• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwales

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2020
    DFW
    Do y’all think we are getting to a point where red-dot ready slide cuts will be standard on handguns?

Personally, I have never used a red dot on a handgun, but am starting to get intrigued by them. Right now, all of mt handguns do not have the option but have been looking at Canik, and this does appear to be on all of their firearms.

Ken
    Undoubtedly, yes.
    Texas SOT

Rapt'r223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2020
    Waxahachie, Tx
    Threaded barrels on bolt and lever guns are illegal in some states??? I thiught it was just semi autos in gay states like ny nj ca
    I can speak for one state, CA, threads on rifles are ok. Flash hiders in certain configurations are not... ‍♂️. Threads on pistols are a no go... At least that's what it was 3.5 years ago.

Reactions: MTA

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I was a mediocre shot with my pdp until I started fingertipping the trigger. No dots on any of my pistols except 22s. I tend to use the crease of my trigger finger for my other guns when running them on steel. My target transitions seems better and double taps are tighter but like most of us I own too many pistols and they all shoot a little different. I don't think I'm ready to retrain myself with more red dots yet on combat pistols.

I see the advantages of them but I've also seen them cheap ones die or literally fly off my friends guns.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    RDS in a real world close quarters situation god forbid would not be ideal. Other than that they're great.

This make zero sense - you target focus with a red dot - not focusing on the dot like you would a front sight. Dot gets superimposed over what you want to hit. If you're semi-competent with gun handling and your shit is zero'd, you're going to put rounds where you want them. Even with the shakes from being amped up and under stress, your more likely to make good hits than you would focusing on a sharp front sight with a blurred target focus. Anything beyond contact distance should be sighted fire.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    RDS in a real world close quarters situation god forbid would not be ideal. Other than that they're great.
    Sorry, but that an ignorant statement.

A RDS is easier and faster to pickup than irons (there is a learning curve) and in a CQB you don't have time to look at Iron sights while you DO have the chance to see the dot floating in the box.

RDS meets of exceeds the abilities of iron sights in absolutely every area with getting rounds onto the target.

I can RAPIDLY put my rounds into a 3x5 index card at 7yd after a little "exercise". I've seen, done and helped run this drill MANY times and RDS ALWAYS come out on top.

Under 7yd you're probably going to be instinctively shooting and not looking at sights. If your foundations are sound the dot will be visible and get you fast and accurate shots.

If all you do is flat range and slow fire for "groups" you'll be behind the curve anyway in a CQB environment with any weapon. Take a RDS class, you'll be blown away at how fast and accurate you can be.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    this is the most braindead fucking thing I have laid my astigmatic eyes on, a red dot is perfect for the so called combat pistol due to the simple fact you put the dot on the poor sap who decided their life was worth the 2 cents and pocket lint in your wallet.

1686735932536.png

the future is now old man.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Sorry, but that an ignorant statement.

A RDS is easier and faster to pickup than irons (there is a learning curve) and in a CQB you don't have time to look at Iron sights while you DO have the chance to see the dot floating in the box.

RDS meets of exceeds the abilities of iron sights in absolutely every area with getting rounds onto the target.

I can RAPIDLY put my rounds into a 3x5 index card at 7yd after a little "exercise". I've seen, done and helped run this drill MANY times and RDS ALWAYS come out on top.

Under 7yd you're probably going to be instinctively shooting and not looking at sights. If your foundations are sound the dot will be visible and get you fast and accurate shots.

If all you do is flat range and slow fire for "groups" you'll be behind the curve anyway in a CQB environment with any weapon. Take a RDS class, you'll be blown away at how fast and accurate you can be.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    if you have time to point a gun, you have time to aim.

safestuffer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2023
    Washington state
    I've never used an RDS but I went and picked up a Sig X5 just to have something to mount a RDS on to see if the hype is real. I'll have the RDS here in a week, and we'll see if I like it or not. If I don't, someone else will.

Top Bottom