APOD Firearms

PSA - Hicksville Gun Range !!! CLOSED !!! - temporarily?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Hey guys, I stopped by the range today and got to talk with JD, Judy, and the new lady stepping in-Jaque.

Judy DID give me a bit of good news. She recognizes that we do have a meet planned coming up. She's trying to make sure she can get everything ready and good to go in time for our meet. So it's good that she does see that on the horizon and has that as a goal. The question DID come up of what caused all this in the first place. Basically, she inherited the land through her family and she's taking care of some legal issues related to the land before her time runs out to do it. I don't understand all the technicalities, but that's the jist of it. All it looks like she's trying to do is change the legal side of the land ownership/management, and keep everything else how we know and enjoy it.

Once things are back up and running, there should be very few changes (if any) from the way things were before. There's talk about POSSIBLY hiring a few extra people to run things, but that will only be if they think they can afford it. I got a chance to talk with Jacque one on one while JD and Judy had to step outside to deal with a guy, and she mentioned that right now they are trying to figure out if she's going to take over and run things and they help her manage, or if they will run the show and she just helps manage. Either way, things will be run the same way as usual. The thing she's looking at right now is she would feel guilty taking over and making all kinds of money off of something that JD and Judy built and turned into what it is. She seems very respectful of what the Hicks' have made happen here and doesn't want to come in and mess that up. Jaque seems like a very down to earth lady and I got good vibes from her.

Right now, it's looking like they may keep the Hicksville name after all. It's a well known name in the area, and it already has a good reputation so there's no since in starting from scratch.

The reason we haven't seen any updates on Facebook is they're having problems getting on their FB page to update it. They pulled the website because they initially thought they would be changing the name of the range, so hicksvillegunrange.com wouldn't really work for them anymore.

So just bear with the Hicks' while they get some background things changed around, and we'll be back to normal before we know it.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hey guys, I stopped by the range today and got to talk with JD, Judy, and the new lady stepping in-Jaque.

Judy DID give me a bit of good news. She recognizes that we do have a meet planned coming up. She's trying to make sure she can get everything ready and good to go in time for our meet. So it's good that she does see that on the horizon and has that as a goal. The question DID come up of what caused all this in the first place. Basically, she inherited the land through her family and she's taking care of some legal issues related to the land before her time runs out to do it. I don't understand all the technicalities, but that's the jist of it. All it looks like she's trying to do is change the legal side of the land ownership/management, and keep everything else how we know and enjoy it. [/COLOR]

Once things are back up and running, there should be very few changes (if any) from the way things were before. There's talk about POSSIBLY hiring a few extra people to run things, but that will only be if they think they can afford it. I got a chance to talk with Jacque one on one while JD and Judy had to step outside to deal with a guy, and she mentioned that right now they are trying to figure out if she's going to take over and run things and they help her manage, or if they will run the show and she just helps manage. Either way, things will be run the same way as usual. The thing she's looking at right now is she would feel guilty taking over and making all kinds of money off of something that JD and Judy built and turned into what it is. She seems very respectful of what the Hicks' have made happen here and doesn't want to come in and mess that up. Jaque seems like a very down to earth lady and I got good vibes from her.

Right now, it's looking like they may keep the Hicksville name after all. It's a well known name in the area, and it already has a good reputation so there's no since in starting from scratch.

The reason we haven't seen any updates on Facebook is they're having problems getting on their FB page to update it. They pulled the website because they initially thought they would be changing the name of the range, so hicksvillegunrange.com wouldn't really work for them anymore.

So just bear with the Hicks' while they get some background things changed around, and we'll be back to normal before we know it.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Judy DID give me a bit of good news. She recognizes that we do have a meet planned coming up. She's trying to make sure she can get everything ready and good to go in time for our meet. So it's good that she does see that on the horizon and has that as a goal.
    That whole post is good news and thanks for the contact/update. However this ^^^ section raises the question, did she or will she offer a cutoff time at which point she adamantly states whether or not the range will be available come Oct. 4?

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    She has not offered that yet. She just stated that her goal is to have it opened by Oct 1st, but she just needs to see how fast she can get her lawyers to do their thing. She wants to re-open by then both for the group meet and also because if she re-activates the website by then, it will be free to reactivate.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    No more long range? Have to qualify to shoot 100 yards? No rapid fire or full auto? No point in driving that far for me. Was a nice place the 1 time I made it down. But take those positives away I'll just stick to my DFW area ranges.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Don't get your panties in a bunch Stuk, that sounds completely uncharacteristic of Hicksville and just needs confirmation.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    1050AM (Yes it took me that long to tap it out, I am at work)

I just spoke with JD. The Hicksville Gun Range has reopened for business with updates on their Facebook page!
    (Though admittedly I can't confirm anything on FB)

All rules and range amenities remain unchanged from the April 2014 meet with the following exceptions:
    * 200-600yd range is closed indefinitely
    * no cars allowed to be blown up with Tannerite. Other objects may be loaded with Tannerite and shot but nothing that contains styrofoam or similar material that is hard to clean up
    * $15/person to shoot all day on PAPER
    * $20/person includes paper and steel targets
    * shooter provides their own clay pidgeons

You'll note the remarks made earlier today causing rise to these questions have been deleted and for good reason.
    I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones on October 4 !

Top Bottom