• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NightTrainHD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Richmond, Tx
    Of the many mods I have, this is what I am using for now. Still making my own flavors, can make a 120ml bottle for about 3.50. Only way to go
    . FIRE.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Andy, what's up with that vaporizer? Does it give you more smoke (vapor)?
    Yeah, it's adjustable - that little round dial-thingy at the top-left allows one to select either wattage or voltage; the higher you go, the more vapor - but obviously the faster the battery dies.

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    I use this one
    I had that one (loved the fact that I could use it as a battery-pack to charge my cellphone) but the button broke off after 6 months; it still works, though.

Still making my own flavors, can make a 120ml bottle for about 3.50. Only way to go.
    How do you make your own? A 40 ml bottle costs me something like $15

NightTrainHD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Richmond, Tx
    Not sure if I will get bashed for posting links so hit me with a PM and I will give you links to where I get my stuff. You will need the e juice app for your phone for the ratios. Just search e juice on whatever app store you use.

Last edited:

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I tried something out today. I had a feeling that inhaling vapor was unnecessary. So I haven't inhaled any vapor today. I just puffed it in my mouth and exhaled through my nose. The vapor never hit my lungs. My last analog (tobacco cigarette) was at around 5:30 this morning. I just ate a huge plate of fried Texas gulf shrimp. Normally I'd be outside smoking but right now I'm content vaping while not inhaling. I think I'm getting more nicotine than inhaling it in my lungs.
    I am using an innokin MVP 2.0 with a iclear30. Switching from it and a iclear16 both with 24mg juice.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Funny that I come back to this thread and yall are talking about vaping.

Wow this stuff has come real far since I tried it 5 years ago in it's infancy. It was terrible back then, felt like huffing little tiny puffs of vaguely flavored steam and was hardly a facsimile of the real thing. Since starting this thread I relapsed for quite a while but decided to try vaping again just a few weeks ago after seeing alot of people actually say it's good now.

Started with one of those $25 Vapinplus setups from a corner store. While that was leaps and bounds beyond the olden days of crappy batteries and cartridges, I started doing research and decided to upgrade. Got the MVP 2.0 with an Aspire BDC (basically step below the Nautalus, which I can't use cuz I would probably break it at work), and this thing is great.

Got a flavor that tastes like I'm puffing off some nice shisha on a hookah all day. I blow out more "smoke" than even on a hookah (great for smoke rings). I've actually found that half my addiction is seeing smoke when I blow it and this fills that role even better than cigarettes and I don't even have hardly any nicotine in my mix. Then add on top of that, no builders mind if I puff on this thing in the houses in inspections and it's perfect. Battery lasts me about 2 1/2 days and I don't even have to crank up the volts or watts to be satisfied. My only problem is now I need to start making my own juice to save on money.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    The mvp2.0 is the best battery I've found. I charged my android from it while puffing and still have enough power for another day of heavy vaping.

Today is day 2 of not inhaling the vapor. Same as yesterday. I haven't smoked since 5:30 this morning. If you are having problems keeping at, try not inhaling. No throat hit and nothing in your lungs.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Search "nnokin iTaste MVP V2.0 with iClear 30 or 2 x iClear Clearomizer" on eBay $42.99. Pick the one with the iclear30. It'll come with 2 iclear16s as well. This is one of the best set ups out there if you're a heavy smoker.
    From what little research I've done including at Innokin, that appears to be the *heavy equipment* of vape machines, correct? It also doesn't seem to come with a lanyard which seems popular. Do you just drop it in the pocket.

Buy 24mg juice from Best E Liquid Flavors - Vixen Vapors. they ship free on Fridays and are out of Arlington.
    If I read things right, my cigs are between 12 & 16 per. Why do you recommend 24, which seems high?

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    That would be a starting point. I'm a heavy pack a day smoker so I started out vaping 32mg. I have no idea how much nicotine is delivered while vaping compared to smoking. I think the mg is the amount in the liquid not the delivery per so many puffs. I honestly haven't been able to tell much difference between 32mg and 24mg except the 24mg is smoother on the throat if inhaling. The hard part about vaping is keeping with it. Because of that buying quality gear is important. Yes the MVP is bulky but IMO a fair trade off for the reliability and quality. I have found the innokin gear is low maintenance. I was using a kanger pro tank 3 and vision ego spinner. This set up is much nicer. If you buy a good set up from the beginning it will be easier to stick with it. Buy quality liquid from reputable vendors. Avoid local head shop type places. They sell liquid from china.

CDF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    N. of ATX
    The hard part about vaping is keeping with it. Because of that buying quality gear is important.
    If you buy a good set up from the beginning it will be easier to stick with it. Buy quality liquid from reputable vendors. Avoid local head shop type places. They sell liquid from china.

This is solid advice from itchin.
    Buy the best gear you can afford- in the long run, you will come out way ahead.
    The wife and I were career smokers and I started when Marlboro's were 74 cents a pack, including tax.
    Thankfully, we have both been cigarette free for over a year now.
    We didn't initially buy good gear and spent way more than required. After finding items that worked for us, I had to make sure we both had a minimum of 2 additional backups each, in case the items that kept us cigarette free failed. So yeah, we went overboard but we did manage to reach our goal of quitting.

While it can be expensive to buy good gear, how much would you be spending on cigarettes? In my case alone, the math says I am now saving $2920/yr. from quitting, not including the wife's habit.
    If it's too painful to look at it from a "what am I spending on gear right now" standpoint, look at it from a "what am I saving by not smoking" perspective. I choose to see it as "after accounting for all the money spent on supplies and gear, we saved $2K+ from not smoking" rather than "we spent $1.5K to quit".
    I spent way beyond that amount over the years trying to kick the habit with meds, patches, gum, etc..

To sum it up, my Grizzly was paid for in full, as well as the reloading supplies for it, by remaining cigarette free over the past year. My next firearm purchase will also be covered in full.
    Next year we will be treating ourselves to a nice vacation with our "non smokers fund".
    Congrats to the "quitters" and best of luck to those in the process of giving it up.

Top Bottom