• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    wife’s cousin / MIL’s nephew came to visit for a few days…i could go on for days about his fam and the shit they tried to pull with us over the years. Wife’s friend said it best - “ you’re lucky your husband is an asshole” :laughing:

At any rate, wife has to work a few days next week so she let MIL make plans.

This plan is:
    Going to the movies for two days straight.

Asshole that i am, I simply asked “why don’t you guys do something that he can’t do in CA…seems like a waste of time to spend all that money to fly to texas and sit in a movie theater and watch the same movies he can watch at home”.

This quickly turned into one of those “stop saying mean things” discussions LMAO

How dare you make perfect sense.
    Gun Zone Deals

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Asshole that i am, I simply asked “why don’t you guys do something that he can’t do in CA…seems like a waste of time to spend all that money to fly to texas and sit in a movie theater and watch the same movies he can watch at home”.

This quickly turned into one of those “stop saying mean things” discussions LMAO

Point out to them that you didn't suggest they watch "The Sound of Music" for the two days......

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Here’s an in-law story of Mrs P’s cousin’s family.

When we lived in CA, we lived in a nice place at the beach.

Lived there for 12 years and folks would always go to the beach and stop by.

At any rate, we were heading out of town for a week. Cousin wants to go to the beach with their family, asks if they can wash-up at our house when they’re done.

Sure, no problem, we’ll leave a key for you.

Mrs P and I return from our trip a week later, it’s about 11pm…they are all sprawled out on our couch watching movies, and her cousin’s family had basically moved-into our place. They’d been there the whole week, sand everywhere, their crap everywhere. Bags of garbage piling up in the kitchen.

I was freaking livid.
    They didn’t see a problem with it “since we were out of town”.

I couldn’t even look at them.
    Told my wife they need to get out or i’m throwing them out.

This was the incident where my wife’s friend told her that she was lucky i’m an asshole :laughing:

Last edited:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    It appears you’ve met my wife’s cousin :laughing:
    sound-of-machine-gun-guns.gif

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas

At any rate, we were heading out of town for a week. Cousin wants to go to the beach with their family, asks if they can wash-up at our house when they’re done.

Mrs P and I return from our trip a week later, it’s about 11pm…they are all sprawled out on our couch watching movies, and her cousin’s family had basically moved-into our place. They’d been there the whole week, sand everywhere, their crap everywhere. Bags of garbage piling up in the kitchen.

I was freaking livid.

This was the incident where my wife’s friend told her that she was lucky i’m an asshole :laughing:
    Holy shit. That's enough for a ass whupping around here.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble

I was freaking livid.

You have 10 minutes to gather your belongings and get out!
    You are not to ever come back.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Given their history, I'd be telling the MIL that she can visit them at the hotel, because they sure as HELL ain't welcome in my home.

I've actually got a POS sister that kept pushing her luck.....after one such incident, I told her if she EVER did something like that again, she'd be banned from my home and life, except for when the entire clan was gathering for Christmas (we hosted it here for many years). She apparently didn't believe me. Haven't spoken to her now in over 15 years. When she's tried to engage me at family functions, I simply look at her without saying a word. Phuck her.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Given their history, I'd be telling the MIL that she can visit them at the hotel, because they sure as HELL ain't welcome in my home.

I've actually got a POS sister that kept pushing her luck.....after one such incident, I told her if she EVER did something like that again, she'd be banned from my home and life, except for when the entire clan was gathering for Christmas (we hosted it here for many years). She apparently didn't believe me. Haven't spoken to her now in over 15 years. When she's tried to engage me at family functions, I simply look at her without saying a word. Phuck her.
    Hasn't made the 15 years mark yet but my SIL is getting closer to it every year. Years ago she ripped off my wife and her brothers on burial expenses for her mother. We refuse to ever allow her in our presence again. With the move to Texas it will just need a few more years.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    So they actually pulled something similar wit my MIL/FIL about 10 years ago.

They got evicted from their apartment, their own parents wouldn’t take them in.

MIL/FIL felt bad, let them all move into their house “while they looked for a new place to live.”

It didn’t take long for MIL/FIL to start watching the kids…then taking them to school…then picking them up from school…then basically being a taxi for the kids.

The last straw was when the mom went on vacation with her friends and left the kids with their newfound babysitters to take care of.

My Mexican/Italian wife was furious, especially since MIL was fighting cancer at the time.

My wife went over and literally threw their belongings in the front yard.
    Words were exchanged.
    We didn’t talk to them for quite a while.

But the crazy thing about this family is that time passes, things are forgotten, and it’s like nothing ever happened.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    But the crazy thing about this family is that time passes, things are forgotten, and it’s like nothing ever happened.

Maybe it's the Squarehead in me....but if you do me wrong, your ONLY chance at redemption is a sincere apology. I was taught to forgive - my sister apparently forgot how to atone for her misdeeds. No loss.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Maybe it's the Squarehead in me....but if you do me wrong, your ONLY chance at redemption is a sincere apology. I was taught to forgive - my sister apparently forgot how to atone for her misdeeds. No loss.
    Yeah me and the wife are different in that regard.

I have a trait that’s really not good at all…but I can literally write people off with the snap of my fingers, and never even think about them again.

I’ve likely done it too many times…mostly justified, at least in the moment, but that spirit of forgiveness can be lost on me

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks

I have a trait that’s really not good at all…but I can literally write people off with the snap of my fingers, and never even think about them again.

I’ve likely done it too many times…mostly justified, at least in the moment, but that spirit of forgiveness can be lost on me
    You're only trait that might not be good is the one that thinks that ^^ one isn't good.
    IMO. :)

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

For me, they have to ask for the forgiveness. I don't have time to chase folks down that don't know how to act to see if they've changed - because they usually don't and I hate wasting my time.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Ouch! I just pulled a muscle in my shoulder while patting myself on the back, because I'm lucky enough to get along with my extended family (so far).

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    bit grandma with it -- that's what teeth are for! Chomp down on anything put in the mouth!.
    Still have all the oil derricks there on the beach? Was there for the Olympics, much changes from the 60s.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    bit grandma with it -- that's what teeth are for! Chomp down on anything put in the mouth!.
    Still have all the oil derricks there on the beach? Was there for the Olympics, much changes from the 60s.

In long beach, there weren’t many oil derecks that were visible. But tankers would unload just off the coast.

We lived just a few blocks from the olympic pool complex that was built.

Speaking of olympics, we visited cuba a while back, just happened to be the week after Fidel Castro died.

We stayed with a very nice family in an air bnb (yup, they have those in Cuba but the logistics were crazy….)

The father was either a coach or competed (I can’t remember) on the Cuban swim team that competed in Long Beach…it truly is a small world. He got a kick out of the fact that we literally lived right there.

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    When I was a little kid living in Fort Lauderdale, all the metro busses advertised airfare, food, lodging for 3 days from Fort Lauderdale to Havana...$99.00.

These was pre-castro days...

The 'mafia' owned Havana, Bautista was in power and Havana was a wild and crazy place...ah, the glory days before it all went to shit...

I remember those halcyon days well...

Top Bottom