Target Sports

Prepping... wondering how many other people here do it on a continual basis.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I bought a great first aid kit. It has the normal stuff along with trauma stuff too. The only thing missing is suture stuff. I couldn't find it anywhere. Is suture gear illegal to own? Usually if you can't find it, you are not supposed to have it.

Maybe from a vet supply?

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I can see that. I hope I never use it, but would like it if available for my SHTF bag. Dire emergency stuff.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Worked for a vet years ago and assisted in surgery on critters. I think I could do needlepoint again in an emergency.

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    You can buy suture kits, surgical staplers, as well as removal kits on Amazon. Just do a search on "suture kit". Just be aware that there is more to suturing then just knowing how to sew. You can greatly increase the chance of infection if not done properly. If you are determined to add sutures, you may also wish to look into lidocaine powder.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    You can buy suture kits, surgical staplers, as well as removal kits on Amazon. Just do a search on "suture kit". Just be aware that there is more to suturing then just knowing how to sew. You can greatly increase the chance of infection if not done properly. If you are determined to add sutures, you may also wish to look into lidocaine powder.

Good info. I'll check into all that.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    you may also wish to look into lidocaine powder.
    vizzini_the_iocaine_powder_defense.jpg

Texasslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    houston
    In all seriousness keep a week or so supply then head out and find folk like ya'll. I'll trade gems and precious stones for survival skills and supplies

Texpacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Central Texas
    For me personally, I don't see the need for hoarding food and supplies. Whenever Cam asks me for my opinion on a certain "prep" item, I lie and tell him that he needs to order twice as much as he originally thought. Besides not having to worry about space and storage for all that shit, my bugout bag stays light because it only has to get me from my house to his. :)
    My strategy too, know who has it and where.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I prep like an extended hunting trip. In sizes. Light, med, heavy.

Light; basic compass, light, one 25rd mag, Benchmade knife, rifle. What I'am wearing at the time.

Medium; Adds 200rds-1000rds(22lr) ammo, camouflage clothes, camel pak, and scope(to interchange between red dot). Heavy duty boots. Bino's, hiking light and flashlight, gloves. sunglasses.

Heavy; adds sleeping bag, bivy cover, pad, water filter, rain gear. Jar of peanut butter, spoon and fork. Butane torch, zip ties, sewing kit(braided fishing line and big needles) Face razor, toothbrush, hair clippers. Tackle for a catfish throw line. Limb trimmers, small fiskers axe. Knife sharpner and small pelican box. Underware and socks. Med kit with extra feet blister aids. 2 big chunks off a fake fireplace log. Glock, 2mags in and on a m9 holster on the leg. 1000+ 22lr rounds. As much as you can carry in a pelican case of the size you pick. LOTS of zip lock frezzer bags. $50 in $5's.

All this fits a patrol pak or ruk sack. With a modern military sleeping bag the weight is less then 50# in the pack alone. The above list can help any other members of your party. If someone gos with you. Then all they need is solid clothing and a sleeping bag.

Im moving around if SHTF. Its what anybody is going to have to do to survive. You can't store food for the rest of your life. 4mos supply? 4years?

Ill move to where its less dangerous and food is available.

Top Bottom