ARJ Defense ad

Prepping... wondering how many other people here do it on a continual basis.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMATT199

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Magnolia,tx
    I like to think of it as a hobby. My wife considers herself a prepper. We have started all the projects, food, water, medical supplies, and my favorite guns and ammo. Next big project is my under ground bunker.

I am not prepping for SHTF. I am peparing for unemployment , natural disaster,trucker strike, etc.....

BE PREPARED!!!

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    I like to think of it as a hobby. My wife considers herself a prepper. We have started all the projects, food, water, medical supplies, and my favorite guns and ammo. Next big project is my under ground bunker.

I am not prepping for SHTF. I am peparing for unemployment , natural disaster,trucker strike, etc.....

BE PREPARED!!!

Exactly. Priority one was getting to a short term sustainability, whether SHTF or income just gets tight from lack of employment (or inflation). Next is getting land and learning on how to be self sufficient with gardening/crops, small livestock, etc. Regardless of the state of the economy, I would rather do this and be less dependent on needing corporations and government to provide things for me. If I can do this when times are good, I'll be a lot better off if times are bad, and I'll save money in the mean time.

The thing I've been failing at is water. You instantly think about food, guns/ammo, medical, blah blah blah. Fact is, water should be much higher (if not highest) on the list. I think it's just easy for us to assume there will be plenty to go around no matter what.

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.

BE PREPARED!!!

Exactly!

I would love to have an underground -Bunker/Storm Shelter/Storage area. I'm too old and fat to dig however.

Brad

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Hard to prep in a college apartment setting. Once I get moved, I plan to start prepping food. The thing I'm working on now is a first aid kit.

Also, I want to learn to how actually process meat. I've no idea how to skin an animal or anything like that.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I did my first "prepping" today. (At least I think its the first one.) I bought some 50 cal ammo cans, and created a couple stash boxes. I put 100 rds of each of the calibers I shoot, along with an empty mag for a couple of guns in each of the cans. I plan to find a good spot for each of them, kind of hidden from view.

[been watching too much Doomsday Preppers I guess]

Strelok

Ста́лкер
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Balcones Fault
    No matter if you live in an Apartment, Trailer, RV or House...
    Everyone should have a Bug-Out and a Bug-In Bag. You make
    a Bug-In Bag to carry with you to work, going out, whatever usually
    keeping it in your vehicle. It should have 3 days of food and other survival
    supplies to sustain you until you can get Home. The Bug-Out back is the opposite.
    It's what you keep at Home and should be a larger and more extensive stocked bag that
    you take to escape with when you have to evacuate with more food, water and other gear.

These two items other than your weapons are a minimum requirement for Doomsday Prepping.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    No matter if you live in an Apartment, Trailer, RV or House...
    Everyone should have a Bug-Out and a Bug-In Bag. You make
    a Bug-In Bag to carry with you to work, going out, whatever usually
    keeping it in your vehicle. It should have 3 days of food and other survival
    supplies to sustain you until you can get Home. The Bug-Out back is the opposite.
    It's what you keep at Home and should be a larger and more extensive stocked bag that
    you take to escape with when you have to evacuate with more food, water and other gear.

These two items other than your weapons are a minimum requirement for Doomsday Prepping.

Also, if you are a female, be sure to practice walking 11 miles through Downtown Houston, at night, by yourself, to get to your truck

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    Now that we are on the subject, any reccomendations on water purification tablets? I've heard that porta aqua tablets are pretty good.

CplHudson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Texas
    Exactly!

I would love to have an underground -Bunker/Storm Shelter/Storage area. I'm too old and fat to dig however.

Brad
    i just got a bumper pull travel trailer, it sleeps 10 people and its got affordable payments. hopefully the dealer can and will deliver it for me since i dont own a truck YET :) its not completely self sufficient but the genny will power everything on it. the folks at exploreusa did a awesome job getting the deal done

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    The katadyn water filters are awesome a bit pricey but well worth it.

Yep, I have the Vario and the charcoal filter will take out the iodine taste so the kids will actually drink it. I use both tabs and filter; a kid w/ diarrhea on a camping trip makes for a shitty situation (pun intended).

Pump action713

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Houston
    Well if shtf you'll be sound to have back up for your loved ones. I think this is what matters most. Family first that's how I see it I don't care if they think ima kook cause in an emergency it won't be so bad cause of me.

Top Bottom