• ...and so much more!
  • Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I'm into electric RC planes and EDF jets but nearly all of mine are still in their original boxes, not yet built. Time... money... health... etc. I'll likely keep a very few and sell the rest. It makes no sense to have all this money tied up in dozens of planes I'll likely never use.

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    I've got a "Dueces Wild" to build, along with all the goodies to build it, but since we are still settling in from our move, I don't have a place to build it, yet.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've got a "Dueces Wild" to build, along with all the goodies to build it, but since we are still settling in from our move, I don't have a place to build it, yet.

Lol.

I don't either. I stole the dining room table, moved it to another room, and put a piece of foil backed foam on top to build on. Kinda small but has worked ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    If I did that (again) my wife would plotz!

I'm going to have to be patient and get my workbench in order as soon as I can.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Do you really want control line models? :)

Old style balsa/plywood models are still made as are gas and nitro motors. I'm guessing control line models are still available too but I can't imagine choosing those over RC versions.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    There's still a few companies selling control line. Check out TowerHobbies, pretty sure I saw some control line models in their last flyer.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    I built a balsa P 47 with an 049 engine back in 1963 or 64. It was a fun plane to fly. I guess I am thinking about the doped stretched fabric wings and body, the wire controls and how much fun it was. Oh yeah I did crash it a couple times, finally burned up but it was fun. I suppose, electric motors leave a lot to be desired for me I think a gas engine with its sound rules. I think I would like to find one again, or maybe even on of the plastic version of the gas engine/ airframe

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I started on electrics. Seems the majority of modelers have gone to electric for the convenience, I went to nitro for the sound of an engine running.

Only have 2 stroke nitro right now but once I get brave enough to crash a war bird I will move to 4 stroke nitro or gas. Just couldn't have a P-47 flying around sounding like a weed eater.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I started on electrics. Seems the majority of modelers have gone to electric for the convenience, I went to nitro for the sound of an engine running.

Only have 2 stroke nitro right now but once I get brave enough to crash a war bird I will move to 4 stroke nitro or gas. Just couldn't have a P-47 flying around sounding like a weed eater.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Seen them. Was looking at an FMS P-51 with a sound system. They're pretty cool, not as cool as actual gas though.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Okay then... got $1900? :D

[video]http://www.horizonhobby.com/EVOE999?KPID=EVOE999&CAWELAID=320011980000029789&C AGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=29517541347&CATCI=pla-159469873947&gclid=CPna-NvG5M4CFQYPaQodkwQHNQ[/video]

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    No need to spend that much. A 1.2 gas engine will have a good sound to it and can go in a reasonable sized plane, like a .60 to .90 warbird. The 4 blade prop it could turn will give a better scale appearance as well.

Got the bottom of one float glassed. Waiting for the resin to dry to I can sand off my newb mistakes. Did better than I though I would.

d0a7780386fa353481725f0e31b9d071.jpg

Top Bottom