create ways to sustain life in an emergency. Water/food/security/first aid - all of this is far different here than it is in other places. Most notably Texans are far more resilient and resourceful.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Don't care what its called. I would like to hear from Texans what they do to stock or create ways to sustain life in an emergency. Water/food/security/first aid - all of this is far different here than it is in other places. Most notably Texans are far more resilient and resourceful.

We also have many more types of disasters to plan for than others places.

Hurricanes, floods, wild fires, and drought to name a few. Then there are also the possibilities of riots and other man made stupidity in the urban areas.

Some may take simply steps to prepare and others may have supplies to last 90 days but everyone can take something from someone else's plan and use it to make themselves a little more prepared, even if it's just to be more comfortable in case the power goes out overnight when it's 30* outside.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I learned most of my short term survival and first aid from the military and hiking. That being said, it was by no means all encompassing and predicated on getting back to "the rear" quickly to get resupplied or real medical care in an emergency.

A lot of my preparations are around trying to prevent bad outcomes. Like wearing some sort of eye protection all the time, because if you get an eye injury in a long term emergency situation you are in trouble and greatly reduced in ability.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    How about instead we have a For Sale board for preppers to sell their stuff? Probably would be the best source anywhere for .22LR ammo.

ArmyZach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Joshua

I was also confused by the post hole digger in the picture, I mean no holes are being dug.
    Then I realized that the post hole digger makes your legs look bigger.
    Actually, I'm not concerned with your legs or post hole digger. I just wanted to pile on and reply to your post. And you have a cool rain barrel.

Top Bottom