• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    So you guys that switched to e-cigs, are they still working?
    Do you continue tobacco free?
    Any new recommendations on specific e-cigs?

I followed this thread while it was truly active and am now in the process of re-reading it.
    Venture Surplus ad

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Yes sir, the E-cigs are working for me. I was a heavy smoker, pack to pack and half a day, and more on weekends. Forty years or more of smoking. Anyway, I ordered an EGO kit on the internet. The day it arrived was when I smoked my last cigarette. July 22, 2010. Finding the right nicotine juice is the hardest part. Ordering on line is much cheaper than the brick and mortar stores. You can get a decent Ego kit for around 40 bucks that includes two rechargeable batteries, some atomizers or clearomizers and the charger.

Been getting my hardware from here lately E-cig Kits Plenty of good places on the webs to find the juice too. I haven't found one that sells both decent hardware and good juice tho. I'd be glad to offer suggestions for the e-liquids, if you want to give it a shot.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I've been debating on giving it a shot ever since this thread was started, maybe before then. It's a big leap.

Since going tobacco free, do you feel better? More energetic?

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I've been debating on giving it a shot ever since this thread was started, maybe before then. It's a big leap.

Since going tobacco free, do you feel better? More energetic?

I was a bit disappointed in that department. About the only improvement physically for me was, I lost the smokers cough. But then, I'm 65 years old and it is hard to feel energetic any time, eh heh. It's not just the physical benefits, but also, no more ash trays, no more stinky clothes, and no more stinky car. I like being able to sit on the couch and watch TV with my wife. No more going outdoors to smoke.

It's not really that big of a leap to try E-cigs. I got into it for less than the cost of a carton of cigarettes. It's important to get the right strength juice. I started with 12mg, then went to 18mg, and have been using 24mg for 3 years.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Except after a bad night, I never have smoker's cough. I'm a few years younger and only smoke inside during Spring/Fall when the windows can be opened. My ex-inlaws stayed cooped up inside, both of them chain smoking. I hated going there and stripped my clothing and showered as soon as I got home.

My understanding is like so many other things, you get what you pay for. I'd rather spend more $$ front end to get a good e-cig setup than fight it on the back end. The juice seems to be highly subjective though.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    The e-cigs have been working for my wife but she was an every now and then smoker. I cut cigs about two years ago but continued with smokeless tobacco, I got one and it helped at first but I started using it too often and honestly brought back a craving for a cigarette so I stopped. Eventually I'll try and cut dip but for now I'm not pushing my luck. This is the one she has and it hasn't crapped out on her like the one I got on ebay. X6 Vaporizer Starter Kit (Silver) | Lollibobshop

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    I have been using my vape for about a year now....I pretty much stopped smoking as soon as I got it. After that, the only time I smoked was when I was drunk at a bar and my battery died. I started carrying 2 batteries, or 2 whole ecigs so that I never had to worry about running low on juice if I was going to be out for awhile. My last cigarette was back in December, if I'm not mistaken. I DID start dipping again, but it was because EVERYONE I was working with was carrying Copenhagen Snuff, and I LOVE that stuff. Had to wean myself off of it again, and I'm back to just vaping now.

I usually mix 2 fluids to get the flavor that I like one is 36mg of nicotine, the other is 24mg of nicotine.

I am currently using the Vision Twist batteries. These mate to the two different tank systems that I use, which are very similar but there are some differences. The KangerTech eVod was my first tank, and I really liked it. I use 2.5ohm coils in it, producing the most vapor. The only reason that I have a different tank is because I saw one that was VERY similar, but had twice the volume....so that I don't have to refill every day; rather, every two days, typically. I don't remember the brand or model number of that one....sorry.

Anyhow, yeah.....loving my vape. Slowly stepping down the nicotine level, and there are days when I forget my ecig and just go without...no biggie.

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    I have been using the ecig for over 3 months. I have been doing well untill last Thursday. I was drinking with my buddies and had to have a smoke. Let me tell you what, it was nasty.

Sent from the Bacon isle.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Still using the e-cig. Not sure how long, but it's been a while.

Lost it just before I went to Odessa so I grabbed a pack of Marlboros to hold me over. Talk about NASTY, but it got me through the day.

Found a cheap $20 replacement kit at Wally World that worked OK till I was able to get my proffered set up back together.

Cigs made me feel like crap compared to the E-cig.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Best advice is to stay away from the gas station/convenience store e-cigs and all other cigarette look-alikes. They are crap and will turn you off to the whole e-cig experience. I had a half carton of Merit 100's left when my E-cig arrived. I vacuum sealed the 5 packs and put them in the freezer, "just in case". Never had the urge to get them out of the freezer and ended up giving them away after about 3 months.

I had tried all the gimmicks throughout the years, but nothing worked for me, even cold turkey. It's hard to believe, but I'm saving right at $300 a month with the e-cigs. Times 47 months, that's over $14,000. Good grief. That's lots of potential guns and ammo.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Oh yeah....to answer your question about ease of breathing Glock....LOVE IT!!

Now I can workout or run until I'm tired at a moderate pace....before, it'd have killed me. When I up the intensity of my workouts, I have able to really blow them out of the water.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Every time you're tempted to buy a pack of cigarettes, go ahead and do it. Then, bury it at the bottom of your cat's litter box. Make a rule for yourself that you will not smoke any cigarettes unless they come from the litter box. Now, every time you catch yourself on your hands and knees sifting through cat poop for a puff, you can stand back and look at what a fiend you are. Disgust with oneself is a strong emotion. This sounds silly, but I'm not joking.

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Been vaping for about 9 months now after having smoked for almost 30 years (pack a day) - smoker's cough is totally gone, appetite has increased substantially to the point that I have to be wary of "false hunger". On a more personal sidenote, I keep waking up with "morning wood", as you Americans call it - less blood-vessel restriction, I guess - and it keeps happening throughout the damn day, too.

I started with the eGo C-twist (adjustable voltage for less/more vapor) but now use a fancy Itaste VTR (it uses the same rechargeable 18650 battery I use in flashlights) with 16mg "Pipe Tobacco" flavor:
    wbfce0.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom